Sign in to follow this  
TheWarJaC

PT 0.10.3 - Other Changes

20 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles

Other Changes

Updated the "Daily Shipments" section. It's now available from the first day of each month and offers 24 rewards. The section has been renamed "Daily Rewards" and its interface has been updated.

a784e0cc-8d65-11eb-ac50-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

Updated the Commander window interface:

• The skills tooltips now have a block with consumables the skill applies to.

a27929f8-8d65-11eb-8e3f-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

• When recruiting, dismissing, or performing other actions with Commanders, the last selected variant is preserved.
  • The "All skills" button has been replaced with the  button next to the header of the skill table.

9b846e50-8d65-11eb-a447-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

Players now have the possibility to earn additional attempts in the "Naval Battle" competition, depending on their activity during the Preparation stage, as well as the possibility to view the results of their opponents during the Engagement stage.

a4b2401c-8d63-11eb-9bd5-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

aa573b62-8d63-11eb-8e3f-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

Removed certain hull modules from VIII Mogami, V König, VI Ryūjō, V Furutaka, VII Myōkō, IX Izumo, IX Iowa, V Omaha. This change allows for simpler progress through the Tech Tree.

Stock hulls of V Émile Bertin, V New York, VI New Mexico, VII Colorado, VIII North Carolina, VI Bayern, VI Ranger, IX Fletcher, VII Minsk, VIII Kiev, VIII Ognevoi, IX Tashkent, and IX Udaloi were replaced with new ones created based on the researchable hulls with a changed set of AA defenses.

The details of the hull module change will be announced later.

Kronstadt Port has been updated.

38c398b0-8b10-11eb-b540-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

[ALYEN]
Players
2,620 posts
4,358 battles

The new Daily shipments are worse and uglier than the old ones.

Normally we get between 10 and 15 shipments if they appear for a patch. The new layout will look empty and barren. This looks like a crap console or mobile UI. Reminds me of the old Windows 8 Metro interface that was quickly abandoned ...

You can do better than this ...

We had actual display of what we are getting, not just placeholder icons. Same for dockyard phase rewards.  Can't you afford people that can actually create a nice UI or you cannot pay the graphics people for a few scale down images and animations ?

[ALYEN]
Players
2,620 posts
4,358 battles

Z-23 is missing the 150mm gun option on PTS:

image.png.d5627f627b304f628ed8f37c2ef9f2fb.png

This is NOT listed anywhere in the changes.

Can you please explain WHY ? The Gaede still has the 150mm option ....

• Cool 2

[ZEN]
Players
1,446 posts
14,996 battles
15 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

This is to make you play the new DD line remove the 150mm guns from the Z-23 then you will have to grind an inferior version of the same ship...

Also of note is that the Bayern and Konig loose their historical hulls now the only difference between the stock hulls and the upgraded ones are 4-6 AA guns are different and you can no longer have Bayern without the fantasy refit... What is the point of their removal?

Same goes with the old Furutaka with 6 single 203mm guns, why remove them so the hull upgrade barely changes anything visual bar 4 AA guns...

I mean it was nice to actually see a visual change when upgrading the ships now it just seems awful and lazy as an attempt to cover up that there is no counter to CVs at low tiers...

@TheWarJaC What is the logic behind these changes other than to piss off some of the players that actually like the historically accurate ship models and make the new DD line more appealing by removing existing options? Part of the joy of progressing through a ship line is seeing the visual changes in the ship as you unlock the Modules these changes remove that cause all that changes are a handful of AA guns are swapped... is this designed to reduce the work load in future line releases so that you only need to make 1 model of a ship instead of 2 because it had a refit, like how the Queen Elizabeth doesn't have it's WW1 configuration?

On to the positives, there is more interest in logging in to get the daily rewards than it is currently, however, I have not been able to find how to access the Daily rewards screen after logging in, while it was a pain to go to the armoury all the time at least you could go back to it at any time, this is the only negative I have noticed.

The new version of the port is much more interesting than the original which TBH was rather bland and I never selected it, having a bit of action is nice, though maybe it could be improved by having the ship you have selected have it's AA guns go off in defence of the port like the surrounding ships, just an idea.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,879 posts
6,468 battles
16 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Just checked, and you do at least get 5 (ie, you get the double turret forward) 128's with the hull upgrade.

Tbh, I am perfectly okay with this change..

Here's a quick screen shot of the new B hull.

shot-21.03.27_15.09.24-0377.jpg

Players
241 posts
8,071 battles

@TheWarJaC I have to say this, Z23 should be renamed, She isn't Z23 or Type 1936A class DD anymore. 

Type 1936A always had 150 mm guns and now Type 1936A class DD having only 128 mm guns is inaccurate and isn't historical. Type 1936A class DDs had some proposed names so you guys have option to rename Z23.

• Cool 3

[ALYEN]
Players
2,620 posts
4,358 battles
1 hour ago, lafeel said:

Just checked, and you do at least get 5 (ie, you get the double turret forward) 128's with the hull upgrade.

Tbh, I am perfectly okay with this change..

Here's a quick screen shot of the new B hull.

shot-21.03.27_15.09.24-0377.jpg

Yes I know, you gain DPM and smoke firing penalty is lowered to 3km instead of 3.4 ... but still the change does not make sense and is nowhere documented ...

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,879 posts
6,468 battles
16 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Yes I know, you gain DPM and smoke firing penalty is lowered to 3km instead of 3.4 ... but still the change does not make sense and is nowhere documented ...

3,6 actually. And given that her previous dpm was only beating Arashi, and the Harekaze with the single 127mm guns (which nobody in their right mind uses), and this is a 25% dpm increase. I'd call that a improvement.

