Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Jared_den_Brorskap_afDyr

Concealment modifications

9 comments in this topic

Question

Players
7 posts
7,359 battles

Hello fellow captains,

Im constantly annoyed at being outspotted in a DD, and therefore decided to make a table that shows me the absolute minimal spotting range of other destroyers that i can meet.

Problem is, its not matching up with the values ive experienced, for example a shima ends up with a stealth value of 5.5xxxxx instead of the ~5,3 it has.

Am I just being stupid in my maths, or am I missing some modifier to the concealment values? As of now, i can only think of "default concealment"*"concealment expert"*"concealment modification upgrade"*"camo", which would make for minimum concealment = default*0,9*0,9*0,97=default*0,7857.

But as I said, this doesnt fit, and on top of that it occasionally happens to me that im being outspotted by someone else that is driving the exact same ship, e.g. fletcher V fletcher, even with all the above mentioned upgrades installed, so what am i missing?

8 answers to this question

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,866 posts
14,654 battles
15 hours ago, Jared_den_Brorskap_afDyr said:

Problem is, its not matching up with the values ive experienced, for example a shima ends up with a stealth value of 5.5xxxxx instead of the ~5,3 it has.

For most ships, the -3% modifier for camo, -10% modifier for concealment modification and -10% modifier from concealment expert are the maximum concealment possible.

The modifiers are applied multiplatively, so the total is not -23% to concealment range but -21.43% (0.97*0.9*0.9=0.7857).

For Shimakaze, who has no other available modifiers, her best possible concealment is 5.56km (shown ingame as 5.6km). I am not sure how you got 5.3km, no DD in the game can reach concealment lower than 5.4km

Some destroyers have unique upgrades like Pete mentioned;

Gearing, who can mount a unique upgrade that provides -15% concealment in slot 5 instead of the standard -10%

Kleber, who can mount a unique upgrade that provides -20% concealment in slot 5
Z-52, who can mount a unique upgrade that provides -5% concealment in slot 5

One issue with spotting sometimes can be latency and timing. The checks that occur for whether an enemy ship is spotted or not do not occur constantly, there can be spikes of time between checks and in that short span it can be possible for a ship to cover a few hundred meters after being spotted but before rendering in the game. This can make some ships appear to have slightly better concealment, but once you become familiar with the standard concealment values most DDs can achieve things tend to become a lot clearer.

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
30,911 posts
15,691 battles
52 minutes ago, Jared_den_Brorskap_afDyr said:

Hello fellow captains,

Im constantly annoyed at being outspotted in a DD, and therefore decided to make a table that shows me the absolute minimal spotting range of other destroyers that i can meet.

Am I just being stupid in my maths, or am I missing some modifier to the concealment values? As of now, i can only think of "default concealment"*"concealment expert"*"concealment modification upgrade"*"camo", which would make for minimum concealment = default*0,9*0,9*0,97=default*0,7857.

But as I said, this doesnt fit, and on top of that it occasionally happens to me that im being outspotted by someone else that is driving the exact same ship, e.g. fletcher V fletcher, even with all the above mentioned upgrades installed, so what am i missing?

Your math is right, but you have to consider unique upgrades on some ships.

Beta Tester
2,130 posts
19,246 battles

As Astolfo wrote: ships get rendered with a delay. If two ships with identical concealment spot each other the following is the order of what appears on screen with some time gaps in between

1. Spotted indicator (that you got spotted)

2. Ship symbol on minimap 

3. Ship model on big screen 

This way concealment values may seem different from what they actually are but it is the same for the player on the other side.

[ROUGH]
Players
423 posts
19,055 battles

On top of what @Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu listed and I have upvoted there is only one additional -10% modifier (× 0.9) that can be obtained with USN special commander Halsey if he scores a Double Strike achievement, but that is a quite rare occurence.

[D-O-N]
Players
22 posts
5,679 battles
Am 25.3.2021 um 23:55, Mark_Baez sagte:

Hi Jared,

i think you have to do it that way:

default concealment * (1 - (0,10 + 0,10 + 0,03)) = default concealment * 0,77

I thought about the same problem months ago ... 

Greets!

Sorry, i see my fast answer was total wrong. But the others have provided great and detailed explanations. I should know better next time ... 

[MBHH]
Players
771 posts
Am 26.3.2021 um 01:38, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu sagte:

no DD in the game can reach concealment lower than 5.4km

Lets use youtube kids language for that:

Shima: I am the stealthiest DD in the game!

Tashibana: Hold my beer...

20210329030704_1.thumb.jpg.1e21330112e64160bdc3f01d16385c1a.jpg

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,866 posts
14,654 battles
1 hour ago, Trench4nt said:

Lets use youtube kids language for that:

Shima: I am the stealthiest DD in the game!

Tashibana: Hold my beer...

20210329030704_1.thumb.jpg.1e21330112e64160bdc3f01d16385c1a.jpg

I stand corrected ^^

• Funny 2

[D-O-N]
Players
22 posts
5,679 battles

Hi Jared,

i think you have to do it that way:

default concealment * (1 - (0,10 + 0,10 + 0,03)) = default concealment * 0,77

I thought about the same problem months ago ... 

Greets!

Sign in to follow this