TheWarJaC

PT 0.10.3 - German Destroyers: Part 1

17 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles

German Destroyers: Part 1

Update 0.10.3 kicks off an event that places the new German Tier VII–IX destroyers right in spotlight! These ships will become available in Early Access on the Live Server only when the update is released. Meanwhile, we invite you to take part in the testing of the event.

Note: the new German destroyers can't be obtained on the Public Test server.

• Features of the Ship Branch
  • Accurate main battery guns with a large caliber for this ship type—150 mm.
  • Powerful AP shells with decent penetration, damage, and enhanced shell ricochet angles. They are capable of dealing significant damage to cruisers.
  • Good armor for their type and large HP pools. Combined with effective artillery, this results in special gameplay for the new German destroyers. They are essentially agile mini cruisers with powerful AP shells that primarily focus on lone targets—light cruisers particularly.
  • The low damage per minute of their HE shells and their high detectability means that these new ships are quite ineffective when fighting for control of Key Areas.
  • The Smoke Generator consumable improves the already great survivability of the new ships even further. Starting from Tier IX, German destroyers have the Defensive AA Fire consumable, which allows them to confront enemy squadrons with greater confidence.
  • Torpedoes with a short reload time—quite standard for German destroyers—but average damage and range. They are effective against heavily armored targets.

Early Access

German Tokens are a new temporary resource. You can earn them by completing weekly chains of combat missions. They can also be obtained from random bundles available for Doubloons, free daily bundles, and bundles in exchange for Recruitment Points in the Armory.

Rewards for German Tokens

Sequentially available bundles with VII Z-31; VIII Gustav Julius Maerker; Iron Cross permanent camouflages for the new German Tier VII, IX, and Tier X destroyers; and other rewards.

The amount of Tokens that can be earned by completing chains of combat missions will be enough to obtain a sequentially available bundle with VII Z-31.

b9085b1e-8b01-11eb-b0c7-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

b8b901d6-8b01-11eb-bb80-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

Rewards From the Random Bundles Available for Doubloons

IX Felix Schultz, German Tokens, Hunter and Black-White-Red expendable camouflages, and special signals.

b8e3cf38-8b01-11eb-afd4-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

The Port of Hamburg has been updated.

39fa032c-8b10-11eb-9b49-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

[O-V]
Players
117 posts
8,912 battles

Its a shame i don't play above T7 now after the god awful commander skill rework

The old secondary Bismark would have been fun ,  

[OHRIP]
Players
1,196 posts
9,899 battles

Rework new German DDs to make them viable. In the current form they are a complete and utter failure.

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles
On 3/29/2021 at 11:39 AM, Dampfboot said:

Rework new German DDs to make them viable. In the current form they are a complete and utter failure.

Hi Captain, 

Of course, it is only my personal opinion, but the new German Destroyers look interesting. They have good AP, good armor, and large HP pools; this, combined with Smoke, grants them great survivability and shapes a different kind of meta for the class, which may be interesting to explore. 

What would you improve? 

• Funny 2

[OHRIP]
Players
1,196 posts
9,899 battles
2 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 

Of course, it is only my personal opinion, but the new German Destroyers look interesting. They have good AP, good armor, and large HP pools; this, combined with Smoke, grants them great survivability and shapes a different kind of meta for the class, which may be interesting to explore. 

What would you improve? 

Large HP Pools means nothing with crap concealment. Damage pinata. Will be dead before it can shoot the target.

AP against what? Nobody is playing light cruisers due to fun&engagingtm DEAD EYEtm skill where we are eagerly waiting for the reworktm soontm. Also those light cruisers that are still played, have radar, so no smoke for you.

Pew pew from smoke, great without hydro and any DPM.

Didn´t they also have a turning circle worse than most BBs?

• Cool 3

[ALYEN]
Players
2,650 posts
4,358 battles

On another note, will we be credited the XP and credits for the removed 150mm module from Z-23 when the ship gets changed ? I sure hope we will be ...

Players
241 posts
8,079 battles
On 3/31/2021 at 1:06 PM, TheWarJaC said:

What would you improve? 

I'm mainly gonna speak about T9 and T10, I can see what WG is trying to do with these DDs, Mid to long range cruiser-esk DDs, 

I would improve reload of T9 and T10 to between 6.5 - 7 seconds and give HE 12% fire chance, Despite the low HE DPM it will allow Elbing and Felix to set fires comfortably on BBs and cruisers.

And buff new torps to have 1.1 km concealment, this will improve hit rate against BBs and heavy cruisers, Also will add more dot damage to Felix and Elbing as HE has very low HE Alpha, thus both Elbing and Felix will play more like improved Maerker and Z31 with high dot chance and ability to fight against CLs at range and annoy DDs with high HP and 25 mm armor.

I would also improve Elbings turning circle to 840 to 850 meters. It's very scary to play with DD that turns like BB.

That's all that i would do.

Edit: Also i would give Felix's B hull HP of 25,450 HP because Type 1938A/AC has 4902 tons maximum displacement and with calculations it means 25,450 HP..

Elbing is 10 meters longer and 1 meters wider then Felix while being 1 knots slower, It's way too weird that Elbing has 890 meters turning circle.

