Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Make Money Recruiting - Event Prolonged!

66 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
1,165 posts
9,172 battles
Spoiler

Please note, this promotion is only available to players in the following European countries:

• Austria
  • Belgium
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Iceland
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Luxembourg
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Portugal
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • United Kingdom

Finally we confirmed that Balkan countries and the rest of the eastern block are not actually European. Thanks WeeGee.

• Cool 12

Players
14 posts
8,898 battles

Quick question: People who have recently been invited to your station but haven't reached tier 6 yet. Will they be counted or only new and returning players?

[_TWT_]
[_TWT_]
Players
92 posts
3,837 battles

let the best bot herders win!

(also only part of european botters allowed)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-RNR-]
Players
1,263 posts

I spotted WoW's on the Elite Gaming store, are they not signing up in droves?

• Funny 4

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,150 posts
29,680 battles
1 hour ago, lucdemodmasternl said:

Quick question: People who have recently been invited to your station but haven't reached tier 6 yet. Will they be counted or only new and returning players?

Must have accepted the Recruiting Station invitation between March 18, 00:00 UTC, and April 26, 23:59 UTC.
Must reach their Recruit milestone before April 26, 23:59 UTC.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,156 posts
22,974 battles

On your marks! Get set! Bot!

After all, what WG is going to do when the Chinese bot farm uses VPN?

3 hours ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

Finally we confirmed that Balkan countries and the rest of the eastern block are not actually European.

Not enough cash comrade!

• Cool 3

Players
6 posts
11,076 battles

Important

Please note, this promotion is only available to players in the following European countries:

I think this "Important" note should be at the top. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,814 posts
4,524 battles
Před 13 hodinami Aragathor řekl/a:

On your marks! Get set! Bot!

After all, what WG is going to do when the Chinese bot farm uses VPN?

Not enough cash comrade!

You can be sure, that we are closely monitoring the situation and as it happened last time, during similar event, all those recruited accounts will be check to validate those results.

So of course we will have some of those, that will try to bot, but we will catch them :fish_viking:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 5
  • Angry 1

[BOATY]
Alpha Tester
3,155 posts
12,360 battles

Long whine incoming, beware!

It's good incentive to offer cash as a reward for recruiting, but given how scroogy WG usually are it's a little worrying they've resorted to throwing cash for recruiting. An experiment or desperate due to falling player numbers?

Haven't played the game myself in ages and pop on now and then to see if anything exciting has come up, but it's always more of the same old recipe with early release, random bundles, and overly imaginative futuristic bs. Not to mention incredibly poor appreciation by WG of their long standing supporters / veterans who have and would stay with the game were there a more consistent programme for rewarding loyalty....not just a once-a-year anniversary.....consistent, i.e. games played, perks for years being an active player, months of continued premium membership.....all of these 'loyalities' by players translate into money for WG, so why are they not reciprocating? It really is that simple...and they really should employ someone who realises this as a viable strategy in marketing.

I joined the game because I like the idea of naval battles, as historic as possible in a sense (not absolutely accurate of course). All we're getting now is predominantly anime, sci-fi, and other crap that has ruined it for me somewhat, along with unwarranted and hugely ignorant changes to commanders skills, cv's, and more.

Damn it, form a permanent / active player panel and use it as a feedback tool to develop the game rather than have everything depend on the ideas of a few people in a studio somewhere telling us what we like, rather than asking us. It's about attitude, and the only attitude at WG I've seen is arrogance. They really need to step outside of the box on this one, but I sense their inability change their dictatorial management structure has blinkered them to the real options out there.

• Cool 16
  • Boring 1

Players
204 posts
246 battles

I'd rather be poor than encourage people into WG's grasp lol.

For the sake my conscience i won't be encouraging people to become players in "any" WG title. It is like telling your pet chicken raised from an egg that going to a battery farm would be a good thing.

I'm guessing that the lack of sales in the new Italian battleship line and the recent lunar crates "due to people now being wise to the rigged crate strategy", WG feel they need to try a new "bribe/reward" system to boost sales.

GL to those who wish to participate but i'm seriously doubting WG will catch all the botters and a botter will win rendering your genuine efforts irrelevant. WG have not been able to stop botters (or even seriously attempted to stop them) in around 12 years of WoT and around 6 years of WoW's, so saying they "will catch them" is an empty promise at best. lets face it even a bot account is a number in the + column of Ye holy spreadsheet.

