Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
xZExPISCOx

Help with a few questions

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[VTSPT]
Players
52 posts
1,432 battles

Hello,

 

I have a few questions and i would be grateful if anyone could help

 

- i only play BBs and my goal is to reach TX in every nation, so far i have 3 ( USA, Japan and Russia) i have seen a couple of BBs (Musashi, Shikishima, Georgia, Thunderer)  that i would like to play but they are not available to buy? How can i get them?

 

- in the armory some ships are available to buy with steel and coal, i have about 100k coal which i am saving to buy the Russian unique commander and about 2k steel, i don't even know how i got the steel but it was not by playing clan battles, how do i get more steel? I play a clan battle from time to time but i don't remember being rewarded with steel.

 

- unique commanders, i have Sansoneti and Yamamoto, i am about to unlock Helsey and i am saving coal to get the Russian unique commander, do i need to retrain unique commanders each time i change the ship? even if they were already retrained previously for a certain ship? I only have 2 commanders above 16 per nation ( Japan, Russia and USA ) if i have to pay each time i want to play a different ship it will cost a fortune or a lot of time.

 

- I only have a few ships mostly tier 8, 9 and 10 because every time i unlocked a new tier i had to sell the previous tier to have credits to buy the new ones, i am almost out of credits all the time even with premium time, economic flags and permanent skins to all tier 9 and 10 ships i own (6), should i start choosing the daily credits containers or should i stay with resources, i saw somewhere it's better to choose only resources containers. I wish to buy all ships from T5 to T8 but as i said i am broke all the time.

 

- I am right now in T6 UK and T7 Germany, honestly i am not having much fun with those lines, are higher tiers worth it fot these nations? I have not started yet to grind the French BB line.

 

It's all for now, thanks for your time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,284 posts
Vor 1 Minute, xZExPISCOx sagte:

i have seen a couple of BBs (Musashi, Shikishima, Georgia, Thunderer)  that i would like to play but they are not available to buy? How can i get them?

Shikishima is for steel, the other three aren't available anymore

 

Vor 2 Minuten, xZExPISCOx sagte:

how do i get more steel?

ranked battles, clan battles

 

Vor 2 Minuten, xZExPISCOx sagte:

do i need to retrain unique commanders each time i change the ship?

no difference to normal captains

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
31,027 posts
15,713 battles
10 minutes ago, xZExPISCOx said:

- I only have a few ships mostly tier 8, 9 and 10 because every time i unlocked a new tier i had to sell the previous tier to have credits to buy the new ones, i am almost out of credits all the time even with premium time, economic flags and permanent skins to all tier 9 and 10 ships i own (6), should i start choosing the daily credits containers or should i stay with resources, i saw somewhere it's better to choose only resources containers. I wish to buy all ships from T5 to T8 but as i said i am broke all the time.

 

- I am right now in T6 UK and T7 Germany, honestly i am not having much fun with those lines, are higher tiers worth it fot these nations? I have not started yet to grind the French BB line.

  1. Do not sell your old ships, unless you are sure you never want to play them anymore and you have some mid Tier ships left to make credits, otherwise you can get into a situation where you cannot make credits anymore
  2. That is usually a sign you should not advance any further and need more practice to learn how the line works
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
829 posts
8,035 battles
11 minutes ago, xZExPISCOx said:

Hello,

 

I have a few questions and i would be grateful if anyone could help

 

- i only play BBs and my goal is to reach TX in every nation, so far i have 3 ( USA, Japan and Russia) i have seen a couple of BBs (Musashi, Shikishima, Georgia, Thunderer)  that i would like to play but they are not available to buy? How can i get them?

 

- in the armory some ships are available to buy with steel and coal, i have about 100k coal which i am saving to buy the Russian unique commander and about 2k steel, i don't even know how i got the steel but it was not by playing clan battles, how do i get more steel? I play a clan battle from time to time but i don't remember being rewarded with steel.

 

- unique commanders, i have Sansoneti and Yamamoto, i am about to unlock Helsey and i am saving coal to get the Russian unique commander, do i need to retrain unique commanders each time i change the ship? even if they were already retrained previously for a certain ship? I only have 2 commanders above 16 per nation ( Japan, Russia and USA ) if i have to pay each time i want to play a different ship it will cost a fortune or a lot of time.

