Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cyclops_

Ranked and Roosevelt

34 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
1,428 posts
24,607 battles

Any one else fed up of seeing the damn Roosevelt in Ranked???, got to the stage now that if a CV in the que they hit the button and get back to port before they get dragged into a battle 

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
13 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

got to the stage now that if a CV in the que they hit the button and get back to port before they get dragged into a battle 

Well its like that since I am in game like 2016 or so?

[SURFA]
Players
122 posts
7,495 battles

Stayed in bronze.   I play enough to get my 9:wins for the steel then after that I stop till the next sprint.

just using to get the xp on roon so get Hindenburg.

[NWP]
Players
3,708 posts
18,027 battles
12 minutes ago, mdjmcnally said:

Stayed in bronze.   I play enough to get my 9:wins for the steel then after that I stop till the next sprint.

Can I advise you to get to 12. Free doubloons are always nice to pick up

• Cool 1

[SHAD]
Players
3,795 posts
15,178 battles

The poorly played ones are fine to run across in my Midway as I can give them lots of trouble with fighters. When I got to gold qualifiers though, I found it tricky to keep them occupied while also trying to kill DDs. 

I might have to spec more fighter skills in the next sprint.. 

Players
293 posts
4,337 battles
4 hours ago, gopher31 said:

The poorly played ones are fine to run across in my Midway as I can give them lots of trouble with fighters. When I got to gold qualifiers though, I found it tricky to keep them occupied while also trying to kill DDs. 

I might have to spec more fighter skills in the next sprint.. 

Just stay in silver to farm out easy steel. Gold isn't worth your sanity. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,762 battles
11 hours ago, Cyclops_ said:

Any one else fed up of seeing the damn Roosevelt in Ranked???, got to the stage now that if a CV in the que they hit the button and get back to port before they get dragged into a battle 

It's harmless if you are in a DD.

• Funny 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,762 battles
10 hours ago, mdjmcnally said:

At least for Sprint Ranked Golden League, Hindenburg is history. The ones i saw in battles either parked too far, old style,  trying to farm from 20KM or got obliterated by Dead-Eye BBs when they played close. Stalin, Petro, DM/Salem, a well played Mino were more useful.

[OGHF]
Players
1,428 posts
24,607 battles
25 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

It's harmless if you are in a DD.

Really,. what world are you playing in, try playing a Somers against one, or a Midway, Haku i can manage in Somers but not the other 2 

Players
2,797 posts
33,762 battles
12 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

Really,. what world are you playing in, try playing a Somers against one, or a Midway, Haku i can manage in Somers but not the other 2 

Normally, the response to your post above is git gud since the problem lies within your DD play against an FDR.

I did play in Somers against an FDR many times or against all other CVs for that matter. If you are the only DD in the game, it can be very tricky also if the enemy CV is not an FDR but one of other three. Then again, one DD games were rare in my case, at least in golden league.

Players
3,184 posts
22,850 battles

Clan Battles, on the other hand, seem super nice atm, from the half-dozen mercenary games I had last night. A very limited experience to be sure,  but Tier IX without Musashi, Georgia and CVs seemed the best-balanced CB experience since before Wargaming completely fouled up the very concept by launching Stalingrad. Certainly the most fun experience, although my host clan [HYP] naturally had a large part in that as well.

For all I care, there is not even a need to restrict Alaska since because of the Captain Skill Train Wreck, supercruisers can now be bullied so easily with simple HE spam.

OTOH, the Alaska restrictions of course mean they logically have to ban Stalin as well, once they return Clan Battles to Tier X. (<= tongue firmly lodged up muh cheek here)

[SVX]
Players
1,386 posts
16,415 battles
5 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

logically have to ban Stalin as wel

what leauge are you eaven in...... stalin has been removed in favour for petro! its better then stalin now adays! 

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
5 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

ban Stalin

There's a stalingrad in the tech tree that's 50% smaller, it's tankier than many battleships, doesn't burn like a battleship, has better AA, isn't spotted from the moon, has hydro and is 3 pixels tall. Nobody cares about Stalingrad anymore

• Funny 2

Players
4,390 posts
5,713 battles
19 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

One more reason to stay in Bronze :Smile_trollface:

I am bronze-only player but even there you see offen a carrier. Mostly lexington or kaga but sometimes and enterprise.

I thought to go into silver but probably rather not. Too many a holes in upper league in tx ships.

For thundelel I have cure (my conqueror) but still...

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
6 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

I am bronze-only player but even there you see offen a carrier. Mostly lexington or kaga but sometimes and enterprise.

Luckily, most of them suck :Smile_hiding:

Most CVs i encounter are Kaga, Lex, Parseval... others not so much.

Players
4,390 posts
5,713 battles
1 hour ago, DFens_666 said:

Luckily, most of them suck :Smile_hiding:

Most CVs i encounter are Kaga, Lex, Parseval... others not so much.

They are still annoying one way or another.

It would be better when they would made bronze for tier 8 only, silver for 9 only and gold for 10 only, but that would be a deal breaker for wc players.....

You would see a lot of tears on forum here by many of those wc players.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
12 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

They are still annoying one way or another.