Players
1,203 posts
On 3/31/2021 at 3:36 PM, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 

What would you improve? 

I'm sorry what?? They have good AP. That is the only thing you said which looks nice. Armor is a bonus, that only gives it an advantage against a couple of DDs. The cruisers that it's supposedly supposed to target can all pin that armor. HP pool is nice, but smoke cooldown is long and needs reducing. Also interesting to explore?? How come its only WG ppl who are interested and not the players whom this ships were designed for. What magical logic is that?? Also even tho I hate Flamu, he showed two clips of Elbing in action and it gets obliterated.

Players
1,203 posts
On 3/31/2021 at 3:36 PM, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 

What would you improve? 

Here is what I would improve or give the Elbing:-

I would give the new line

1. A heal / better armor

The primary role of these mini cruisers is to kill singled out enemy ships, like cruisers. In a one vs one fight you need to mitigate the dmg, or recover from it. So either 35mm armor at the central parts, so DD and cruiser HE will shatter, while most AP will bounce. However if you give broadside, you can be pinned for huge chunks from cruisers. The alternative would be a heal.

2. Faster reload and slightly better HE alpha.

I would give this line a 6.5 second reload. The AP DPM of Elbing with this reload is 227K DPM. I would increase the HE alpha to 2200 (same as the Gaede, Z-39 and Z-23). The HE DPM would then be 122K HE DPM. I'm sorry but the HE currently of the German DDs is crap. Like Maerker has a HE alpha of 11K with 5 guns, and the Elbing HE alpha is 10.2K with 6 guns, which is just ridiculous and over the top. The change I proposed would help the Schultz and Elbing out a lot. The fire chance may remain the same for Elbing and Schultz at 8%. Maybe nerf the AP alpha to 4000 (its really not needed but you can for balance)

3. Better AA and exchange consumables

We all know that DFAA is useless. So remove it and give the hydro back. In compensation, give Elbing better DPS in her mid range aura, say 160 DPS, and keep the long range the same or maybe improve to 50 DPS and give her two more flak clouds.

4. Maybe an emergency speed boost that allows her to close the distance faster, or run away.

Give it like 4 charges base, 40 second action time, 100 second action times. It should help her close the distance to use the already shitty torps, or to get to a position to use her AP much more effectively. 

5. An option for torps which gives players a bit more variety

They should give the new torps which are long range mines as a module selection along with the banzai torps it had

It should make Elbing and other German DDs, effective in their role.

Note that the "good armor" advertised gives less advantages than disadvantages. Helps you against most DDs that aren't running IFHE. But it doesn't help you against German HE and Japanese gunboat HE (Harekaze, Akizuki, Kitakaze, Harugumo). And then it arms pretty much all cruiser and DD AP. Its not Khaba armor where it shatters many armor plating and bounces AP, and if broadside Khaba can just dodge the shells.

Players
1,203 posts
7 hours ago, CaptainKreutzer said:

Also i would give Felix's B hull HP of 25,450 HP because Type 1938A/AC has 4902 tons maximum displacement and with calculations it means 25,450 HP..

Elbing is 10 meters longer and 1 meters wider then Felix while being 1 knots slower, It's way too weird that Elbing has 890 meters turning circle.

WG logic. They don't know maths, which is to be expected considering the horrible decisions have severely decreased their IQ levels

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles
On 4/2/2021 at 2:07 PM, Hugh_Ruka said:

On another note, will we be credited the XP and credits for the removed 150mm module from Z-23 when the ship gets changed ? I sure hope we will be ...

Yes, you will. 😊

Screenshot 2021-04-13 130802.png

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles
1 hour ago, efeezen said:

We want worthy DDs

How would you improve the German's DDs, Captain? Could you leave us feedback? 😊

[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,725 battles
1 hour ago, TheWarJaC said:

How would you improve the German's DDs, Captain? Could you leave us feedback? 😊

Note the date:

On 1/14/2021 at 9:09 PM, ColonelPete said:
  • the success of a DD line depends on how well it deals with other DD, a DD line with no smoke, sluggish, with low DPM and bad concealment will have difficulty dealing with DD
  • I suggest giving them short smoke like the UK DD
  • I suggest to improve the reload
  • Def AA is not a strong ability, even with the fantasy dual function 150mm guns
  • give them UK DD smoke, that results in a more dynamic gameplay and prevents them from sitting in smoke for too long
  • give them german Hydro
  • remove Def AA
  • give the Tier VII and VII the 150mm/55 guns and ammo found on the Gaede and Z-39 with appropriate reload
  • give the Tier IX and X the Nürnberg 150mm/60 guns in twin turrets with Mainz shells
  • speed up the torps by 5 knots

yes, that will limit the AP power considerably compared to the current design, but makes the DD less magic and gives them a better chance at fighting DD and doing a DD job.

[PTP]
Players
10 posts
14,089 battles

a hlavně zvýšit rychlost torpéd

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles
1 hour ago, 01srek01 said:

a hlavně zvýšit rychlost torpéd

Hi Captain, 

Thank you for your feedback about the torpedo speed of German DDs. This is the English section of the forum though, please, write in English the next time 😊.

Českou sekci fóra najdete na tomto odkazu https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/forum/133-česká-a-slovenská-komunita/