Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
albin322

what was the second dd we build ? stream!

26 comments in this topic

[SVX]
Players
1,383 posts
16,363 battles

what was the second dd we build ? they told us durring the stream but i joined just as it had been anounced..............

[R3B3L]
Players
1,414 posts
32,668 battles

I wondered the same. During the stream they both ignored questions about the "small free ship" we usually get half-way through the dockyard. And then they even pointe out the second ship and laughed but no info about it. Hmpf :I

dockyard.thumb.jpg.7c6199af6df6386c4ebf0c7831ef6d64.jpg

[-TPF-]
Players
4,664 posts
19,119 battles

If it follows the usual pattern, it's a Tier V or VI ship from the same nation. So probably T-22 with a camo.

Players
434 posts
6,850 battles

There was no additional ship announced, so I assume it's a ship of the same class build simultainiously for esthetical purpose. Also, if there was a second ship to get, why would they hide the info and at the same time put it on pts like that? 

• Cool 1

[P7S]
Players
252 posts
38 minutes ago, firerider202 said:

There was no additional ship announced, so I assume it's a ship of the same class build simultainiously for esthetical purpose. Also, if there was a second ship to get, why would they hide the info and at the same time put it on pts like that? 

As the game progresses deeper into the milking phase, this time there is no mid-tier premium ship on the road to the main ship.

Instead, you will have to assemble blueprint first to even start the progress, which will now be elongated to 22 stages. ENJOY!

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
4,664 posts
19,119 battles
8 minutes ago, Vbeest said:

As the game progresses deeper into the milking phase, this time there is no mid-tier premium ship on the road to the main ship.

Instead, you will have to assemble blueprint first to even start the progress, which will now be elongated to 22 stages. ENJOY!

Not bothered, really. I'm not really one for forum hyperbole but I honestly don't see the point of the new German DD line, so as much as I'd like the proper (French) Le Hardi class destroyer to play with, this half-cocked German version seems DoA. 

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,598 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

Not bothered, really. I'm not really one for forum hyperbole but I honestly don't see the point of the new German DD line, so as much as I'd like the proper (French) Le Hardi class destroyer to play with, this half-cocked German version seems DoA

Are you sure about that? Did you check ZF-6 stats because that ships looks quite good and unlike the new tech tree ships seem like worth grinding through the dockyard. But it does look ugly tho.

Players
1,074 posts
6 hours ago, firerider202 said:

I would have assumed the opposite: if there's no second ship and the one on the screenshot there is just for decoration, they'd take a lot of pains to tell us all about it as soon as possible to avoid disappointing the playerbase; the same thing they learned from the original Dockyard SNAFU.

Then again, this is WG we're talking about, they're pretty poor all round at communicating with the players.

[TOHOU]
Players
312 posts
4,560 battles

WG-s mindset , make german as  bad as they possible could and then release another captain rework that is untested xD

is it just me or does it smell like puerto rico in here xD

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
1 hour ago, JohnMac79 said:

6600 doubloons... no thanks.

This

Also, who says that we need to get a 2nd ship for free? With Anchorage, we also didnt get a free 2nd ship... so maybe, maybe not. Would sounds kinda weird to me, if they would give a T61 or Z39 for free, after announcing that they will be removed soon (that really makes no sense).

• Cool 2

[-TPF-]
Players
4,664 posts
19,119 battles
3 hours ago, JohnMac79 said:

6600 doubloons... no thanks

Not that expensive, though. Z-44 is 19300 doubloons/£54, so you'd be getting a Tier IX at 66% discount. The problem here is the ship (although I may be judging on the basis of the Tech tree line).

[R3B3L]
Players
1,414 posts
32,668 battles
4 hours ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

Are there premium german DDs at tier 4 or 5?

Yes, many many German ships on T4 and T5.

Spoiler

ger.thumb.jpg.3b10c20e49a57a8a5cd2f24e1ad7bd8b.jpg

Meanwhile in Soviet Russia

Spoiler

rus.thumb.jpg.f96de481b9755541fa06f750d20208af.jpg

I know Germany had its WWI-fleet wiped out and construction of the post-war navy started after ten or so years; but give us something German on these tiers. The cruiser Emden-II or one of the Königsberg-sisters. At least these ships sailed around during war.

Edit: six Raubvogel-torpedoboats plus six of the similar Raubtier-class. Were built, saw action. Nice historical material for T4/T5.

Or even the Flottenbegleiter (~T4), one of them threw himself into two torpedoes to save Graf Spee´s sister-ship. Truly a Naval Legend, don´t you think WG?

But the never-built Ohotnik was more important.

Edited by VIadoCro
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,598 battles
2 hours ago, VIadoCro said:

Edit: six Raubvogel-torpedoboats plus six of the similar Raubtier-class. Were built, saw action. Nice historical material for T4/T5.

Type 23 could fit at T3, T4 is already too high for it, T5 is unreachable. But considering that last T3 added to the game, that is not a copy of already existing ships like that Brazilian T2 cruiser, was Dreadnought, and that since WoWs went live not a single new T4 premium was added, chance for getting one is really, really low. They didn't even wanted to bother with T3 Italian BB for a tech tree.