It would be better when they would made bronze for tier 8 only, silver for 9 only and gold for 10 only, but that would be a deal breaker for wc players..... 

You would see a lot of tears on forum here by many of those wc players.

Im not surprised that every league has even tiers, precisely so that CVs can play in any league...

• Cool 1

Players
4,390 posts
5,713 battles
21 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Im not surprised that every league has even tiers, precisely so that CVs can play in any league...

Yea but sadly it is how it is. Crybabies would cry when they would be unable to farm steel and doubloons in extra easy mode :Smile_child:

I will probably skip qualifications for silver and stay in bronze. I don't mind to play it with my Massa.

btw why did you quit your clan? I thought you were in typhoon.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
20 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Yea but sadly it is how it is. Crybabies would cry when they would be unable to farm steel and doubloons in extra easy mode :Smile_child:

I will probably skip qualifications for silver and stay in bronze. I don't mind to play it with my Massa.

Havent left Bronze this far either. But it gets a bit boring already... Id like to play Cruisers, but you are just completely at the mercy of your BBs and DDs. And one game was just complete horror. 2DDs + 3 BBs AND the CV took 6 minutes to kill one Georgia... and we lost one BB, almost a 2nd (which was a Musashi even) and 60% of the DDs HP :cap_fainting: Did i mention they ran after that Georgia into the corner? My CV was also incapable of spotting a DD inside a cap, i guess its too hard to figure that one out.

So i went back to play Pommern today, and had to play without 3... Georgia ran around in spawn, shouting that the game was lost after 2 minutes. One DD suicided into a BB, hitting exactly 0 torps. And a Hipper hiding together with the CV behind an Island. Luckily, i managed to plow through on my flank. And said Georgia stole me my kraken by ramming a 5k HP BB :fish_palm: Imagine getting rushed by a KANSAS in your own spawn and ramming it, WHILE PLAYING GEORGIA - THE FASTEST BB in the game :cap_fainting:

20 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

btw why did you quit your clan? I thought you were in typhoon. 

Just reshuffeling to get the lower leagues steel without the need to play Hurricane

Players
4,390 posts
5,713 battles
2 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Havent left Bronze this far either. But it gets a bit boring already... Id like to play Cruisers, but you are just completely at the mercy of your BBs and DDs. And one game was just complete horror. 2DDs + 3 BBs AND the CV took 6 minutes to kill one Georgia... and we lost one BB, almost a 2nd (which was a Musashi even) and 60% of the DDs HP :cap_fainting: Did i mention they ran after that Georgia into the corner? My CV was also incapable of spotting a DD inside a cap, i guess its too hard to figure that one out.

So i went back to play Pommern today, and had to play without 3... Georgia ran around in spawn, shouting that the game was lost after 2 minutes. One DD suicided into a BB, hitting exactly 0 torps. And a Hipper hiding together with the CV behind an Island. Luckily, i managed to plow through on my flank. And said Georgia stole me my kraken by ramming a 5k HP BB :fish_palm: Imagine getting rushed by a KANSAS in your own spawn and ramming it, WHILE PLAYING GEORGIA - THE FASTEST BB in the game :cap_fainting:

I already am bored of bronze league and her maps, but I can't do nothing about it if I want steel and doubloons.

Pommern is fun to play in Ranked, have quality tools to offer for close mid range fight.

Its fun to watch those kansas and minesota players in Ranked, and their surprised faces when they die so fast.

I enjoy so much being focused by musashi while I play massachusetts :cap_old:

Just reshuffeling to get the lower leagues steel without the need to play Hurricane

But you could play in Bravo team in lower leagues. Unless Bravo is already in higher.

[BBMM]
Players
6,988 posts
10,131 battles

Can we have you as a merc so you can carry us :Smile_trollface:

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
3 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

But you could play in Bravo team in lower leagues. Unless Bravo is already in higher. 

Yeah, both ratings are in Hurricane :Smile_hiding:

4 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

I already am bored of bronze league and her maps, but I can't do nothing about it if I want steel and doubloons.

Pommern is fun to play in Ranked, have quality tools to offer for close mid range fight.

Its fun to watch those kansas and minesota players in Ranked, and their surprised faces when they die so fast.

I enjoy so much being focused by musashi while I play massachusetts 

I played Massa in season 1 (mostly) now this season i started with Fletcher/Jutland, but got kinda bored, and then switched to Pommern/Georgia/Benham. Sadly, 2/3 of the BBs i meet are germans, so the secondaries dont do as much as they could :fish_aqua:

Any attempt to play Cruiser ended in a complete disaster so far :cap_old:

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
1 hour ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Can we have you as a merc so you can carry us :Smile_trollface:

Well i can add you to the list of clans i could merc for :cap_look:

• Cool 1

[TES6L]
Players
258 posts
11,958 battles

Only CV i ignore when i sail DD is FDR.

Its just pathetic against DD,especially that funny rocket planes. 

That is CV for kids to get them opportunity to shoot something big. Anything smaller then Yamato is hard to hit for majority od FDR sailors

Sign in to follow this