You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

[Info from Reddit] "Instant torpedo reload upon repair bug. Happened more than once, but thought I was going crazy. Now I have proof"

23 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,102 posts
18,949 battles

Hi all,

[Info from Reddit] "Instant torpedo reload upon repair bug. Happened more than once, but thought I was going crazy. Now I have proof"

Have you guys seen this as well in the game?

This might explain why I got torpedoed in one of the recent games by DD that didn't have reload booster and still he managed to fire another set of torpedoes much quick3er than possible after I hit him with my BB... :Smile-angry:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Angry 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,281 posts
26,739 battles
30 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

[...]

[...]

Leo "Apollo11"

in forum 2 weeks ago mate ;)

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/148169-incapacitating-turrets-torptubes-fully-reloading-them-bug/

On 3/15/2021 at 11:04 AM, YabbaCoe said:

Do you have a link for that?

Also just quick note. As we will have the release of the next update this week, let's wait with the reports, as after that release it can be also irrelevant.

Please let me know, if you will meet this bug after the release of 0.10.2. Thank you

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,102 posts
18,949 battles

Hi all,

10 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

:Smile_honoring:

Darn... how did that "pass under the radar" both here for us Forumites and the developers (which is more important)... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

I wrote Support, they told me

" Check if it happens after the most recent patch, if not, send WGcheck whatever"...

since it never happened to me, how can i report it properly? :cap_fainting:

Did it happen in the recent patch aswell? If so, then its still in the game :cap_old:

• Cool 1

Players
1,176 posts
13,497 battles

Soooooooooooo, were really gonna have a discussion on this while the supposedly loaded tube isnt even used? It could just be a display, even a replay-only bug. In order to proof anything, do the same but then actually launch those torps

• Boring 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
4 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

Soooooooooooo, were really gonna have a discussion on this while the supposedly loaded tube isnt even used? It could just be a display, even a replay-only bug. In order to proof anything, do the same but then actually launch those torps

Check the link from mrWastee - Guns could shoot and torps could be launched aswell. Not a replay or visual only bug...

• Cool 1

Players
14 posts
8,719 battles

I dont have a video, but my shimakaze launched 4 Torpedo Sets right behind each other yesterday in ranked. First 3 regular, then 1 tube that got repaired while reloading. I manually launched the fourth reloaded tube. 

[NWP]
Players
1,508 posts
12,445 battles

I can confirm that when a tube is damaged once repaired (either by completing the timer or by R) it comes up loaded

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,320 posts
23,343 battles

Here's an idea: Launch all torps and let a cruiser in your division reset your tubes with HE for instant reload. If they don't admit it's a bug it must be a feature and can be used as you see fit.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,905 battles
36 minutes ago, Isoruku_Yamamoto said:

twitch.tv/flambass/clip/TenuousConcernedTrayFloof-oHOUMzyCGuvwclpU

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,281 posts
26,739 battles
1 minute ago, Ze_Reckless said:

Here's an idea: Launch all torps and let a cruiser in your division reset your tubes with HE for instant reload. If they don't admit it's a bug it must be a feature and can be used as you see fit.

nothing but evil >).... just why my 1st guess now is as follows?!

@HMS_Kilinowski, day has come... please: baby, hit me one more time :Smile_child::Smile_trollface::etc_red_button:

[THESO]
Players
1,578 posts
18,625 battles
53 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

nothing but evil >).... just why my 1st guess now is as follows?!

@HMS_Kilinowski, day has come... please: baby, hit me one more time :Smile_child::Smile_trollface::etc_red_button:

I'll leave that to our incapable BBs. Although, if past experience is any indicator, they will even fail at resetting your torps, if that is what you expect them to.

• Funny 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,281 posts
26,739 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

I'll leave that to our incapable BBs. Although, if past experience is any indicator, they will even fail at resetting your torps, if that is what you expect them to.

well yeah.... guess no target lock nor deadeye from 20km away on friendly dd's ^^:Smile_veryhappy:

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

Ye. Put it on the "we will fix it someday list".