To those who try gl/hf.

The more established long term players they alienate the more effort and money they need to put into attracting new players and its just a guess but running my own business i know i need to attract around 10 new customers to get 1 who becomes a frequent repeat customer. WG's strategy is a short term cash grab now strategy. The more established players they push away the more they will rely on new players who often don't become established players. This means they need to attract more and more new players which i see becoming much harder due to WG's frankly terrible reputation and PR gaffs.

WG currently maintain an appearance of a stable game by speeding up those games, but from what iv seen over the last few years its more and faster games played by fewer regular players. Game sessions are shorter from those iv spoken too and frustration sets in much faster. So again your relying on those players playing 8 or more hours a day for your numbers, and that is driving the faster ships, faster rates of fire, faster torps and better and better DPM ships. 

WG will claim numbers are stable profits are a little up (due to covid) which they are,  but the signs they are running out of ideas are there with recent strategies like monetising tech tree ships as one example. I'm sure WoW's is around for another few years, there is wiggle room yet but but they won't maintain or grow by alienating established players over new short stay blood. Peace out.

• Cool 7

[-RNR-]
Players
1,263 posts

Personally I could not in all honesty recommend a Wargaming Title, not because of Came Issues, But with the Public Relations Departments attitude to it's customers, Seeing Valid Questions ignored or getting Terse replies for no reason, Sarcastic Comments or So much spin it makes you dizzy, So I'll just play the game, Friendship is Worth more than Money to me.

• Cool 8

[THESO]
Players
1,598 posts
18,675 battles

Does Wargaming want to swarm the game again with the Königsberg-bots we saw when you did your paypal premium for recruitment?

• Cool 2

[WG]
WG Staff
6,814 posts
4,524 battles
Před 8 hodinami HMS_Kilinowski řekl/a:

Does Wargaming want to swarm the game again with the Königsberg-bots we saw when you did your paypal premium for recruitment?

No we don't want another Königsberg bots. As I mentioned, I am pretty sure, that some players will try to produce plenty bot accounts, but last time we caught and banned them. Same check will be done also now.

Those activities are of course meant to recruit more players to the game. Every single game needs to have new players, in any stage of its development, so why not trying in this way, too?

• Funny 1

Players
204 posts
246 battles
1 hour ago, YabbaCoe said:

No we don't want another Königsberg bots. As I mentioned, I am pretty sure, that some players will try to produce plenty bot accounts, but last time we caught and banned them. Same check will be done also now.

Those activities are of course meant to recruit more players to the game. Every single game needs to have new players, in any stage of its development, so why not trying in this way, too?

Maybe if you stopped alienating the existing player base, the most loyal and long serving players then maybe you wouldn't be so desperate to fill in the gaps with so many new short stay players. Because its quite clear a lot of the newer players are not staying long and certainly not spending as often or consistently, so you have to keep refreshing these newer short stay players who come try the game for a month or two and leave. Meanwhile your longer serving and core lovers of the game are slowly bleeding away. And the rewards in events now are literally as low as they can go....a single flag in an Italian battleship crate? Free is free and appreciated but come on...single flags now. Not really making me want to grind out the events.

Your core players are your base income providers and the recruitment of new players is your player base and profit base growth. You have to manage both effectively and your bleeding away these older more loyal players at the moment. The game has on your spreadsheet remained stable for a couple of years now, outside of the "covid crisis" which is artificial growth and wont be maintained as things start to open up again. The turnover of these new short term players you are relying on these days has a peak and it won't matter how much money or effort you put into recruitment there will come a point where the core players are simply gone and you cant replace them fast enough.

I know why there is a drought with rewards these days it's because you have been pretty generous in the past with rewards and now your trying to milk away the resources people have amassed in the hope of making them start spending on the dozens of micro transactions you now pump out or purchase gold and premium. Problem with that sales strategy is you now come across as wanting nothing more than to milk every last penny from people. As demonstrated by the rigged Xmas crates.

I believe a suitable strap line for the company these days is in the words of that well known philosopher Captain Barbosa "Take what you want give nothing back".

