Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
leonport

Wargaming should stop wasting rescources on big hunt and balance the main game

26 comments in this topic

[TEPES]
Players
236 posts
5,056 battles

What about instead of wasting time, rescourses on a game mode that most of the general playerbase played less than 20games in total actually focus on balancing the main game?

Big hunt is cool and all but i just wonder how much better the game would be if wg would have focused all that effort into lets say the commander rework

• Cool 15
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,339 posts
20,612 battles

I very much doubt it’s a resource issue, WG just are not inclined to change anything unless it is either profitable to do so or because the almighty spreadsheet says too. 

I am not a fan of big hunt itself, but it is nice to have different game modes and alternatives appear, let’s face it diversity in game modes is rare enough as it is. 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
434 posts
6,857 battles

The balancing things I assume you are talking about are not down to missing resources but different views and decisions by wg. If they would want to make these balance changes they can at any time, no need for additional resources. 

Also, if these modes would not get the audience to make them worth the effort for wg they would not put the effort into it. But again, your definition of worth it will be different to WGs. 

You need to consider, the main game is also the main income. if they do not have the resources to develop the main game as well as additional modes they will focus on the one with higher returning, which will almost always be the main game. For your example with the commander rework, they would not divide needed resources away from the rework towards a temporary game mode because the rework is far more important (financially as well). WG is a company after all, and as a company distributing resources financially efficient is one of the most important things. It's reasonable to assume that they know how to do that. And also here, your definition of good resource distribution will be different from WGs, but you don't have to earn your money with this game either. 

[LUZ1]
Players
1,420 posts
14,564 battles
9 minutes ago, firerider202 said:

The balancing things I assume you are talking about are not down to missing resources but different views and decisions by wg. If they would want to make these balance changes they can at any time, no need for additional resources. 

Also, if these modes would not get the audience to make them worth the effort for wg they would not put the effort into it. But again, your definition of worth it will be different to WGs. 

You need to consider, the main game is also the main income. if they do not have the resources to develop the main game as well as additional modes they will focus on the one with higher returning, which will almost always be the main game. For your example with the commander rework, they would not divide needed resources away from the rework towards a temporary game mode because the rework is far more important (financially as well). WG is a company after all, and as a company distributing resources financially efficient is one of the most important things. It's reasonable to assume that they know how to do that. And also here, your definition of good resource distribution will be different from WGs, but you don't have to earn your money with this game either. 

No, I do not assume WG knows how to manage the game well. Too much evidence to the contrary.

• Cool 1

[TEPES]
Players
236 posts
5,056 battles
8 minutes ago, firerider202 said:

if the rework would be priority they would have actually tested it for more time before putting it to live server 

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,723 battles
34 minutes ago, leonport said:

What about instead of wasting time, rescourses on a game mode that most of the general playerbase played less than 20games in total actually focus on balancing the main game?

Big hunt is cool and all but i just wonder how much better the game would be if wg would have focused all that effort into lets say the commander rework

Just curious, what was the job of the map designers and 3d artists during the commander rework? In what field was their contribution lacking? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 1

[TEPES]
Players
236 posts
5,056 battles
14 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Just curious, what was the job of the map designers and 3d artists during the commander rework? In what field was their contribution lacking? :cap_hmm:

what about all the guys that are responsible for big hunt weapons and modules balance?

• Cool 4

[SKRUB]
Players
615 posts
23,170 battles

Game balacing take time.

And when you introduce new stuff, you inevitably make the table flip. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

But if you don't introduce new stuff, people complain from the lack of it.

Ccl: people will always be angry.

• Boring 2

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,723 battles
4 minutes ago, leonport said:

what about all the guys that are responsible for big hunt weapons and modules balance?

You think there is balance? You think they put much effort in? You think that their whole game design team was involved? You do not think that there are project groups?

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TEPES]
Players
236 posts
5,056 battles
Just now, Lebedjev said:

Game balacing take time.

And when you introduce new stuff, you inevitably make the table flip. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

But if you don't introduce new stuff, people complain from the lack of it.

Ccl: people will always be angry.

i understand game balancing takes a lot of time.... then why does wg likes to rush reworks?

you can introduce new stuff in  way that most people will be fine but wargaming just doesn't care and releases things in the state they think is good 

[TEPES]
Players
236 posts
5,056 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

You think there is balance? You think they put much effort in? You think that their whole game design team was involved? You do not think that there are project groups?

yes, big hunt modules and ships are more well thought out than 99% of the skill we got in the commander rework. And my main point with my post was that instead of wasting development on these modes what about focusing on the main game mode

• Bad 1

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,723 battles
2 minutes ago, leonport said:

yes, big hunt modules and ships are more well thought out than 99% of the skill we got in the commander rework. And my main point with my post was that instead of wasting development on these modes what about focusing on the main game mode

Because you do not involve 100 people to decide how skill xy should work...

They have multiple teams that work on different elements of the game.

And in case you did not notice, these game modes are used as testbeds for future mechanics.

7 minutes ago, leonport said:

i understand game balancing takes a lot of time.... then why does wg likes to rush reworks?

you can introduce new stuff in  way that most people will be fine but wargaming just doesn't care and releases things in the state they think is good 

What makes you think it was rushed?

• Bad 1

[TEPES]
Players
236 posts
5,056 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Because you do not involve 100 people to decide how skill xy should work...

They have multiple teams that work on different elements of the game.

And in case you did not notice, these game modes are used as testbeds for future mechanics.

