You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Developer Bulletin for Update 0.10.3

102 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
30,934 posts
15,694 battles

I still think you should give KM DD the UK DD smoke and some form of Hydro that improves their ability to fight DD.

• Cool 1

[-NYX-]
Players
270 posts
8,976 battles

I like some of the standard hulls....
people sometimes play this game because they like ships...you know

If you want players to run to the next ship more easily.... Well make those hulls already open to use then.
In that case some players who do like the appearance of the older ship, can still have fun.
And some hulls are better in the lower version.

Like CV planes must differ in models / type's ... SO NOT AS IT IS NOW, same planes on some CV's

this quick run-through tech lines is just a way to get new players to play tier 10 while they are not experienced enough yet.
They can buy their way into tier 9 already...  

And please don't give premium time as high reward....... if it kicks out Steel or Research Points 
Premium time can be bought for those who want it..... and given as small reward to lure other players to buy some.
But in dockyard.... Hmmmm! ? many players who do care for dockyard already have over half a year PrTime (I have about 450 days and that's not a rare case)

• Cool 6

[-RNR-]
Players
1,252 posts

Well I've read all I can about them from as many unbiased sources as I can find and praise is hard to find to say the least, but I'm not a fan of German Destroyers they don't seem to feel the WG Love and it's mostly the Dopey Turret traverse that Kisses me off tbh so I can't see any cash outlay on the Horizon.

PS. What's that Camo, Are the Art Dept on Holiday and PR standing in :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
10,846 posts
7,470 battles

WTF??? :etc_swear:

REMOVING BAYERN’S REAL HULL AND JUST LEAVE THE :etc_swear: HORSE-:etc_swear: Hull?!

————

I hope that means that WG is going to reintroduce that hull as “BADEN” (potentially premium) within a reasonable time frame? 

Argghhh who makes these decisions..?? :Smile_sceptic:

@MrConway can you shed some light on what are you doing with the Bayern hull? 

• Cool 6

[WG]
WG Staff
6,695 posts
4,521 battles
Před 1 hodinou ColonelPete řekl/a:

I still think you should give KM DD the UK DD smoke and some form of Hydro that improves their ability to fight DD.

Well, it was either hydro or smoke. With their strong APs they might be more effective to play against Cruisers more than other DDs.

Před 1 hodinou ZWC řekl/a:

I like some of the standard hulls....
people sometimes play this game because they like ships...you know

If you want players to run to the next ship more easily.... Well make those hulls already open to use then.
In that case some players who do like the appearance of the older ship, can still have fun.
And some hulls are better in the lower version.

Like CV planes must differ in models / type's ... SO NOT AS IT IS NOW, same planes on some CV's

this quick run-through tech lines is just a way to get new players to play tier 10 while they are not experienced enough yet.
They can buy their way into tier 9 already...  

And please don't give premium time as high reward....... if it kicks out Steel or Research Points 
Premium time can be bought for those who want it..... and given as small reward to lure other players to buy some.
But in dockyard.... Hmmmm! ? many players who do care for dockyard already have over half a year PrTime (I have about 450 days and that's not a rare case)

Unfortunately we had to remove some of those hulls, as they simply were too weak comparing to upgraded ones, as those usually just added something there.

Anyway it will help newcommers or those who will reset branches to go through it faster.

New players indeed had a chance to get Lepanto immediately, that is true, but basically none of new players actually did that.

Premium time is still valuable, as we have plenty of players, that doesn't buy premium time, so they will appreciate that. It is the same with coal, free XP, signals, camos. You have players, that have loads of that and also those, who doesn't have any of those...

Před 42 minutami Maris_Piper řekl/a:

Well I've read all I can about them from as many unbiased sources as I can find and praise is hard to find to say the least, but I'm not a fan of German Destroyers they don't seem to feel the WG Love and it's mostly the Dopey Turret traverse that Kisses me off tbh so I can't see any cash outlay on the Horizon.

PS. What's that Camo, Are the Art Dept on Holiday and PR standing in :cap_fainting:

That camo is in the same style as Odin's one.

About battle pefromance of those DDs, it is still too soon to judge.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[WG]
WG Staff
6,695 posts
4,521 battles
Před 7 minutami 1MajorKoenig řekl/a:

WTF??? :etc_swear:

REMOVING BAYERN’S REAL HULL AND JUST LEAVE THE :etc_swear: HORSE-:etc_swear: Hull?!

————

I hope that means that WG is going to reintroduce that hull as “BADEN” (potentially premium) within a reasonable time frame? 

