You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Results: Showdown off Cape Matapan

17 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
6,751 posts
4,523 battles
Před 7 minutami NobleSauvage řekl/a:

Great, Co-op players left out again...

How come? Battle type restrictions: Random, Ranked, Co-op

[-RNR-]
Players
1,260 posts

Oh well I already have the Duck and a Dasha, Ce'st la Vie I never would have got past RNG anyway lol :Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

Players
1,090 posts
18 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

How come? Battle type restrictions: Random, Ranked, Co-op

Maybe you didn't read the full list:

"We‘re giving away two 10-skill-point Commander Dashas (one Italian and one British): one for the top XP earner in Random Battles for Italian Tier V–X ships, and the other for the top XP earner for British ships. Only XP accrued during the mission time frame will be counted, and you must also complete the mission!"

The emphasis is from the article itself.

• Cool 3

Players
6,674 posts
On 3/27/2021 at 1:13 PM, NobleSauvage said:

"We‘re giving away two 10-skill-point Commander Dashas (one Italian and one British): one for the top XP earner in Random Battles for Italian Tier V–X ships, and the other for the top XP earner for British ships. Only XP accrued during the mission time frame will be counted, and you must also complete the mission!"

Good point, looks a bit fishy. :fish_haloween:

• Cool 1

Players
204 posts
246 battles
On 3/26/2021 at 4:06 PM, NobleSauvage said:

Great, Co-op players left out again...

Mate don't sweat it, WG being their usual generous self, they want you to grind for weeks for 4 camo's lmao. Ohh the winners get a basic captain with a dascha skin. well worth the weeks of grinding i'd say.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
204 posts
246 battles
On 3/26/2021 at 4:24 PM, Maris_Piper said:

Oh well I already have the Duck and a Dasha, Ce'st la Vie I never would have got past RNG anyway lol :Smile_sad:

Don't rule out the 4 camo lol........think how many battles you can have how much awesome fun how much....ohhh wait...its only 4. WG used to be very generous, now not so much, Italian crates give you 1 flag and this one 2 camo...yet they want you to stump up 200 euro for a tech tree Yammy skin. Most relationships are based on give and take...the take massively outweighs the give these days.

WG new company strap line inspired by that well known philosopher Captain Barbosa "Take what you can, give nothing back"

• Funny 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,751 posts
4,523 battles
V 27. 3. 2021 v 12:13 NobleSauvage řekl/a:

Well, for this one yes, we decided to put random battles as condition there. Probably it was made in order to prevent botting programs, as we have sentence there: All participants are subject to checks for illegal modifications / bot programs.

But the main rewards during this event was the Italian cruiser, which everybody, also coop players could get, while getting Regia Marina and Union Jack camos.

Players
1,090 posts
1 hour ago, YabbaCoe said:

Well, for this one yes, we decided to put random battles as condition there. Probably it was made in order to prevent botting programs, as we have sentence there: All participants are subject to checks for illegal modifications / bot programs.

So does that mean that you can't check for bots in Co-op (due to all the bots that are already there presumably)? If so, that might make things difficult with the Amazon voucher recruitment drive, given that as far as I can tell there are no restrictions on game mode for that; there certainly weren't on the recruits-for-doubloons drive last year and the more recent recruits-for-cash drive on the NA server.

But the main rewards during this event was the Italian cruiser, which everybody, also coop players could get, while getting Regia Marina and Union Jack camos.

On the subject of the cruiser prize, I notice there are ten of them listed for giveaway. Will that number be added to for the more people that complete the mission, like with a previous Australia Day event with Perth (I think it was last year's, I seem to recall this year the rewards were a lot less generous)? Roughly how many people are you anticipating those ten cruisers being shared between, out of interest?

Also was there a particular reason to choose a cruiser that's also on the current event container list, leading to a stronger possibility of people already having it, rather than another Italian premium ship that's not on the list? Duca d'Aosta seems like an obvious choice as it's apparently not been involved in the Italian Battleships events so far.

[WG]
WG Staff
6,751 posts
4,523 battles
Před 53 minutami NobleSauvage řekl/a:

So does that mean that you can't check for bots in Co-op (due to all the bots that are already there presumably)? If so, that might make things difficult with the Amazon voucher recruitment drive, given that as far as I can tell there are no restrictions on game mode for that; there certainly weren't on the recruits-for-doubloons drive last year and the more recent recruits-for-cash drive on the NA server.

