You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
WraithRaider

Low fps

3 comments in this topic

[SIMPS]
Players
11 posts
15,662 battles

I've done a search and can't see this topic raised for some time, here's a fix by WG from 2019 so that might be out of date.

I have a brand new gaming laptop, a ROG Strix with a Ryzen 5000 series and a Nvidia RTX 3070 so plenty powerful enough to play WoWs on max. In fact, I used to play on max with my old 970M!

At first it was great, but not sure when it changed, but suddenly if I zoom in and there's lots of explosions by FPS lowers to like 10 or 15, the sound and game then start stuttering. Never had that with my old lesser laptop, so no idea why it would do it with this beast.

Graphics drivers up to date, checked that the Nvidia control panel is using the graphics card etc, cannot see what would be causing it. I'm running Red Dead Redemption 2 on max settings with no issues. Any thoughts or help?

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

Could be the in game settings.

I hope you are not running NVidia experience or worse - nvidia profiler.

Some people copy stuff from internet and they tweak things that should better be left alone.

Some gpu setting in wows changed.

Play around with them ... 

GL!

[NEXT]
Players
6,089 posts
12,175 battles
4 hours ago, WraithRaider said:

I've done a search and can't see this topic raised for some time, here's a fix by WG from 2019 so that might be out of date.

I have a brand new gaming laptop, a ROG Strix with a Ryzen 5000 series and a Nvidia RTX 3070 so plenty powerful enough to play WoWs on max. In fact, I used to play on max with my old 970M!

At first it was great, but not sure when it changed, but suddenly if I zoom in and there's lots of explosions by FPS lowers to like 10 or 15, the sound and game then start stuttering. Never had that with my old lesser laptop, so no idea why it would do it with this beast.

Graphics drivers up to date, checked that the Nvidia control panel is using the graphics card etc, cannot see what would be causing it. I'm running Red Dead Redemption 2 on max settings with no issues. Any thoughts or help?

Since this update? Might be the update, I have heavy frame drops since this update, so maybe there is something not optimized and we need to wait for a fix