Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
world_262

Victory Belles Trailer - Beta starts May 2021

5 comments in this topic

[-ITA]
Players
15 posts

While lower-budget than Azur Lane and Kancolle, there were definitely a few things I liked about the idea:

-The "real world" serving as the setting, so the real-world nations serve as factions for the ship-girls.

-The focus on narrative and relationships, making this game more like a visual novel with some gameplay.

-The ships speaking their native tongue: possibly the biggest selling point of the whole game.

-The inclusion of minor navies as factions - Polish, the Dutch and Spanish thus far.

-The art is nice in its own way.

Players
2,358 posts
4,794 battles

I...Didn't even know this was still a thing. I haven't heard anything about it in years, so I assumed it was dead.

The only thing that's an instant turn-off for me is the "gameplay", which is basically identical to KanColle. A form of gameplay I charitably call "a powerpoint presentation with RNG elements".

EDIT: I enjoy visual novels, so I have no problem with that. It's just that if there is gameplay I expect it to actually be gameplay and not hoping your stats are high enough for the wheel of fortune to land in your favour.

I totally agree with the ships speaking in the language of their home nations being one of the best features. For this reason I will likely still follow the game, but for reasons stated above I will not be playing it (which basically describes my current relationship with KC).

Edited by LOZFFVII

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,896 posts
21,604 battles

To be honest I'm guessing that this game will die a quick and ungraceful death given that Azur Lane has already saturated the market and the gameplay looks... well, let's just call it woefully outdated. The number of views for the trailer certainly does not inspire confidence.

Players
2,358 posts
4,794 battles
9 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

The number of views for the trailer certainly does not inspire confidence.

After reading this I actually had a look at the video page on YT.

...Oh dear.:cap_wander:

Uploaded 3 months ago and as of today only has <2000 views and only 72(!) comments. The channel itself only has 964 subscribers.:Smile_hiding:

This game is officially Dead on Arrival.

Spoiler

If nothing else, the one comment saying "Finished before Yandere Sim" was worth a laugh.:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[4_0_4]
Players
8,131 posts
14,609 battles

I remember a reddit thread talking about Azur Lanes defacto monopoly in this genre on the EN market.

I doubt this game has even a slim chance of changing that.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this