Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Low tier MM

25 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

Hello,

After probably 2 years I decided to work on my Epoch campaign.

I have not been playing low tiers for a very long time ... and this is a standard now in low tiers?

2021-03-23 09_16_04-Greenshot.jpg

Bots mixed among people?

This type of games suck ... first you have to deal with rushing and ramming bots, then you have to deal with human players (if there are any left).

Why not eliminate the bots from low tier randoms and have a lets say 6 vs 6 in my case? Sort of ranked format with adjusted maps .... even a 2 vs 2 would be fun ... anything but bots on our teams !

• Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Depends on the time.

During prime time the bots are rare.

Not really ... I played yesterday during the day couple of games  ... and in most there were bots in both teams.

Sometimes 2 ..3 ... and sometimes 6.

[NWP]
Players
3,690 posts
18,027 battles
2 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Not really ... I played yesterday during the day couple of games  ... and in most there were bots in both teams.

thb, you'll need to define "during the day". As schools are open, and people are working.

So "during the day" might not be prime time after all

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
Just now, 159Hunter said:

thb, you'll need to define "during the day". As schools are open, and people are working.

So "during the day" might not be prime time after all

I played around 5 games yesterday from 8 AM to around 4 PM ...

I know it's not prime time and I do get it that there are low player numbers in the pool at times .... BUT

I am talking here about introducing ranked format for low tiers, where maps are adjusted and teams are without bots. Even 1 vs 1 brawl format would be better than 1 player and 11 bots in the team.

Players
2,335 posts
20,591 battles

I did a few of the low tier missions back over the Christmas period thinking it might help boost the player numbers but it is was still pretty common to have multiple bots per team. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,156 posts
13,078 battles
5 hours ago, nambr9 said:

:Smile_trollface:

I did the same thing and haven't played low tiers in a long time. Did so for the campaign and it was BY FAR the worst gaming experience i had since i play WoWs. Everyone is shooting at everyone at low tiers. Double CV, bots and sealclubber divisions all the time. I dodged more friendly torps than incoming shells from enemy ships. I seriously thought i play a different game. I completed as many stars as possible in Co-op to get through this mess asap. Luckily i'm now in the 4th stage with T9 ships, easy street.

• Cool 2

[TACHA]
Players
260 posts
945 battles
6 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Hello,

I have not been playing low tiers for a very long time ... and this is a standard now in low tiers?

Bots mixed among people?

This type of games suck ... first you have to deal with rushing and ramming bots, then you have to deal with human players (if there are any left).

Why not eliminate the bots from low tier randoms and have a lets say 6 vs 6 in my case? Sort of ranked format with adjusted maps .... even a 2 vs 2 would be fun ... anything but bots on our teams !

After WG flooded the game with CVs, people stopped playing low tiers because there were three CVs in every low tier match and the devs in their infinite wisdom made sure low tier ships had no AA. I have no idea what kind of mind thought that would be fun, just glad I dont have it. The other issue is that the daily missions start at T5. 

Until WG bans CVs from low tier matches, bots will be necessary. Of course, it is powerful evidence that WG's recruiting is ailing. If they really had an influx of new players, they wouldn't need bots...

• Cool 1

Players
292 posts
4,326 battles
5 hours ago, nambr9 said:

That's tier 4 matchmaking for you. A lot of newbies either have already grinded past the tier or are still in protective matchmaking, hence why you might not be seeing many of them. 

Beta Tester
2,373 posts
6,829 battles

Yeah lots of bots in low tier games. There's just too little reason for people to play those matches due to the tiering power creep making people go for bigger = better. The grind is always one directional, towards higher tiers. Eventually you'll find your playerbase is stuck up there, unless there are good reasons to play lower tiers. Like events, missions and simply it being fun.

The annoying thing is you quickly feel like a seal clubber, so getting new ships for free, like the Tachibani, is fun for a few matches, but then you go back to the higher tiers. I'd like there to be alternative, sidegrade grinds in low tiers and more missions (both PvE and PvP) centered around such ships. As is, it's too easy (and thus not fun) to win these matches with lack of experienced players there, despite being a fun "simple" mode where slightly other skills are more dominant than in higher tier matches.

It would be nice if lower tiers started with smaller teams and maps a side (7 vs 7 like in ranked) to ease people into the game better and keep the waiting lines short.

[LX]
Players
292 posts
20,685 battles
34 minutes ago, Figment said:

The annoying thing is you quickly feel like a seal clubber, so getting new ships for free, like the Tachibani, is fun for a few matches, but then you go back to the higher tiers. I'd like there to be alternative, sidegrade grinds in low tiers and more missions (both PvE and PvP) centered around such ships. As is, it's too easy (and thus not fun) to win these matches with lack of experienced players there, despite being a fun "simple" mode where slightly other skills are more dominant than in higher tier matches.

If there were enough players, then it would be ideal to group those players who have reset a tech-tree line against each other.

If there's not enough of those players, then start to match those that have reached mid/higher tiers on any tech tree line, say T7+.

That way experienced users play against similar skilled players (at low tiers) and don't have to endure new player mistakes.