Good luck with that ... I know by now how much attention this type of bugs get.

[WG]
WG Staff
6,732 posts
4,523 battles
Před 19 hodinami Leo_Apollo11 řekl/a:

Hi all,

This might explain why I got torpedoed in one of the recent games by DD that didn't have reload booster and still he managed to fire another set of torpedoes much quick3er than possible after I hit him with my BB... :Smile-angry:

Leo "Apollo11"

Před 16 hodinami Saltface řekl/a:

I can confirm that when a tube is damaged once repaired (either by completing the timer or by R) it comes up loaded

As mentioned, if you face this bug, please create a Bug Report for Customer Support. It is always important to gather more relevant data for comparison, reproducing the issue internally, finding, what is causing it and creating a fix on that.

Players
7,309 posts
11,668 battles
12 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Ye. Put it on the "we will fix it someday list".

On the other hand: this can be seen as a threat to BBs / buff for DDs, so it might actually get priority.

13 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

As mentioned, if you face this bug, please create a Bug Report for Customer Support. It is always important to gather more relevant data for comparison, reproducing the issue internally, finding, what is causing it and creating a fix on that.

As someone, who plays mostly DDs, im kinda leaning towards: why should I report something, that gives me a benefit? Especially since the customer service doesnt really seem to care?

But lets make a deal: Ill send in the proof, once I see a CV detonating &burning for 60 sec aswell and finally get my first liquidator achievement since 2018. Deal? Deal.

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
3,681 posts
18,027 battles
8 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

On the other hand: this can be seen as a threat to BBs / buff for DDs, so it might actually get priority.

You forgot the most important part about gun/torpedo bug: can be a buff for all classes but CVs.

That will get WG moving asap. No need to even report it now. Can't have their precious reworked CVs become even less attractive than they are now...

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,732 posts
4,523 battles
Před 53 minutami ForlornSailor řekl/a:

As someone, who plays mostly DDs, im kinda leaning towards: why should I report something, that gives me a benefit? Especially since the customer service doesnt really seem to care?

But lets make a deal: Ill send in the proof, once I see a CV detonating &burning for 60 sec aswell and finally get my first liquidator achievement since 2018. Deal? Deal.

CS should care, especially about bugs, as it is one of their tasks they should do.

If you want to send me that proof as soon as you would see one, please go ahead. You can always contact me.

[TIDES]
[TIDES]
Players
148 posts
5,410 battles

I had an issue yesterday in ranked, Kagero - everything was fine, could launch torps and shoot normally.

8mins in suddenly turrets and tubes will not turn but can still fire. (as if ctrl-x had been used) nothing I could do about it.

Still sunk a Z46 that was steaming like a BB potato.

[NWP]
Players
1,508 posts
12,445 battles
2 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

As mentioned, if you face this bug, please create a Bug Report for Customer Support.

As I see it this bug works to my favor as I play DDs. 

My torps get damaged, and as I repair them they are up and running and loaded.

I kinda like what you call a bug.

So, don't be vexed, but I will not file a report.

However, I thank you for pointing me to the proper direction.

[WG]
WG Staff
6,732 posts
4,523 battles
Před 2 hodinami Saltface řekl/a:

As I see it this bug works to my favor as I play DDs. 

My torps get damaged, and as I repair them they are up and running and loaded.

I kinda like what you call a bug.

So, don't be vexed, but I will not file a report.

However, I thank you for pointing me to the proper direction.

I understand, that you want to have this in game, as a special "feature", but nope, we can't have those bugs in game. It wouldn't be fair for everyone, unfortunately.

[NWP]
Players
1,508 posts
12,445 battles
1 hour ago, YabbaCoe said:

I understand, that you want to have this in game, as a special "feature", but nope, we can't have those bugs in game. It wouldn't be fair for everyone, unfortunately.

I agree, but I am not going to help to change this....

You are right. But, come on mate,  I am sure you have other pressing issues to fix.

*big smile

[NWP]
Players
3,681 posts
18,027 battles
6 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

So when will you guys finally fix shells falling short? Hardly fair and it's been in game for far too long.