What makes you think it was rushed?

Thats the problem lol.These skills are designed probably by 10 people who don't understand how the games are played.

And the things that makes me say commander rework is rushed are the following:Puting it on the live server instead of listening to the general feedback from ccs and super testers and balance out core issues, instead they were like: deadeye is fine it will not break the game or anything

or just look at all of the cv fighter skills, the lack of understanding of the game from the devs made these skills so useless none of them gets picked, not even in random,How many cvs you have seen using the interceptor skill?i seen 1 since rework in the 400+ games i played since rework, or how many bbs you have seen using super heavy ap shells? i seen like 3. These skills are the effect of when the devs don't know what their game needs nor they care what their game needs

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,723 battles
1 minute ago, leonport said:

And the things that makes me say commander rework is rushed are the following:Puting it on the live server instead of listening to the general feedback from ccs and super testers and balance out core issues, instead they were like: deadeye is fine it will not break the game or anything

or just look at all of the cv fighter skills, the lack of understanding of the game from the devs made these skills so useless none of them gets picked, not even in random,How many cvs you have seen using the interceptor skill?i seen 1 since rework in the 400+ games i played since rework, or how many bbs you have seen using super heavy ap shells? i seen like 3. These skills are the effect of when the devs don't know what their game needs nor they care what their game needs

What has this to do with being rushed? Incompetence is incompetence, no matter what time you need.

They already extended developement by at least a month.

When you do not listen to your playerbase, it does not matter if you do not listen to them for a couple of months longer. The result will be the same.

• Bad 1

Players
171 posts

Actually seems that I am one of few who I enjoyed in this new mod and I would like that it modified version of it with normal ships become regular game mod. I explain everything in this topic 

• Bad 1

Beta Tester
5,764 posts
22,578 battles
6 hours ago, lovelacebeer said:

let’s face it diversity in game modes is rare enough as it is.

Call me old fashioned, but I think there are situations where (too much) diversity is not beneficial.

Like, the food in a restaurant doesn't get better when more dishes are put on the menu..

Likewise more game modes don't make a game better, when the basic game has flaws. Like CV and captain skill reeworks... :cap_cool:

Sooo... fix the flaws first, then bring stuff like bathtub battles or Pig Hunt into the game...

• Cool 6

Players
2,339 posts
20,612 battles
8 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Likewise more game modes don't make a game better, when the basic game has flaws. Like CV and captain skill reeworks... :cap_cool:

Sooo... fix the flaws first, then bring stuff like bathtub battles or Pig Hunt into the game...

In an ideal world WG would address these issues first, but lets be realistic they are not bothered enough to fix them.

So I would rather have alternative modes to play in rather than wait for something that's never going to happen. 

• Bad 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,234 posts
9,993 battles
15 hours ago, leonport said:

I can Answer you that Question.

It would likely become much Worse in the Future if WG didnt Focus Time into such Gamemodes.

You may think these Gamemodes are just some sort of Sidekick Fun they waste Workhours on and then Delete afterwards.

But if you take a Minute considering that WG is a Company which is Paying their Employees for their Time and which wants to Earn Money.

Which is Certainly not Earned by an Event where the Total Reward Value is about 50 Euros. And 40 Euros worth of these Rewards can be Grinded for Free thus the General Profit from those who want everything being about 10 Euros...

Then you should Realize that WG would never Waste Time like this.

These Special Gamemodes have since the Beginning with the Halloween Event. Been used to Test Potential Changes to Current Game Mechanics and Equipment as well as new Game Mechanics and Equipment.

They Provide Valuable Data on what Players do with Certain Mechanics. Be that New Weapons, New Consumables or new Mapmechanics etc etc.

They also Allow them to Test how these Mechanics actually Play out and how Strong they are in Combat against other Mechanics.

These Gamemodes are simply Testbeds for them to Try out new things for the Game.

Not Spending the Time on them would therefore likely Result in a worse Game in Total. Because it would mean that WG would be Limited to Internal Testing by Testers. Thus Balance suffering alot each time something is actually Released on Live.

• Bad 1

Players
464 posts
5,402 battles
16 hours ago, leonport said:

you want the guy that decided to give the wirlwind torps so fast the games server cant keep track of them to balance the main game?

please enlighten us more with your genius

the game is ruined, enjoy the special modes, atleast there is some fun in them 

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
325 posts
11,037 battles
17 hours ago, leonport said:

yes, big hunt modules and ships are more well thought out than 99% of the skill we got in the commander rework.

I don't think you've played Big Hunt or you're just trolling. That mode has 0 balance both in terms of ships and modules/weapons.

• Cool 1

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,625 posts
9,660 battles

r/WorldOfWarships - I suppose they care if your opinions match their own...

• Cool 5

[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,999 battles
On 3/27/2021 at 3:36 PM, leonport said:

you probaply never played the other online games, its called a Event , what runs limited time and then something new comes out

[DREAD]
Players
10,865 posts
7,471 battles
On 3/27/2021 at 2:36 PM, leonport said:

Big hunt is cool and all

No it is garbage and indeed a complete waste. If someone wants to play space ship geek stuff they should make another game 

On 3/27/2021 at 2:36 PM, leonport said:

Well - Balancing would be an intriguing idea but given WG’s track record on this - naa better leave it as it is... :Smile_hiding:

But I agree on the generell statement that these development resources are wasted and that WG should better invest in making a ship game rather than something about spaceships nobody will bother about 

Or they could just copy Battlestations... :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this