Jump to content
Fastmotion

which sideof the DD ship is loaded and which not

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[BATJA]
[BATJA]
Players
5 posts

How to understand

which sideof the DD ship is loaded and which not?

For example, some DDs shoot 2 salvos of torps from one side and the 3rd last salvo from the other/second side. After doing 2 salvos and taking a 20 secs break how an you know which side of the ship to turn to shoot the 3rd salvo?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
31,115 posts
15,723 battles
1 minute ago, Fastmotion said:

How to understand

which sideof the DD ship is loaded and which not?

For example, some DDs shoot 2 salvos of torps from one side and the 3rd last salvo from the other/second side. After doing 2 salvos and taking a 20 secs break how an you know which side of the ship to turn to shoot the 3rd salvo?

You look at the setup of your ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
14,718 battles

While in battle, with torpedos selected, reload indicators are displayed at the bottom of your screen above your weapons and consumables.

image.thumb.png.a106064fe49c02d9d0f4a0c1bfd543ae.png

At any time, torpedo launchers that can fire in the direction you are aiming are highlighted whereas torpedo launchers that cannot will become faded. In this example, torpedo launcher 1 is the one I am currently aiming, whereas torpedo launcher 2 is on the other side of my ship and cannot aim in this direction so it is faded out.

 

image.thumb.png.c01dbbce8d079d9151c52d8ac7b41e7b.png

My ship has one launcher on either side. In this example, one of the launchers is reloading and the other one is ready to fire. But, the direction that I am aiming is highlighting torpedo launcher 2, which is the one that is still reloading, now I know I cannot use this launcher again yet. Torpedo launcher 1 is ready to fire, but it is on the other side of my ship.

 

You can also cross reference this information with the ship indicator in the bottom left which can help you identify where your torpedo launchers are and which ones are associated with which reload indicators.

image.png.94e447951602dc7080fd29d7be36e0dd.png

 

It can be helpful to enable this setting under Settings -> Controls which enables you to monitor the reload times of all weapons simultaneously. By default, you can only see the reload times for the weapons you have selected.

image.png.05bf976e82ddf01640624ffeceaebd06.png

 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,116 posts
10,323 battles
3 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

@Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu Once again, thanks for your accurate reply. Very helpful and clear. Good job, sir. 😊

Would it be possible for wg to program in a feature that causes the ships with both center line and off center torpedo tubes to always first launch the off center ones first? It's often annoying that when playing ships like le fantesque you're in a situation where you want to fire your torpedoes to both sides of your ship, but the middle torpedo tube fires first, which means that if you wanted to only fire one volley at the first target and two volleys later, you're now left with only one tube. Just a nice little qol improvement.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
6,976 posts
15,475 battles
17 hours ago, Fastmotion said:

which sideof the DD ship is loaded and which not?

Besides @Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu's excellent answer, a 'quick and grubby' solution is to toggle the 'zoom out' button (if you're zoomed in for shooting) and look at your torps' fire arc indicators - the ones for loaded launchers appear green, and the ones that are still loading appear orange.

 

(Being able to toggle instantly between fully zoomed in, and zoomed out, is useful for a bunch of other reasons too.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
14,718 battles
2 hours ago, SV_Kompresor said:

Would it be possible for wg to program in a feature that causes the ships with both center line and off center torpedo tubes to always first launch the off center ones first? It's often annoying that when playing ships like le fantesque you're in a situation where you want to fire your torpedoes to both sides of your ship, but the middle torpedo tube fires first, which means that if you wanted to only fire one volley at the first target and two volleys later, you're now left with only one tube. Just a nice little qol improvement.

You can press C to cycle between your launchers and choose which you want to fire, as an option.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,116 posts
10,323 battles
21 minutes ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

You can press C to cycle between your launchers and choose which you want to fire, as an option.

While it does work, it's usually difficult to do in the heat of the battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×