Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Chadmageddon

Looking for an FDR build

6 comments in this topic

[NOSUB]
Players
194 posts
18,497 battles

Hi everyone, I encountered some FDR's that can do weird stuff with aiming times and angles they drop , I'm wondering if there is some sort of a meta build I'm missing, I built my FDR for max plane tankiness and squadron speed where i could afford

[SHAD]
Players
3,805 posts
15,184 battles

The module to give extra torpedo aiming time is a must.

Other than that the planes and agile by design but it seems as @HMS_Kilinowski mentioned in the steel ship thread, that it takes work to figure out how to best use that agility.

[THESO]
Players
1,599 posts
18,675 battles

Oh look, I'm an expert on FDR now. Lol.

My build looks like this:

Unbenannt.png.7f587fd9390018f7a78961b0151b8545.png

Unbenannt.png.bace7b2140f0331f9fdde3072ed794cd.png

No guarantee this will be the best build for you or every situation.

The longer attack time for torpedo bombers will help starting surprise attack runs from cover. A rather easy trick to pull is faking an attack on one ship and then turning in the final 5-10s towards a near-by other target. That however depends on the situation and good timing. If you mess it up, you got a long cooldown before being able to attack again. The post @gopher31 referred to is this one. Don't expect love and kisses if you pull this off.

[NOSUB]
Players
194 posts
18,497 battles
12 minutes ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

The longer attack time for torpedo bombers will help starting surprise attack runs from cover. A rather easy trick to pull is faking an attack on one ship and then turning in the final 5-10s towards a near-by other target. That however depends on the situation and good timing. If you mess it up, you got a long cooldown before being able to attack again. The post @gopher31 referred to is this one. Don't expect love and kisses if you pull this off.

Thanks, i actually ended up with the exact same build lol, cheers for the post / 180 strategy*

[SHAD]
Players
3,805 posts
15,184 battles
1 hour ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

With CVs if you play badly, your whole team reports you, if you play well, the enemy team team reports you.

[THESO]
Players
1,599 posts
18,675 battles
3 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

With CVs if you play badly, your whole team reports you, if you play well, the enemy team team reports you.

Oh yeah, you got this "dead zone". If you start learning the class or are just a bad player, your own team will report you. On top of that all players who dislike the idea of CVs in the game but are too lazy to communicate that to Wargaming, i.e. the one to actually blame, will report you.

Then as you get better you still get reported for not babysitting each player in your team individually and not catering to their vain needs, cause they e.g. think you should fly 1 min over to them and drop fighters, instead of putting them on top of DDs, so your team can shoot them. This is the Dead Zone, cause your team still reports you, while the enemy team already starts reporting you.

You then have to improve to super-unicum solo winrate in CV to finally reach the point where the compliments of your team outtrade the reports you get from the enemy team and CV-haters.

The FDR is special. Expect at least one report every game you play it. A CV that does three small attacks in a min is less shocking than one that does one big attack and then nothing. Also people like the idea the enemy is OP. It is more flattering to their ego than the alternative that they were too limited to foresee what an aware player can see a minute in advance.

Sign in to follow this