 

- I only have a few ships mostly tier 8, 9 and 10 because every time i unlocked a new tier i had to sell the previous tier to have credits to buy the new ones, i am almost out of credits all the time even with premium time, economic flags and permanent skins to all tier 9 and 10 ships i own (6), should i start choosing the daily credits containers or should i stay with resources, i saw somewhere it's better to choose only resources containers. I wish to buy all ships from T5 to T8 but as i said i am broke all the time.

 

- I am right now in T6 UK and T7 Germany, honestly i am not having much fun with those lines, are higher tiers worth it fot these nations? I have not started yet to grind the French BB line.

 

It's all for now, thanks for your time.

1. Answered above.

 

2. Same. Ranked actually gives a lot of steel. 

 

3. Yes! It would cost a fortune, which is the point. You can retrain captains for elite captain experience, but that is also a finite resource. Make sure to train 1-2 captains to 21. They will then generate good amounts of elite captain experience. 

 

4. That's the reality of the game. The best way is to not lose money per battle. I am only free-to-play and I have many unlocked ships that I can't yet buy.

 

5. It's a matter of preference. I loved KGV, but hated other RN BBs. Stopped there. Germans... are a special breed. Bismarck is good, FdG is abysmal, Kurf is... ok. Don't play what you don't enjoy.

 

Aside from  all that. Try other classes, try to learn the game a bit more. And @WG... how about some better tutorials!?

 

What this game needs is a newbie clan, like EVE University in EVE...

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
6,645 posts

While it is not a good idea to sell your ships, make sure you keep at least the upper tier ships from 8 to 10, because:

 

1.) Those are the most expensive in terms of credits, so you would stand to lose more.

2.) When there are events like the Snowflakes over Xmas where you can collect loot (crates, steel), the higher the tier, the better the freebies.

 

This applies even if you don't like those ships.

 

If you decide to do the Reset to grind Research points, you will stand out to lose a lot of credits because resetting a line will sell all those ships you had for half price. Consider if you really can afford this, and want to regrind whole lines for research points.

 

Also... (!)

 

Never sell premium ships. Read the forums, ask on the forum and do your research before buying any of them.

The same applies to unlocking Free XP ships (because you lose a lot if you buy the wrong one that you don't like!), and to an extent to other resource ships (coal/steel), because getting those resources needs a lot of grinding.

 

Also... (!)

 

Do not be tempted by the Satan Crates or other similar Casino offers too good resist (on surface).

 

And as @Bindolaf_Werebane said, don't play what you don't enjoy. :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
6,935 posts
15,447 battles
5 minutes ago, xZExPISCOx said:

i only play BBs and my goal is to reach TX in every nation

I would suggest playing the other classes as well - you'll do better if you know what everything else can do, and what they're trying to do to you; also, don't get too hung up on T10 - there is a lot of fun to be had on the way there as well (apart from the odd deliberate clunker that WG put in to encourage you to spend on free xp conversion).

 

7 minutes ago, xZExPISCOx said:

i don't even know how i got the steel but it was not by playing clan battles, how do i get more steel?

Depending on how long you've been playing, your existing steel was most likely from doing daily missions (you get a steady trickle from that), although there might be a bit from snowflakes too. It occasionally turns up in SCs as well, but they're very rare.

 

If you want more (and don't want to play Clans), keep doing the daily missions; there is also some to be had by getting enough wins in Ranked.

 

11 minutes ago, xZExPISCOx said:

i had to sell the previous tier to have credits to buy the new ones, i am almost out of credits all the time even with premium time, economic flags and permanent skins to all tier 9 and 10 ships i own (6), should i start choosing the daily credits containers or should i stay with resources, i saw somewhere it's better to choose only resources containers. I wish to buy all ships from T5 to T8 but as i said i am broke all the time.