Or even the Flottenbegleiter (~T4), one of them threw himself into two torpedoes to save Graf Spee´s sister-ship. Truly a Naval Legend, don´t you think WG?

Flottenbegleiter, with only two guns and no torps, can't even be a T2.

Second DD in dockyard was probably added for better visual effect, or maybe, in best case, as a tease for some future ship. WG usually announce in front if second ship is available from dockyard. As none was there would probably be no other ship but ZF-6. It is highly unlikely that WG would give T-61 or Z-39, especially as both will be removed in three patches. Most likely there would be none this time just like for Anchorage event.

Considering Flamu video about PTS, there is a chance that there could be option for early purchase of first three phases for 5k doubloons. Now this could be only for PTS as it would not be a first time that prices of PTS deffer from those on the Live, but if this would be the case, 5k doubloons are not bad price for a ZF-6 which seems like an interesting ship

860921488_Screenshot_2021-03-26WoWSFittingTool.thumb.png.88e664aa760792e145df9d73f47fe3e3.png

Good concealment, short range torps but they are fast and hit hard, you can get reload down to 3sec, if you choose Fearless Brawler instead of range, which means that with MBRB it can get 1.5sec reload for period of time. Biggest downside is really poor AP shell penetration. It is even worse then that of Z-46 which is already pretty bad. AP shells also have same fuse time and same threshold of 21mm, but ZF-6 AP does have improved pen angles, same as RN DDs, would could make it better against DD compared to Z-46.

1011842845_Screenshot_2021-03-26WoWSFittingTool(1).thumb.png.b735f165a6e0f8f41425183ad1afe96b.png

HE is also quite bad with 1.45k alpha but it does pen 32mm. So overall not great but IMO there is a potential. For 15sec of MBRB, and full gunboat spec, it can achieve 147.5k AP DPM or 72.5k HE DPM. It with anemic HE damage for duration of the MBRB it can kill or seriously cripple any DD or deal significant damage to CLs.

Now this is all WiP, but if anything stays like this I would probably go for it.

[ALYEN]
Players
2,596 posts
4,358 battles
6 hours ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

I assumed there is no second ship. Which one could it be anyway? Are there premium german DDs at tier 4 or 5?

On PTS phase 14 has 10k coal reward, last phase 100k coal ... those are placeholders I think ... so there could be a 2nd ship ...

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,598 battles
4 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

On PTS phase 14 has 10k coal reward, last phase 100k coal ... those are placeholders I think ... so there could be a 2nd ship ...

100k is placeholder for ZF-6, 10k seems more like usual amount of coal for some stage.

[CAIN]
Players
4,938 posts
20,778 battles

Yes, many many German ships on T4 and T5.

Hide contents

ger.thumb.jpg.3b10c20e49a57a8a5cd2f24e1ad7bd8b.jpg

Meanwhile in Soviet Russia

Hide contents

rus.thumb.jpg.f96de481b9755541fa06f750d20208af.jpg

I know Germany had its WWI-fleet wiped out and construction of the post-war navy started after ten or so years; but give us something German on these tiers. The cruiser Emden-II or one of the Königsberg-sisters. At least these ships sailed around during war.

But the never-built Ohotnik was more important.

Why do you expect WG to add premiums for a navy that had no real naval legends and was insignificant to begin with? 

How dare you asking for German premiums when there's half a million real naval legends from the navy that won WWII left handed? Buy a soviet premium ffs and stop asking for ships that actually existed.

• Funny 2

[DREAD]
Players
10,858 posts
7,471 battles

The cruiser Emden-II or one of the Königsberg-sisters. At least these ships sailed around during war.

Edit: six Raubvogel-torpedoboats plus six of the similar Raubtier-class. Were built, saw action. Nice historical material for T5.

Any of these please 

• Cool 1

[R3B3L]
Players
1,414 posts
32,668 battles
48 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Flottenbegleiter, with only two guns and no torps, can't even be a T2.

dafuq

what did I confuse them with

was sure they had a triple launcher

But you are right.

Eh, I would like them as a T2 despite that. But seeing how the Polish Gryf ended up as a crippled T1 instead a T2/T3 premium-cruiser - no chance I guess.

Players
434 posts
6,850 battles
Vor 18 Stunden, NobleSauvage sagte:

I would have assumed the opposite: if there's no second ship and the one on the screenshot there is just for decoration, they'd take a lot of pains to tell us all about it as soon as possible to avoid disappointing the playerbase; the same thing they learned from the original Dockyard SNAFU.

Then again, this is WG we're talking about, they're pretty poor all round at communicating with the players.

If you are disappointed that you don't get a ship that was never promised to you that's your problem. 

ST 0.10.3, Dockyard, "German Destroyers. Part 1" event. - Development blog BETA (worldofwarships.com)

Where do they mention a second ship? nowhere. Therefore there won't be one.

You could expect players to not expect a second ship if in the list of rewards there is no second ship mentioned. Maybe that's too much to ask, but it shouldn't be.

Also, the players who would be disappointed are not the ones who would notice any specific information about the ship being a decoration. 

• Boring 1

Sign in to follow this