• Cool 6

[R7S]
[R7S]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
265 posts
13,803 battles

Why dont you allow more countries ?!  Seems mostly east Europe countries discriminated...

Players
204 posts
246 battles
12 minutes ago, Benden said:

Why dont you allow more countries ?!  Seems mostly east Europe countries discriminated...

Mostly its to do with a countries rules and regulations on games like wow's, gambling laws "crates" and micro transactions. Also the estimated players and profits they will want from a country. If the numbers don't add up or they are restricted from hard selling content the way they want too then they won't bother investing in certain countries. Same with many companies, in the end it's the bottom line that dictates where they sell and market their product. it's not discrimination just business.

[WG]
WG Staff
6,814 posts
4,524 battles
Před 17 minutami Benden řekl/a:

We have different events with different partners, which are aimed for different countries. For example not long ago we had an event with AMD just for Poland, Czech republic and Slovakia. Also sometimes those limits are based on partners restrictions. But we will do our best to make sure other countries will have chance to participate in different event in future.

Players
1,093 posts
On 3/23/2021 at 9:23 AM, Shaka_D said:

It's good incentive to offer cash as a reward for recruiting, but given how scroogy WG usually are it's a little worrying they've resorted to throwing cash for recruiting. An experiment or desperate due to falling player numbers?

We had a recruiting drive for doubloons last year (was it October?) which WG are usually rather loath to give out, apparently that didn't have the desired effect so now the Amazon gift cards are getting a run-out.

WoWs recently launched on the Epic Store, so presumably existing distribution channels weren't doing the job; now we have this, so perhaps Epic wasn't doing the business either.

The NA server recently had a recruitment drive for no-fooling straight-up cash to PayPal account ($20 per qualifying recruit if I recall correctly), which seems like a drastic step to take if the game's player population is in good health.

...Overall, desperation is my guess.

• Cool 2

[CHEFT]
Players
431 posts
5,147 battles

I managed to persuade three friends to join last year but only one used my invite link and they pretty much all have just stayed low tier as they don't like aircraft carriers.

• Cool 1

Players
2,759 posts
15,330 battles
13 hours ago, Benden said:

I bet it's lower income coming from those parts of Europe and also maybe lower popularity of Amazon in some Eastern European countries. In Poland we do not buy on Amazon, we work in the warehouse at best :cap_haloween:

[-NSC-]
Players
289 posts
11,619 battles
23 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

I managed to persuade three friends to join last year but only one used my invite link and they pretty much all have just stayed low tier as they don't like aircraft carriers.

That's the daftest excuse I've ever heard. IF they stayed low level it is BECAUSE they loved aircraft carriers. After T6 CV's are usually not an issue on average.. And at higher tiers, nahh no problem. The thing is, like flamu, players expect to be able to make CV's irrelevant in a fight by shooting down all the planes of a CV, never thinking that they cannot always dodge all the torpedoes or bullets attempting to end their existence.  To be honest, people need to learn that there are captain builds that help with your CV problem, but that makes you sacrifice something else.. Easy peasy, up to you. But don't come with BS about player leaving due to the least played class in the game. That's utter bollocks.

-Fes

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,814 posts
4,524 battles
Před 17 hodinami Fesvil řekl/a:

That's the daftest excuse I've ever heard. IF they stayed low level it is BECAUSE they loved aircraft carriers. After T6 CV's are usually not an issue on average.. And at higher tiers, nahh no problem. The thing is, like flamu, players expect to be able to make CV's irrelevant in a fight by shooting down all the planes of a CV, never thinking that they cannot always dodge all the torpedoes or bullets attempting to end their existence.  To be honest, people need to learn that there are captain builds that help with your CV problem, but that makes you sacrifice something else.. Easy peasy, up to you. But don't come with BS about player leaving due to the least played class in the game. That's utter bollocks.

-Fes

You are absolutely correct, that players have plenty options how to improve their ship, also with AA, by sacrificing other improvements. It has always been like that.

Probably what Drasnighta meant was the situation on tier IV, where the options to improve ship of commander in regards to AA are limited, some ships have no AA at all. So I can understand, that first encounter for a newcommer can be difficult.

But on the other hand, it is the same with any other class for a newcommer.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Sign in to follow this