I would suggest not selling ships to buy the next one (T5+ anyway) for several reasons: firstly, you lose half the silver value; secondly T6-7 are useful for Ops (which can be useful earners); thirdly, snowflakes - every time there is one of these events, you miss out on coal/steel/whatever if you've sold your eligible ships. You get new port slots from daily missions, so room in your port for ships is less of an issue than it was (plus if you have doubloons, stocking up whenever there is a special offer is a good idea).

 

If you're out of credits all the time, despite running premium time, you may need to refine what you're doing in game. The crucial driver of rewards is damage, and more specifically relative damage; what this means is that you want to be shooting smaller ships - 10K damage to a DD will reward you a lot more than absolutely the same damage done to a fatty. You also want to shoot things that are higher tier than you, when sensible (there's a bonus for damaging higher tiers). You may find this page useful to read: https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Economy

 

As to containers, stick with 'more resources' - the coal is generally the most valuable thing you'll get from a container (lucky SCs aside) with 400 as a minimum. Recall that the T10 coal ships can be very good earners, compared to silver equivalents, as they come with permaflage *and* have half the repair cost. Of course, T9 premiums for coal are even better earners still, all things being equal.

 

22 minutes ago, xZExPISCOx said:

do i need to retrain unique commanders each time i change the ship?

It's the same as for any other captain: you need to retrain them when you switch them between silver ships, but you can plonk them in any premium of the same nation without retraining. Something that's worth noting: although captains don't work at 100% if not fully retrained in a silver ship, they still work fine in premiums, so a common approach (to save resources) is to partially train your captain for his new silver ship, and then finish his training off by playing him in premiums.

Further on the subject of captains: when you have enough silver T10 ships (I think it's five) you get access to the RB; *if* you want to, you can then regrind lines for RP (which can be exchanged for various things, including premium ships); if you do this, it helps to have a 'good enough' captain for each ship that you'll actively play in your 'regrind line' (it's generally sensible to do the same line repeatedly rather than lots of different lines, for this reason), so you avoid having to repeatedly retrain a single captain each time you go up the same line again, and again.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VTSPT]
Players
52 posts
1,432 battles

I only have tier 8, 9 and 10, T8 i have Kansas, Tirpitz, Kii and Roma, T9 i have Iowa, Izumo and Soyuz, T10 Yamato, Kremlin and Montana. I had T7 Gneisenau and T6 UK that it was so bad that i don't even recall the name.

 

I already sold 3 premium ships, Vanguard, Strasbourg and Champagne and even by selling those ships i do not own many. I would like to have again all japanese, american and russian ships from T5 to T8. Honestly the only premium ships i still play and are worth it are Tirpitz and Roma, i don't think i will buy a premium ship soon.

 

After about one year of playing i have one 20 point captain, one 19, one 18, and 3 16, soon Halsey and the russian sorry can't remmember his name. Now i have Yamamoto in Izumo, if i change him to Yamato i will have to pay for retrain but if i put it back to Izumo i still have to pay again for retrain even if was already fully trained once in Izumo? This is not logic but whatever.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VTSPT]
Players
52 posts
1,432 battles

Thank you guys,

 

I clearly messed up by selling all previous ships to reach T10, i do not have much credits because i had to rebuy Izumo, Soyuz, Iowa and Amagi, i am now grinding to get NC, and Vladivostok and then T7, T6 and T5.

 

The problem next is how to get decent commanders in each ship, i guess grinding is the real option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,099 posts
10,311 battles
19 minutes ago, xZExPISCOx said:

I already sold 3 premium ships, Vanguard, Strasbourg and Champagne

Jesus christ....don't do that man.

 

13 minutes ago, xZExPISCOx said:

The problem next is how to get decent commanders in each ship, i guess grinding is the real option.

The fastest way to get hundreds of thousands of xp/fpx/cxp in only a few hours is to wait for 2 or 3 man clan brawls with some above average friends. 

 

19 minutes ago, xZExPISCOx said:

Now i have Yamamoto in Izumo, if i change him to Yamato i will have to pay for retrain but if i put it back to Izumo i still have to pay again for retrain even if was already fully trained once in Izumo? This is not logic but whatever.

Yeah well, that's how it is. It would be open to too many exploits if it was free.

