Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Armada: Austin

8 comments in this topic

[WG]
WG Staff
6,784 posts
4,523 battles
V 26. 3. 2021 v 23:48 pWnZoMg řekl/a:

Just what the game needed! :cap_like:

And why not? Interesting ships for those, who are fans of this playstyle or simply fans of US cruisers.

[SWN]
Players
188 posts
8,502 battles
5 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

And why not? Interesting ships for those, who are fans of this playstyle or simply fans of US cruisers.

Why not? Well, if you are playing a DD might be a good reason why not...

I spend my steel on this OP thing for the lolz and I feel sorry for any DD (or cruiser for that matter) that gets caught out by the Austin and gets deleted so fast there is no chance to respond or do anything about it... 

Saying that it's balanced by the weak armor or slow standard reload doesn't really do anything for the people that get annihilated by the machine guns, does it? 

Testing? Feedback? Naaaah.. 

Great idea, badly implemented, it's exactly up to the WG standard..

[WG]
WG Staff
6,784 posts
4,523 battles
Před 14 hodinami Asatori řekl/a:

Why not? Well, if you are playing a DD might be a good reason why not...

I spend my steel on this OP thing for the lolz and I feel sorry for any DD (or cruiser for that matter) that gets caught out by the Austin and gets deleted so fast there is no chance to respond or do anything about it... 

Saying that it's balanced by the weak armor or slow standard reload doesn't really do anything for the people that get annihilated by the machine guns, does it? 

Testing? Feedback? Naaaah.. 

Great idea, badly implemented, it's exactly up to the WG standard..

How can you know, what the feedback about this ship was from testers?

This ship is a glasscannon. Yes, in hands of unicum player it can be a real thread, but due to her weaknesses, it can be also easily punished, especially in hands of not so much skillfull players.

Also the distribution might be the biggest problem. How many players will actually get this ship?

How many of those you already met?

[SWN]
Players
188 posts
8,502 battles
2 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

How can you know, what the feedback about this ship was from testers?

Do you? 

And we all know what the developers do with feedback (hint: it goes to a place with 0 sunshine) because time and again the community goes *face palm* when it comes to crap that gets implemented. 

I mean this game used to have a notion of counterplay. There is no counterplay possible if you play a DD and you get annihilated in 3 seconds (yes 2 or 3 volleys is all it takes to kill a full health DD..) Even panic smoke doesn't save a DD.  

Even a light cruiser DPM-machine like a Worchester or Smolensk with some of the highest HE DPM stand no chance against this thing, they just melt..  Where is the counterplay?

Hopeing that a deadeye BB shoots the Austin that is slaughtering you is not really a strategy is it? Besides that BB will be 20 km away, and the shell travel time makes it so that the Austin has killed you before the shells even land..

I mean I got the thing and after a few games it's allready very obvious that this ship is broken as F. All you have to do in an Austin is  wait for the reload booster to come off cooldown and then you go looking for you next victim.. 

Heck this thing will be even more brutal in ranked when the teams are smaller. 

[WG]
WG Staff
6,784 posts
4,523 battles
Před 1 hodinou Asatori řekl/a:

Do you? 

And we all know what the developers do with feedback (hint: it goes to a place with 0 sunshine) because time and again the community goes *face palm* when it comes to crap that gets implemented. 

I mean this game used to have a notion of counterplay. There is no counterplay possible if you play a DD and you get annihilated in 3 seconds (yes 2 or 3 volleys is all it takes to kill a full health DD..) Even panic smoke doesn't save a DD.  

Even a light cruiser DPM-machine like a Worchester or Smolensk with some of the highest HE DPM stand no chance against this thing, they just melt..  Where is the counterplay?

Hopeing that a deadeye BB shoots the Austin that is slaughtering you is not really a strategy is it? Besides that BB will be 20 km away, and the shell travel time makes it so that the Austin has killed you before the shells even land..

I mean I got the thing and after a few games it's allready very obvious that this ship is broken as F. All you have to do in an Austin is  wait for the reload booster to come off cooldown and then you go looking for you next victim.. 

Heck this thing will be even more brutal in ranked when the teams are smaller. 

We do know the feedback about those ships from testers, via several channels, but it is internal.

Counterplay against cruisers? Torpedoes or AP shells. If you are in a DD, it is not that easy, indeed, but you always have to cooperate with someone, to eliminate the thread. Also when you are in a DD and you know, that around the island close to the cap, where you are aiming is high HE DPM radar cruiser, you simply can't hang around those caps freely.

[SWN]
Players
188 posts
8,502 battles
On 3/30/2021 at 2:54 PM, YabbaCoe said:

Torpedoes or AP shells. 

See now you are talking counterplay, just in the opposite direction: 

Torpedoes? Austin has hydro. 

AP shells? Angle and just have 10x more dpm.

That is counterplay... There is no counterplay against obscene dpm.. 

Allthough in the current patch WG seems to have come up with a solution: The game client crashing every other game..... 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this