You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Brinckie

Nice new selective mission for italian BB, here's the downer, wait only t6, t7 and t8? So t5 and t9 owners tough luck right?

16 comments in this topic

[-AA-]
Weekend Tester
95 posts
20,295 battles

Just logged into wows and noticed a very nice news article about a few Italian BB, Vittorio, Andrea and Gulio Cesare to name a few.

Very nice questions embedded in the news article to test people's skill, or just learned knowledge.

And even a nice set of missions to choose from depending you playstyle in advance, very wel done WG.

But here is the kicker, you can only play the BB mission with a BB from t6, t7 and t8 , what? why even do we have a tech tree starting on t5? Why even mention the GC in the same article.

Why even offer a standard tech tree t5 as new BB or having a t5 or t9? which some owners kindly provided WG money for.

I for one am not amused by this move WG, started out nice but being punished for having a premium ship of t5 or t9?

I only have a t5 and t7 premium, only used Euro's for the t5 but still some people might have used real money to obtain the t9 premium aswell.

Sad to say that i have learned my lesson the hard way and won't ever use real money again for WG products like WoT and WoWs.

shot-21_03_23_23_23.50-0575.thumb.jpg.06e055356bebc6605b046bf9f75d4d3e.jpg

Spoiler
shot-21_03.23_23_35.19-0465.thumb.jpg.0cdd702276c5836dcccbb5a7a66281c4.jpgshot-21_03.23_23_35.08-0734.thumb.jpg.81f59761fb87ac93a902d9dcbfdcbaf3.jpg

Edited by Brinckie
Just noticed that t9 MP also is not included.. so edited my post.
  • Cool 1

Players
7,308 posts
11,668 battles
17 minutes ago, Brinckie said:

I for one am not amused by this move WG, started out nice but being punished for having a premium ship of t5 or t9?

Ofc its not enough, that you have once spend money on Cesare or have now unlocked Marco Polo for free - cant have that. Need to pre-unlock the tech tree ships so tadaa: get your credit card out again, incase you missed the missions last patch!

• Funny 2

[-AA-]
Weekend Tester
95 posts
20,295 battles
12 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Ofc its not enough, that you have once spend money on Cesare or have now unlocked Marco Polo for free - cant have that. Need to pre-unlock the tech tree ships so tadaa: get your credit card out again, incase you missed the missions last patch!

If only they made the gameplay/experience of it better and more consistent right?

Is WG really only going for the short term goals here or it just me? Seems they still make money so it must be me...

• Cool 1

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,905 battles
6 minutes ago, Brinckie said:

Seems they still make money so it must be me...

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gaming-has-a-new-billionaire/1100-6435097/

https://www.polygon.com/2017/3/7/14834044/wargaming-ceo-interview-world-of-tanks

Wargaming’s chief executive office, Victor Kislyi, was in a mood to spill his guts last week. During an interview with Polygon in San Francisco, he was candid about his recent mistakes and vowed a renewed focus on his company’s flagship title, World of Tanks.

We were a little arrogant, let's say, three years ago,” Kislyi told Polygon. “We were thinking we know everything that our players need without talking intensively to them ourselves. It turned into — I wouldn't call it a disaster, but we hit the wall at some point.”

Seems they learnt their lesson.... NOT :Smile_unsure:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[-RNR-]
Players
1,252 posts

I just gave up on WG's versions of some Great Italian Ships, Containers with 1 flag in them etc ,  just Meh the whole way through, Not for Me :etc_hide_turtle:

As for Learning Lessons, I just Can't Wait :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 6

Beta Tester
1,204 posts
8 hours ago, Brinckie said:

Just logged into wows and noticed a very nice news article about a few Italian BB, Vittorio, Andrea and Gulio Cesare to name a few.

Very nice questions embedded in the news article to test people's skill, or just learned knowledge.

And even a nice set of missions to choose from depending you playstyle in advance, very wel done WG.

But here is the kicker, you can only play the BB mission with a BB from t6, t7 and t8 , what? why even do we have a tech tree starting on t5? Why even mention the GC in the same article.

Why even offer a standard tech tree t5 as new BB or having a t5 or t9? which some owners kindly provided WG money for.

I only have a t5 and t7 premium, only used Euro's for the t5 but still some people might have used real money to obtain the t9 premium aswell.

Sad to say that i have learned my lesson the hard way and won't ever use real money again for WG products like WoT and WoWs.

Reveal hidden contents
shot-21_03.23_23_35.19-0465.thumb.jpg.0cdd702276c5836dcccbb5a7a66281c4.jpgshot-21_03.23_23_35.08-0734.thumb.jpg.81f59761fb87ac93a902d9dcbfdcbaf3.jpg

its russian/wg/lesta way to fck its customers ... be happy that they didn't exclude aroma. would probably be hard to do without showing out clearly. but with just the tier limit it is easy ...

[TACHA]
Players
245 posts
945 battles

I honestly tried with the Caricature of a BB, but those guns are the worst of any ship I have played in WOWs. I was missing the Lexington in Narai at 3 kms with four shells. I just gave up trying to do this mission with that POS. 

On the plus side, you can do it in scenarios...

• Cool 2

[NECRO]
Players
3,091 posts

It's not that you are missing a fortune if you don't do this mission... 4 expendable camos and a container with a high (very high!) probability to give you 1 special signal or 2 additional expendable camos.

• Cool 3

Players
1,072 posts
6 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

It's not that you are missing a fortune if you don't do this mission... 4 expendable camos and a container with a high (very high!) probability to give you 1 special signal or 2 additional expendable camos.

First special mission I've seen where the final reward is almost certain to be only about half as valuable as the mid-stage rewards. Or maybe I just blanked the others from my memory as too stupid to remember...

• Cool 1

[-RNR-]
Players
1,252 posts
7 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

1 hour ago, NobleSauvage said:

First special mission I've seen where the final reward is almost certain to be only about half as valuable as the mid-stage rewards. Or maybe I just blanked the others from my memory as too stupid to remember...

I think this has got to have been the most uninspiring  set of rewards I've come across, 1 Flag, 1 Camo etc I sort of think why bother, the final reward a Camo for a ship I won't buy because  it Needs a skill that is going to be changed as do the rest of the line, I'm not putting myself at the mercy of WGs integrity  I've Been There with the Flint Thank You.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,468 posts
3,994 battles

"Never bother with missions that you can't complete by playing as usual, at your usual pace."

Not quite Confucius, perhaps, but at 48 it's what I've got, so I'll take it.

:cap_old:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NECRO]
Players
3,091 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, Procrastes sagte:

"Never bother with missions that you can't complete by playing as usual, at your usual pace."

Well, I have not checked the missions, but I guess "log in, collect login bonus, log out" (which is my "playing as usual" since the last rrrrrework) won't help me win those precious containers full of gracious gifts. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 3

[ALONE]
Players
111 posts
21,719 battles

Didn't you get any of the free BB's that came with the first round of Italian missions?

I managed to get the T5, T6 and T7 just playing the game as normal.

Players
1,072 posts
41 minutes ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

Well, I have not checked the missions, but I guess "log in, collect login bonus, log out" (which is my "playing as usual" since the last rrrrrework) won't help me win those precious containers full of gracious gifts. :Smile_trollface:

Actually, WG have been so generous as to make the final reward a single container. Profit! :cap_cool:

[NECRO]
Players
3,091 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, NobleSauvage sagte:

Actually, WG have been so generous as to make the final reward a single container. Profit! :cap_cool:

With TWO containers as login rewards, this is not really an incentive to play. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1