Argghhh who makes these decisions..?? :Smile_sceptic:

@MrConway can you shed some light on what are you doing with the Bayern hull? 

It wasn't removed, it was only replaced with new one created based on the researchable hull with a changed set of AA defenses.

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
10,846 posts
7,470 battles
4 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

It wasn't removed, it was only replaced with new one created based on the researchable hull with a changed set of AA defenses.

Sorry - does it mean it is a new 3D model which looks like a real Bayern but with some more AA? Or is it basically the top hull copied - so the one with the terrible fantasy Refit?

I must say I am hugely disappointed if the “real” Bayern hull gets removed - we want real ships - not these fantasy things 

• Cool 10

[CATS]
Players
30,934 posts
15,694 battles
14 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Well, it was either hydro or smoke. With their strong APs they might be more effective to play against Cruisers more than other DDs.

Considering the amount of Cruisers in the game and their ability to fight of DD, that does not make them strong DD.

• Cool 2

[WG]
WG Staff
6,695 posts
4,521 battles
Před 6 minutami 1MajorKoenig řekl/a:

Sorry - does it mean it is a new 3D model which looks like a real Bayern but with some more AA? Or is it basically the top hull copied - so the one with the terrible fantasy Refit?

I must say I am hugely disappointed if the “real” Bayern hull gets removed - we want real ships - not these fantasy things 

I don't know yet, how this exact change will look like, but tomorrow we can all check, what are the main differences in 3D model.

Před 2 minutami ColonelPete řekl/a:

Considering the amount of Cruisers in the game and their ability to fight of DD, that does not make them strong DD.

Yes, we also keep that in mind, too. We just mentioned they main gimmicks, but they are still in testing and further changes can be applied there.

[WG]
WG Staff
6,695 posts
4,521 battles
Před 9 minutami MojaEkscelencja řekl/a:

Superunicum player on low tiers and playing average with Lepanto so far, so you think it is a new player? Also this account was created in 2019, so it is not a newcommer, maybe second account or wiped account.

Players
3,163 posts
22,808 battles

More dumbing-down, speeding up the progression through the tech tree while still refusing to address the real issue - still no word about the one thing everybody wants, which is repairing the captain skill trainwreck.

Congratulations.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

Players
2,043 posts
3,825 battles
7 minuti fa, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor ha scritto:

More dumbing-down, speeding up the progression through the tech tree while still refusing to address the real issue - still no word about the one thing everybody wants, which is repairing the captain skill trainwreck.

Congratulations.

Just please, please, stop crying in every single tread about the commander skill rework. Get over it; WG doesn't care the best they said so far is that they'll "rework" (maybe remove) Dead-eye

Players
241 posts
8,058 battles

I think T9 and T10 German DDs need is 2,2 k HE that Maerker and Z31 gets, 2 more flak and then American DD DFAA.

T9 and T10 has high armor and high HP pool but they get poor HE, i understand that but HE shouldn't be that bad, like T6 DPM is very bad but with 2.2 k HE alpha DPM can be 155 k when maxed out which is still low but your high armor, great accuracy and high HP will allow trading against high DPM DDs and will also allow farming bow in targets.

T9 and T10 has 6 guns, 2 flak sounds absurdly poor and unrealistc, Halland has 4 by base for an example.

American DFAA can improve AA to high enough that you can defend yourself against CVs.

Please consider buffing these DDs or they gonna be dead on arrival. 

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,695 posts
4,521 battles
Před 2 minutami CaptainKreutzer řekl/a:

I think T9 and T10 German DDs need is 2,2 k HE that Maerker and Z31 gets, 2 more flak and then American DD DFAA.

T9 and T10 has high armor and high HP pool but they get poor HE, i understand that but HE shouldn't be that bad, like T6 DPM is very bad but with 2.2 k HE alpha DPM can be 155 k when maxed out which is still low but your high armor, great accuracy and high HP will allow trading against high DPM DDs and will also allow farming bow in targets.

T9 and T10 has 6 guns, 2 flak sounds absurd and unrealistc, Halland has 4 by base for an example.

American DFAA can improve AA to high enough that you can defend yourself against CVs.

Please consider buffing these DDs or they gonna be dead on arrival. 

Well, the thing is, we made them strong with APs, so obviously, their HEs will not be that effective.

Regarding AA, on highest tiers with Def AA, they should be fine, definitely not dead on arrival. They won't be very effective against squadrons as EU DDs, but will be able to defend themselves.

They won't get US DD AA or DefAA, as it is one of the gimmicks of that line.

