Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gebbly

PSA : Dropped frame rates

5 comments in this topic

[FMJ]
Players
179 posts

We have had a few people post requests for help with running the game lately with no immediately obvious solutions. So it led me to make this post. I apologise in advance if this an old known issue or no longer an issue but if it is still an issue its possible that newer players may be unaware of this and maybe the following can help someone....

I am slowly working my way through the entire backlog of Mingles with Jingles on youtube. In episode 226 he talks about a dropped frame rate issue and its solution, at about 14:00.

To summarise, whilst playing World of Warships he found after an hour or so the frame rates would drop down to about 20fps. The workaround was after playing World of Warships for an hour, close the game and restart it. A friend of his came up with the actual solution. If you have Origin (Electronic Arts delivery system) installed and you dont need it, get rid of it. As soon as Jingles uninstalled Origin the dropped frame rate problem went away and he could play for several hours with no frame rate drops.

It is possible if you have Origin installed it is also impacting other games. I recently played through Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order (an EA game that plays through Origin) and had shocking fps problems which would be cured by closing the game down and restarting it.

Hope this is of use to someone.

[-STD-]
Players
86 posts
1,288 battles
20 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

This video is from 2017, a lot has changed since then.

Yeah you can easily tell, because he's playing Scharnhorst against tier 5 players :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[FMJ]
Players
179 posts

Certainly a lot has changed but playing Star Wars Fallen Order a few weeks back had the same issue so I figured Origin may well still have issues. Its certainly worth a try if someone is having frame rate problems.

[ALYEN]
Players
2,597 posts
4,358 battles

IIRC there was a memory leak in one of the patches a few years back so you may have found that one ...

Sign in to follow this