On the subject of the cruiser prize, I notice there are ten of them listed for giveaway. Will that number be added to for the more people that complete the mission, like with a previous Australia Day event with Perth (I think it was last year's, I seem to recall this year the rewards were a lot less generous)? Roughly how many people are you anticipating those ten cruisers being shared between, out of interest?

Also was there a particular reason to choose a cruiser that's also on the current event container list, leading to a stronger possibility of people already having it, rather than another Italian premium ship that's not on the list? Duca d'Aosta seems like an obvious choice as it's apparently not been involved in the Italian Battleships events so far.

We can and we are checking all kinds of modes in our game, so also coop.

Unfortunately I can't show you, how many players joined this event.

Prizepool of those events can really vary from each other. Probably now it is higher because Duca is included in the ongoing Italian Arc.

Players
1,090 posts
1 minute ago, YabbaCoe said:

We can and we are checking all kinds of modes in our game, so also coop.

So why no Co-op entry for the Dashas?

Unfortunately I can't show you, how many players joined this event.

Prizepool of those events can really vary from each other. Probably now it is higher because Duca is included in the ongoing Italian Arc.

So it's probably more players than the Perth event, but with less ships up for grabs?

[WG]
WG Staff
6,751 posts
4,523 battles
Před 23 minutami NobleSauvage řekl/a:

So why no Co-op entry for the Dashas?

So it's probably more players than the Perth event, but with less ships up for grabs?

No Dashas for co-op entries, unfortunately, as we wanted to have that for Random battles participation.

Well, as you can see, it can vary in the total prizepool. I had to check how many Perths were given, as I forgot that number. It was 20 indeed. But Abruzzi is tier VII, so more valuable ship. And well, we also want to have those numbers rounded.

Players
1,090 posts

No Dashas for co-op entries, unfortunately, as we wanted to have that for Random battles participation.

Why? As it's apparently not for purposes of bot checking. Don't Randoms give enough extra rewards already?

Well, as you can see, it can vary in the total prizepool. I had to check how many Perths were given, as I forgot that number. It was 20 indeed. But Abruzzi is tier VII, so more valuable ship. And well, we also want to have those numbers rounded.

So just for reference, are T7 premiums considered to be twice as valuable (rounding off) as T6 ones? If so then presumably you could have given away more d'Aostas than Abruzzis to give players twice as much chance of winning something.

Players
1,890 posts
9,543 battles
34 minuti fa, YabbaCoe ha scritto:

i got lucky [ENUF] to get extracted for my little perth ^^

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,751 posts
4,523 battles
Před 18 hodinami NobleSauvage řekl/a:

Why? As it's apparently not for purposes of bot checking. Don't Randoms give enough extra rewards already?

So just for reference, are T7 premiums considered to be twice as valuable (rounding off) as T6 ones? If so then presumably you could have given away more d'Aostas than Abruzzis to give players twice as much chance of winning something.

Why? Well, we provided options to get something for everybody and decided to place one side reward to random battles only, as it is our most played game mode.

They are not twice as valuable, but are just more valuable than tier VI, so this time we decided to giveaway "just" 10. With every single event we can decide differently.

Still better 10 Abruzzis than nothing, right?

Před 17 hodinami arquata2019 řekl/a:

i got lucky [ENUF] to get extracted for my little perth ^^

Congrats. But still you have chance to participate also here.

• Cool 1

Players
1,090 posts
5 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

Why? Well, we provided options to get something for everybody and decided to place one side reward to random battles only, as it is our most played game mode.

If it's the most-played mode, surely people don't need more encouragement to play it. Isn't it about time some of the other modes (particularly PvE) got some support as well? They're part of the game too, after all.

They are not twice as valuable, but are just more valuable than tier VI, so this time we decided to giveaway "just" 10. With every single event we can decide differently.

Actually out of interest I looked up the costs of Perth and Abruzzi in the premium shop, if you round up the first is pretty much half the cost of the second. I was surprised at the difference given that there's only a tier difference and they're both light cruisers.

Still better 10 Abruzzis than nothing, right?

Not for all the players who don't win; for them it would be exactly the same as nothing. I realise not everyone can be a winner (or else it undermines the point of a prize draw), but as I mentioned, this event seems stingier than previous ones in a similar vein; it's disappointing that people are getting less now for the same amount of effort. Not that I would realistically expect that trend to change anytime soon of course.