[ALYEN]
Players
2,583 posts
4,340 battles
1 hour ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Congratulations.

How no word ? Did you not see the UI changes where they are hiding the display of all off-class commander skills ?

Players
198 posts

Axis vs Allies = Hydro vs Radar :,D ... will be fun :,P

(...)

Regarding the hulls: looking forward what changes will be on Mogami. Oh one more thing: speaking of Mogami, I don't know (no one) how the hybrid ships testing going but may I suggest something. How about adding a hybrid (re-searchable!) hull in the future to Mogami as the real one converted to a hybrid as well in 1943/44. In this way all the players (including the FTP ones) can taste and try the hybrids pros and cons. WG?

• Cool 1

[COTNS]
Players
28 posts
16,957 battles

I hope WG is not going to remove Omaha Hull B, as that is the one I use in preference to the two others. :Smile_izmena:

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,957 posts
18,728 battles
18 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Quoted for truth. Remember that nowadays the usual order of Battle is 5 BB / 3 CA / 4 DD this leaves way too few targets for a DD that is supposed to be strong against CLs but not other DDs. And to add to that CLs (and CAs) are a type of ship that every single other class is already strong against.

You know why Asashio is strong? Because she has a lot of targets in each single battle that in addition are usually very hard to kill and she has the right tools to bring them down more easy. However I can't make any sense of a line of DDs that is supposed to excel against just a few and reasonable weak targets (defensively) that get anyway focused on by anyone and their dog as soon as they are spotted for more than a couple of seconds.

Will reserve my final judgement after I have played the ships on the live server in random battles, however I am very sceptical about the very concept of this new line. Not having a proper role is a thing...

• Cool 1

Players
115 posts
17,550 battles

Removing extra hulls at T9 is one of the few good moves WG has done.

Case in point IZUMO:

178.000  to unlock

44.000 hull B

26.000 gun upgrade

16.000 engine upgrade

60.000 hull C

Total of 324.000 xp - for full researched T9

T10 Yamato 249.000 with everything. WG "logic"

And it's like that for most T9s.

• Cool 1

Players
2,732 posts
15,245 battles
3 hours ago, Ubertron_X said:

Quoted for truth. Remember that nowaday the usual order of Battle is 5 BB / 3 CA / 4 DD this leaves way to few targets for a DD that is supposed to be strong against CLs but not other DDs. And to add to that CLs (and CAs) are a type of ship that every single other class is already strong against.

You know why Asashio is strong? Because she has a lot of targets in each single battle that in addition are usually very hard to kill and she has the right tools to bring them down more easy. However I can't make any sense of a line of DDs that is supposed to excel against just a few and reasonable weak targets (defensively) that get anyway focused on by anyone and their dog as soon as they are spotted for more than a couple of seconds.

Will reserve my final judgement after I have played the ships on the live server in random battles, however I am very sceptical about the very concept of this new line. Not having a proper role is a thing...

I wonder who will be sooner back in the port, German DD or Radar Mino in 1 vs 1. My bet is that Mino will rape it. Even if this DD wił sneak on Mino somehow and score a couple of citadel hits that will be all. Mino will turs turrets, angle, pop radar an heal and good bye DD. That's how it will end when mouse will try to hunt down the cat. 

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,189 posts
9,990 battles
11 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

German destroyers are entering Early Access; the Dockyard returns, Axis vs. Allies; and many other new things.

Read it on the portal

Hmm.

Dockyard looks Fine.

Albeit the Discount seems to be Dropping further.

German DD Event looks Fine.

Albeit again with the Gambling Rubbish...

German DDs itself cant be Judged due to NDA.

Removing some Modules I am Skeptical on.

I do like having the Historical Ships around.

I hope if the Historical Hulls are Removed we do see them as Lower Tier Ships instead. Otherwise its a waste and also a loss for the Game.

Biggest Issue for me.

Is Axis vs Allies.

That Mode looks Dead on Arrival to me.

By trying to Force it into a History Mode. You basicly set yourself up for the same Failure that WoT ended up with.

I am one of tgose who Requested this Mode. So I want to see it Succeed.

But right now the way youwant to do it. I just dont see it going anywhere.

Greetz Sun.

[-DGH-]
[-DGH-]
Players
398 posts
3,438 battles

I expect a high waiting time for Allies in the " Axis vs Allies" mode. Because looking at the balance, nobody but hard core enthusiasts will play Axis.

Another aspect is that you have 6 nations to choose from at the Allies side, and only 3 from the Axis. Which means that from a statically point of view more player will have the chance to participate on the Allies side than on the Axis.