By my calculation this would raise her DPM up to a considerably more respectable 112,5k, which would add all the Kagero hull variants, Ognevoy, Silliwangi and Harekaze with the double 127's to that list. As well as quite a few tier 7 DD's obviously.

[ALYEN]
Players
2,620 posts
4,358 battles
1 hour ago, lafeel said:

3,6 actually. And given that her previous dpm was only beating Arashi, and the Harekaze with the single 127mm guns (which nobody in their right mind uses), and this is a 25% dpm increase. I'd call that a improvement.

By my calculation this would raise her DPM up to a considerably more respectable 112,5k, which would add all the Kagero hull variants, Ognevoy, Silliwangi and Harekaze with the double 127's to that list. As well as quite a few tier 7 DD's obviously.

Well this change was needed badly for the ship anyway without removing the 150mm option ... anyway my main gripe is that this is not documented anywhere ...

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,879 posts
6,468 battles
6 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Well this change was needed badly for the ship anyway without removing the 150mm option ... anyway my main gripe is that this is not documented anywhere ...

Oh I absolutely agree with both of those. At least it'll make my job easier as I am currently grinding through her (and not particularly enjoying the expirience so far, won't lie)

[FAILS]
Players
713 posts
21,807 battles

And we lose another historical configuration of a ship. Honestly, why not put Z-23 as she is in the new tech tree and make a carbon copy of Z-35 called Z-36 with different stats and put her instead of Z-23? Even less development work needed and you get historical ship in both lines. Instead we get a paper ship as the new tier 8 and a Z-23 with a gun configuration that never existed on any ship ever. It would seem that WG does not care about history at all.

• Cool 1

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles
On 3/26/2021 at 11:42 PM, Hugh_Ruka said:

Hi Captain,

A quick insight about this. We decided to apply this change to emphasize the differences between the new and old German DDs lines. 

The old branch will feature 128-mm guns, while the new one will have 150-mm guns. The branch split starts with Gaede. So, we decided to leave her with both 128- and 150-mm guns.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,620 posts
4,358 battles
11 minutes ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain,

A quick insight about this. We decided to apply this change to emphasize the differences between the new and old German DDs lines. 

The old branch will feature 128-mm guns, while the new one will have 150-mm guns. The branch split starts with Gaede. So, we decided to leave her with both 128- and 150-mm guns.

WHY IS THAT NOWHERE DOCUMENTED ??? No dev blog, nothing in PTS article or PTS notes ...

I mean we are NOT stupid and understood why the change was done (just see the conversation on the topic above). The main problem is YOU (WG) is NOT telling us this is being done ...

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,879 posts
6,468 battles
On 3/30/2021 at 7:36 AM, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain,

Actually decided to take her out for a test spin and consider me sold on the concept. Just please put the change in the patch notes before 10,3 hits live and all will be good in my book.

shot-21.04.01_16.46.44-0499.jpg

shot-21.04.01_16.46.49-0698.jpg

Players
2,336 posts
20,605 battles

Just to say I am loving the changes to the Kronstadt port it’s amazing I’m just loving watching the port.  

• Cool 1

Players
241 posts
8,071 battles
On 3/30/2021 at 10:36 AM, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain,

About that change, It's nice but Z23 isn't Z23 anymore, She's bearing that name but she isn't in her historical form anymore, I suggest changing her name in old WG fashion and save Z23 name for later, For real when i look at Z23 im sure that i gonna say, " WTF this is not the Z23 i know from history and Azur Lane..." 

• Cool 1

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles
On 4/2/2021 at 4:59 PM, lovelacebeer said:

Just to say I am loving the changes to the Kronstadt port it’s amazing I’m just loving watching the port.  

Me too! Somehow, I find it very entertaining.

Players
1,137 posts
On 3/30/2021 at 1:06 PM, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain,

Ok I am gonna be honest about this

This change was good and logical. The split is starting with the Gaede, so keeping the 128mm guns and the 150mm guns gives an insight on both lines. And removing the Z-23 150mm guns, did emphasize the many difference between the new and the old line, while give Z-23 a boost to its DPM, thus making the ship a bit better. However there were so many better things you could have done.

You could have communicated this clearly to players. Not all players look at the forums, so they could feel cheated in this regard. So it could have been communicated properly. Becoz while this ship took quite the Historical nerf, it is much better performing in game as I tested. 

Overall good decisions, but this should have been communicated properly.

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles
2 hours ago, totally_potato said:

Ok I am gonna be honest about this

This change was good and logical. The split is starting with the Gaede, so keeping the 128mm guns and the 150mm guns gives an insight on both lines. And removing the Z-23 150mm guns, did emphasize the many difference between the new and the old line, while give Z-23 a boost to its DPM, thus making the ship a bit better. However there were so many better things you could have done.

You could have communicated this clearly to players. Not all players look at the forums, so they could feel cheated in this regard. So it could have been communicated properly. Becoz while this ship took quite the Historical nerf, it is much better performing in game as I tested. 

Overall good decisions, but this should have been communicated properly.

Hi Totally_potato, 

We included the information regarding Z-23 on the 0.10.3 patch notes article on the portal. Underlying the reasons behind the changes. 😊

Screenshot 2021-04-16 144055.png

• Cool 1

[FAILS]
Players
713 posts
21,807 battles
On 4/3/2021 at 12:13 PM, CaptainKreutzer said:

About that change, It's nice but Z23 isn't Z23 anymore, She's bearing that name but she isn't in her historical form anymore, I suggest changing her name in old WG fashion and save Z23 name for later, For real when i look at Z23 im sure that i gonna say, " WTF this is not the Z23 i know from history and Azur Lane..." 

Indeed, we just lost another historical ship. It's just some kind of Type 1936 hull with fictional armament on top and might as well be a paper ship at this point.

Sign in to follow this