While at the same time, new players don't get seal-clubbed by the veterans (regrinding for RB) and potentially put off from the game.

But, by the sounds of it the MM is struggling to find enough players for low tier as it is without trying to segregate them into fairer matches.

Beta Tester
2,373 posts
6,829 battles

There's definitely a need to shift population from the higher tiers back down to the lower ones to repopulate and more evenly distribute everyone.

I'd also like the matchmaker to show by tier how many people are available and give Capt. XP and Credit incentives to tiers that are underpopulated.

• Cool 1

Players
521 posts
5,790 battles

I quite often find that there's one match like the OP followed immediately by a full hooman match, so I'm not sure why that is.

Agree though that the lower tiers don't have much incentive to play. Don't know why this is as it's fun to play low tiers except for the carrier thing.

Why are there not more missions etc. for low tier play?

[RJCTS]
Players
13 posts
3,207 battles

Low tier has multiple issues. There's the T4 CV nonsense (Yeeeey I get to be bombed by a CV non stop in my utterly AA less ship), the fact virtually every match comes down to 2-3 people on each team who are on 1.5k+ matches after the nrest of the team had <100 each, and the fact that you're effectively PUNISHED for playing low tiers by earning less and getting no mission progress on the missions.

Epoch missions made people play low tiers again, it was a mess, but it was at least active. Wargaming should consider doing more along the same lines if they WANT to increase playerbase in low tiers. Also.... sort the silly T4 CV balance out so T4 CVs aren't routinely utterly unopposed by AA.

• Cool 1

Players
1,096 posts
3,828 battles
7 hours ago, nambr9 said:

Hello,

2021-03-23 09_16_04-Greenshot.jpg

Bots mixed among people?

Low tier is pretty ok.

Sometimes I play some battles, but only tier 2... it's ok.

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
1 hour ago, HassenderZerhacker said:

Low tier is pretty ok.

Sometimes I play some battles, but only tier 2... it's ok.

You sound like you are accepting some pretty low standards ...

• Funny 1

Players
7,311 posts
11,668 battles
8 hours ago, nambr9 said:

and this is a standard now in low tiers?

indeed it is... in the protected matchmaking area on new accounts, you are often the only human.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

indeed it is... in the protected matchmaking area on new accounts, you are often the only human.

Then my prediction was correct.

Not even the NTC or specialized low tier campaigns can save low tiers.

This is the result of wg pushing players to t10.

And here I thought I might actually have some fun doing the epoch campaign...

• Cool 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

It's normal when server population is low, but at least you get bots. If you play tier 6 at that time you get games like this :

3v3.thumb.png.4e9662821fc1fde6acd07771a9f0837f.png

What you're seeing is also the reason there's unicum potatoes, they just slaughter bots at night in T5 and under.

You can see what's going on in T5 and under by clicking on anyone.
-Woah 75% WR 10.000 games, he must be good, I'm in trouble!

-Click on solo winrate, hmm, 60%, still pretty good I guess
-9.000 games in T4/T5, that's weird

-41% WR in T6 never even tried T7 yikes

If you want to play low tier for fun and fight actual people, not just 11 bots and one potato with purple stats, play prime-time, like at 19h or weekends.

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts
2 hours ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

If you want to play low tier for fun and fight actual people, not just 11 bots and one potato with purple stats, play prime-time, like at 19h or weekends.

My "prime time" is already taken by my wife and kids ;)

• Cool 2

Players
1,096 posts
3,828 battles
19 hours ago, nambr9 said:

You sound like you are accepting some pretty low standards ...

no... actually, I reject all the game from tier 3 up because it's a poor experience.

you just need to imagine there are no tier 3 to 10.

the whole game is just tier 2.

then it's ok, playable and enjoyable.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[CATCH]
Players
352 posts
8,893 battles

The Epoch campaign, at least the first two parts, is really frustrating. Low tiers are bad.

On 3/24/2021 at 12:42 PM, ThePurpleSmurf said:

:Smile_trollface:

I did the same thing and haven't played low tiers in a long time. Did so for the campaign and it was BY FAR the worst gaming experience i had since i play WoWs. Everyone is shooting at everyone at low tiers. Double CV, bots and sealclubber divisions all the time. I dodged more friendly torps than incoming shells from enemy ships. I seriously thought i play a different game. I completed as many stars as possible in Co-op to get through this mess asap. Luckily i'm now in the 4th stage with T9 ships, easy street.

Did pretty much the same.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Players
5,017 posts

Well... 

So much for my Clemson time.

I guess coop it is then... bxp missions suck, as Clemmy is the only T4 I kept for .... scientific purposes.

A honest dude cant even sealclub in this game anymore... pfffft.

Players
1,096 posts
3,828 battles
10 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Well... 

So much for my Clemson time.

I guess coop it is then... bxp missions suck, as Clemmy is the only T4 I kept for .... scientific purposes.

A honest dude cant even sealclub in this game anymore... pfffft.

try tier 2 !

;-)

at least until they introduce tier 2 CV

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this