15 comments in this topic

[TAYTO]
Players
876 posts
9,647 battles

Why is this map mode still in the game, and why haven't you learned from WoT?
It's a properly shite map mode, hated by many, but it's still inflicted upon us.
The only way to play it is yolo the epic centre to spot for the team. New map mode incoming = result and fun :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 2

[CATS]
Players
30,974 posts
15,698 battles
1 hour ago, DB2212 said:

The only way to play it is yolo the epic centre to spot for the team. 

And that is why you do not have fun. That is not the way to play the mode.

• Secure the flanks
  • Block the outer rings
  • Skirmish the middle, when it is save
  • Focus DD

Just rushing the middle will get you sunk and the enemy will win by ships, not by caps.

• Cool 1

[TAYTO]
Players
876 posts
9,647 battles
20 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

And that is why you do not have fun. That is not the way to play the mode...
...Just rushing the middle will get you sunk and the enemy will win by ships, not by caps.

You miss my point.
Spotting for the team from the epic centre ensures more fun much sooner.

[CATS]
Players
30,974 posts
15,698 battles
3 hours ago, DB2212 said:

You miss my point.
Spotting for the team from the epic centre ensures more fun much sooner.

Does not sound like it.

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

the way you get rich is by giving me all your money.

this post says so, so it must be true.

just because a map mode says a thing doesn't mean its consistent with the game mechanics.

[TAYTO]
Players
876 posts
9,647 battles
20 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Does not sound like it.

Oh, it absolutely does.

Long, long ago, WoT realised people didn't want to play certain game types and allowed us to not see certain crap shows. WoWs haven't learned this yet.

[-AA-]
Weekend Tester
95 posts
20,311 battles
On 3/23/2021 at 5:02 AM, DB2212 said:

Why is this map mode still in the game, and why haven't you learned from WoT?
It's a properly shite map mode, hated by many, but it's still inflicted upon us.
The only way to play it is yolo the epic centre to spot for the team. New map mode incoming = result and fun :Smile-_tongue:

If people would actually try and fight for the circles, and support DD that try to do so by focusing other DD with HE, then this game mode is very entertaining and fun.

Sadly BB are not played that way by most people since high damage numbers give more xp, not really true since damage done on DD is scaled with their % hp loss in comparison to BB.

Most BB players just don't really know how to play consistent and just load AP and aim for the bigger targets since that way easier, and to be fair the game promotes that play style way more than anything else.

Just look @ the rewards that are handed out in games, no rewards for focus fire, support or taking damage(especially for DD) only damage taken by BB and damage done by it mostly.

WoWs is in a bad spot because of this unbalance and wrongly awarding bad play styles.

I rather would see standard battles removed since those promote camping even more and give DD no real xp gain potential, since CV spot sooner, better and spotting/ torpedo spotting/ shielding is not rewarded in any way in this game.

Epicenter is not the worst game mode, only if you play to snipe/do damage in BB and have no clue how to play/support than it makes sense to want it removed imho.

• Cool 3

[TAYTO]
Players
876 posts
9,647 battles
12 hours ago, Brinckie said:

If people would actually try and fight for the circles, and support DD that try to do so by focusing other DD with HE, then this game mode is very entertaining and fun.

Sadly BB are not played that way by most people since high damage numbers give more xp, not really true since damage done on DD is scaled with their % hp loss in comparison to BB.

Most BB players just don't really know how to play consistent and just load AP and aim for the bigger targets since that way easier, and to be fair the game promotes that play style way more than anything else.

Just look @ the rewards that are handed out in games, no rewards for focus fire, support or taking damage(especially for DD) only damage taken by BB and damage done by it mostly.

WoWs is in a bad spot because of this unbalance and wrongly awarding bad play styles.

I rather would see standard battles removed since those promote camping even more and give DD no real xp gain potential, since CV spot sooner, better and spotting/ torpedo spotting/ shielding is not rewarded in any way in this game.

Epicenter is not the worst game mode, only if you play to snipe/do damage in BB and have no clue how to play/support than it makes sense to want it removed imho.

So, you want random games removed and I want epic centre games removed.
My point was that WoT learned, a long time ago, that not everyone likes all map modes. They listened and learned and gave the players the option of not playing hated map modes.
WoWs haven't listened, nor learned.

[-AA-]
Weekend Tester
95 posts
20,311 battles
On 3/28/2021 at 12:53 AM, DB2212 said:

So, you want random games removed and I want epic centre games removed.
My point was that WoT learned, a long time ago, that not everyone likes all map modes. They listened and learned and gave the players the option of not playing hated map modes.
WoWs haven't listened, nor learned.

I think you misunderstand, i want the standard game mode to be removed, not randoms in general.

The reason being in standard battle there are only two caps, those in each spawn, so boring for any DD and many CA/CL, hence their range being severely limited.

BB don't have that problem, they only need to fire their guns to get xp since damage is xp basically..

DD can't get damage until they get close and spotting does not provide anything besides some fancy numbers on the top right screen(that is if you enabled them to be in the settings)

Am not even talking about medals and fancy rewards only being damage focused mostly, dont even start about liquidator medals being unobtainable for DD nowadays.

• Cool 1

[O-V]
Players
105 posts
8,782 battles

I hate this game mode too ...But lately not as much ..Just sort of get on with it play for the win ,

[CAG]
Players
432 posts
15,547 battles

It needs in-game tutorials, but for some unknown reason to me, unfortunately Wargaming is refusing to teach the player anything. Or where can I see the game mode rules in the game?

Perhaps the problem is that Wargaming cannot easily sell this knowledge and make money from it.

So we will have to continue to live with players who did not understand what to do.

This not only applies to Epicenter, but here we can see it even more clearly.

• Cool 1

[PORT]
Players
7 posts
4,600 battles
On 4/19/2021 at 1:12 PM, OldSchoolFrankie said:

It needs in-game tutorials, but for some unknown reason to me, unfortunately Wargaming is refusing to teach the player anything. Or where can I see the game mode rules in the game?

Perhaps the problem is that Wargaming cannot easily sell this knowledge and make money from it.

So we will have to continue to live with players who did not understand what to do.

It doesn't bring money to Wargaming.

Edit: Just saw your sentence after. 

• Cool 1

[-AA-]
Weekend Tester
95 posts
20,311 battles
On 4/19/2021 at 1:12 PM, OldSchoolFrankie said:

Yes indeed, monetizing stupidity is much easier, people get their hinney's handed to them by seemingly op premium and RB ships so they naturally want to have the same.

Thinking that the ships is OP but actually it is not, it's maybe not properly balanced and slightly op but if you fail to obey the game mechanics and meta's you will still get your ship turned inside out very quickly.

Thats the thing i like most about ships, if you don't count BB and CV(lol) you can actually make a difference against most classes even when sailing a CL/CA.. this game has not been properly balanced for ages and it gets worse with every new line imho just to promote sales.

Ships not being Russian and made up with crayon like their BB and CA are generally less effective, must have something to do with appealing to the wallets coming from the "motherland" right?

Players
510 posts
5,790 battles

I don't particularly like this mode either but my principle reason for dislike is that people insist that the only way to win is that as soon as the game starts, all the teams's DDs should pile into the centre and will furiously click the map, complain and solicit reporting of any DD who, I dunno, maybe does a bit of flanking and spotting instead. Generally, as with every game mode, the team that gets map control wins the game, not the team that caps the centre first.

Personally I prefer standard games as they give much more freedom for the DD player to do their thing without BBs moaning at them and telling them what to do from the J line.

Hufff :cap_like:

[RODS]
Players
1,812 posts
7,821 battles

Somehow I dont have much issues with epicenter