Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
TridentOfNeptune

Great captain rework still holding strong

26 comments in this topic

Players
40 posts
8,900 battles

- Secondary builds dead (and need to sacrifice 11 points for them to still suck, laughable) 

- BBs specing concealment + fire prevention/superintended + dead eye to snipe not spoted (great design)

- CAs specing out of concealment + these stupid skills to get HE dpm to snipe spoted (even greater design)

- DDs standard torpedo build or nerfed gunboat build + concealment (mega rework done)

And there you go, for diversity of builds 

And it's still not beeing adressed xD How long is it already? This incompetent mysterious balance "team" is making fun of themselves with every day that passes 

• Cool 10

[DREAD]
Players
10,865 posts
7,471 battles

Agree - instead of fixing the skill rework disaster they remove historical hulls such as the Bayern A Hull. Yea why leave Immersion in the game if we can break it further?

And anyone who signed into the game once could easily tell them why Dead Eye is a bad idea and how to fix it. 

What data are they collecting?

• Cool 2

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,905 battles
1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

And anyone who signed into the game once could easily tell them why Dead Eye is a bad idea and how to fix it.

Anyone with even a vague knowledge of the game knew this skill was silly without even logging in. It shouldnt have needed any discussion or testing, its an idiotic skill and i dont know what they were thinking.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

Probably the amount of money they are making from people reskilling their captains... once it dries up, make changes to rework so people have to start from scratch again :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3

[CAIN]
Players
4,939 posts
20,778 battles

Agree - instead of fixing the skill rework disaster they remove historical hulls such as the Bayern A Hull. Yea why leave Immersion in the game if we can break it further?

Historical stuff is so 2015, the new "thing" is turning this game into a mix of AFK Arena and raid shadow legends. 

Besides, the new target audience is so clue less about the history of these ships, they don't care anyway, especially if it makes it easier for them to free XP their way to TX.

What data? At this point, i think they are collecting data on how much tears they can farm, how many face palms tjeir decisions get and how much money rhey can milk off the casual windowlickers.

• Cool 6

[DREAD]
Players
10,865 posts
7,471 battles
7 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Probably the amount of money they are making from people reskilling their captains... once it dries up, make changes to rework so people have to start from scratch again :Smile_trollface:

you write it as if it was a joke...

[NECRO]
Players
3,180 posts
Vor 8 Stunden, Jethro_Grey sagte:

Besides, the new target audience is so clue less about the history of these ships, they don't care anyway

And then, when asked in their history exams which was the mightiest navy of the World Wars, they unflinchingly write down "Russia"...

• Funny 1

[NECRO]
Players
3,180 posts
Vor 14 Minuten, 1MajorKoenig sagte:

you write it as if it was a joke...

Sounds like the GW approach: "We change the rules every other year, so you can throw away your armies and buy new ones."

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TACHA]
Players
267 posts
945 battles

There are a couple of things about the rework that I like -- using captains across multiple ships. Paying reset costs out of elite captain XP is also great.

Like everything WG does, it could have been great. But instead, all my BBs use the same build, all my cruisers use the same build, all my DDs use the same build. I can't imagine what they were thinking when they approved radically reducing the number of possible builds.

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

Don't forget ... we have some balanced ships incoming .....

vZ9weA.gif

• Cool 1

[NECRO]
Players
3,180 posts
Vor 24 Minuten, SodaBubbles sagte:

I can't imagine what they were thinking when they approved radically reducing the number of possible builds.

They were thinking: Let them get used to our next step: Auto-skilling. One build to rule them all.

[_MO_]
Players
93 posts
4,069 battles

Not a single bb  of mine have deadeye. 

Not a single cruiser have spotted build. 

All captains reseted before update kicks. 

Now I have a bunch of ships which acting exactly the same and just doing dailies. 

I left gw2 to come here before update due to many extra time(Tnx covid :/) and guess.... I'm back to my old game and left this in pc logging in playing a battle and g logging out. No interest at all unfortunately cause that so called build diversity,, is only for premium ships with one captain, but that requires me to give a lot of milk to do it. I was watching the game for years and know it was awesome but now is nothing else but a money sink. So no. I'll just keep it f2p for now. Remaining premium days 110ish and that's it. Feeling sorry for vets that have experience of what it was while see what it becomes.

Guess I'm happy I manage to play 3 months of what it was at least.... 

[ALYEN]
Players
2,647 posts
4,358 battles
33 minutes ago, SodaBubbles said:

using captains across multiple ships.

this is the only new thing, you could use ECXP for retraining/reset before the rework ....

• Cool 2

Players
849 posts

Havent played cruisers much lately, and I took a week long break from anything else than Big Hunt. Took out my radar neptune and tried to play safely. Played 5 matches and got oneshotted in 2 by BB sitting 15km away. Now i know why they are offering containers to cruiser players in ranked.

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,037 posts

Biggest gripe with the rework is that an already passive playerbase got even more passive.

And a team with competent players rolfstmp the other team more now, than before this rework.

Just imagine how the REMFs would react if they changed the criteria of Deadeye so enemy ships must be within your own BB detection range to activate?

• Cool 1

Players
2,488 posts

New World Of Warships player amazed by Dead Eye accuracy....

WOWs Baby.jpg

Players
851 posts
8,060 battles

You people joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if a mobile version is in the works. Which would mean, simplify, simplify, simplify. 

[UNOVI]
Players
522 posts
7,196 battles
1 hour ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

this is the only new thing, you could use ECXP for retraining/reset before the rework ....

And you cant even really use those captains (practically, in theory you could if you pay the retrain price every time you switch). The purpose behind this update was to increase the grind

[HOO]
Players
2,193 posts
3,927 battles
1 hour ago, Bindolaf_Werebane said:

You people joke, but I wouldn't be surprised if a mobile version is in the works. Which would mean, simplify, simplify, simplify. 

Could you imagine WG having to share some of it's profits to use the Apple Store to sell the app?

I can't.

Players
851 posts
8,060 battles
56 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Could you imagine WG having to share some of it's profits to use the Apple Store to sell the app?

I can't.

Just look at Genshin Impact and other, even worse gacha games. I sure can.

[INTRO]
Players
911 posts
19,113 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, Bindolaf_Werebane sagte:

Vor 1 Stunde, Fat_Maniac sagte:

I can't.

I guess you missed something, it started 2018: https://eu.wargaming.net/en/games/wowsb

[PUPSI]
Players
806 posts
2,665 battles
3 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Sounds like the GW approach: "We change the rules every other year, so you can throw away your armies and buy new ones."

And this is why I no longer give money or GW or WG. Businesses need to turn a profit, obviously, but there is a fine line between that and blatantly rinsing customers. A fine line that both companies mentioned have left waaaaay in their rear-view mirror at this point.

• Cool 1

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,625 posts
9,660 battles

538iac.jpg

Devils rally to salvage a split with Sabres despite still problematic  special teams | Battle Of Hudson

• Funny 1

[NOCV]
Players
81 posts
8,317 battles

the reason for the new captain skills to come; constantly getting players' money

[NOCV]
Players
81 posts
8,317 battles
13 dakika önce, _DeathWing_ dedi:

538iac.jpg

Devils rally to salvage a split with Sabres despite still problematic  special teams | Battle Of Hudson

Even if the deadaye is rework again, the t10s will give up from the camp ??

shimas will play again on 1 and 10 bb's will play on a and z again

Sign in to follow this