 

Silver ship to silver ship = pay.

Silver ship to premium ship = free.

Premium ship back to the original silver ship = free.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
376 posts
12,391 battles
17 minutes ago, xZExPISCOx said:

I only have tier 8, 9 and 10, T8 i have Kansas, Tirpitz, Kii and Roma, T9 i have Iowa, Izumo and Soyuz, T10 Yamato, Kremlin and Montana. I had T7 Gneisenau and T6 UK that it was so bad that i don't even recall the name.

 

I already sold 3 premium ships, Vanguard, Strasbourg and Champagne and even by selling those ships i do not own many. I would like to have again all japanese, american and russian ships from T5 to T8. Honestly the only premium ships i still play and are worth it are Tirpitz and Roma, i don't think i will buy a premium ship soon.

 

After about one year of playing i have one 20 point captain, one 19, one 18, and 3 16, soon Halsey and the russian sorry can't remmember his name. Now i have Yamamoto in Izumo, if i change him to Yamato i will have to pay for retrain but if i put it back to Izumo i still have to pay again for retrain even if was already fully trained once in Izumo? This is not logic but whatever.

 

 

you just waisted maybe a little under £100 by selling your prems, i suggest doing a ticket in customer support and asking for them back....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,099 posts
10,311 battles
1 minute ago, VeryHonarbrah said:

you just waisted maybe a little under £100 by selling your prems, i suggest doing a ticket in customer support and asking for them back....

He'd need to repay the credits to do that. Credits he clearly doesn't have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[H_FAN]
Players
2,812 posts
47,431 battles
21 minutes ago, xZExPISCOx said:

 

 

I already sold 3 premium ships, Vanguard, Strasbourg and Champagne and even by selling those ships i do not own many. I would like to have again all japanese, american and russian ships from T5 to T8. Honestly the only premium ships i still play and are worth it are Tirpitz and Roma, i don't think i will buy a premium ship soon

 

 

First when you got the credits ask for a reinstatement for these premiums as they are economically beneficial. Also in your process remember that playing on midtiers is smart fpr economy reasons the resupply/service costs are considerably less. If you play on higher tiers premium time is almost necessary. Think that Premiumtime given equal service costs of 100000 will make your profit go up tremendously. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
6,935 posts
15,447 battles
20 minutes ago, xZExPISCOx said:

I already sold 3 premium ships, Vanguard, Strasbourg and Champagne

Doh! Never sell a premium, ever, no matter how bad it is or how badly you gel with it.

 

Luckily, you're not entirely Doomed; you can restore sold premiums (albeit with a 10% 'tax' I see), so I would do so as a matter of priority - Strasbourg in particular if you're short of silver; besides being the cheapest, she'll make you a lot of silver in Narai. The site you want to head to is this one: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/27196/

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
6,935 posts
15,447 battles
17 minutes ago, xZExPISCOx said:

The problem next is how to get decent commanders in each ship, i guess grinding is the real option.

If you have doubloons, the easiest way is to recruit a 10 pointer for each silver ship; that's probably 'good enough' for T5-maybe 8, although the higher you go, the more pressing the need for a higher point captain.

 

Your ultimate goal (although it's a bit long term thanks to the recent changes - Richard move, WG!) is to get at least one 21 point captain; this isn't because they're massively more powerful than - say - an old 19 pointer, but because they generate elite xp, which speeds up the advancement of your other captains. Ideally, this captain should be assigned to a silver ship that you need a decent captain in (used for competitive modes, perhaps?), and be for a nation where you have one or more premium ships available - the idea is to be able to hoover up as many daily 'first win' bonuses as you can.

 

As an example of this latter approach: I have a 21 pointer assigned to Gearing (I think), but I can also use him in any US premium as well; that's potentially more than thirty first win bonuses, if I stay at T5+ (and don't mind an occasional 'good enough' build here and there)...! Whilst the cost of getting a 21 point captain was WG at their most "If WG were an ice-cream flavour, they'd be Pralines & Richard", the recent change such that each captain now gets a class-specific build *partially* redeems them, as it means you can make maximum use of more premium ships with fewer (even one) captains.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×