Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Cyclops_

Pilots Parachuting

35 comments in this topic

[OGHF]
Players
1,412 posts
24,513 battles

@MrConway @Crysantos  I have noticed pilots parachuting from downed aircraft since the last patch, i don't know about others but i would like them removed as what is next sailors jumping overboard as a ship sinks??, come on WG keep it to wood and metal objects that we shoot at please.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

Modder
5,384 posts
24,424 battles

From my perspective i am very happy that pilot has escaped shot down plane. When my ship is going down I always use on board plane (is ship has one) to survive too :-)

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,897 battles
35 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

come on WG keep it to wood and metal objects that we shoot at please.

You can shoot the people parachuting? 

Modder
5,384 posts
24,424 battles
Just now, JohnMac79 said:

You can shoot the people parachuting? 

You can always try to enhance your AA sector ;-)

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,879 posts
21,602 battles

Anyone have a screenshot of that? Never seen it tbh.

Players
290 posts
4,263 battles
2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Parachute boi starts at 4:10. 

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
1,369 posts
14,450 battles

Yep, I saw them too.

Maybe they can have Carley rafts for the survivors of ships?

[LEWD]
Players
393 posts
24,435 battles

Nice little touch if you ask me seen it the other day. 

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
524 posts
6,860 battles
1 hour ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

How you gonna regenerate d(r)owned pilots, CV?

You see, when mom and dad really love each other... :fish_aqua:

• Funny 5

Beta Tester
2,130 posts
19,246 battles
Vor 7 Stunden, Cyclops_ sagte:

@MrConway @Crysantos  I have noticed pilots parachuting from downed aircraft since the last patch, i don't know about others but i would like them removed as what is next sailors jumping overboard as a ship sinks??, come on WG keep it to wood and metal objects that we shoot at please.

I second this motion. Keep any form of human resemblance out of the game. The invisible commander is okay as he is not seen during the battle.

• Cool 5

[NECRO]
Players
3,060 posts
Gerade eben, Nov_A sagte:

You see, when mom and dad really love each other... :fish_aqua:

Not even Al Bundy is that quick.

CV probably have a troop ship attached, full of panic-stricken reserve pilots waiting to be wasted on the next flight.

• Funny 1

Players
2,292 posts
20,558 battles

I remember on last Thursdays twitch stream Conway and Crysantos being asked if it would affect the games age rating. 

I have only seen the parachutes appear once so far it’s hardly that distracting. Still I guess WG could add “cuckoos” for downed pilots to shelter in if people are that bothered.

640B4EDB-29D3-41B5-8C38-98022D3CB7A1.jpeg

• Cool 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,671 battles
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

I have seen it too after i shot down some planes, saw only one parachute coming down. Want to see more surviving :cap_haloween:

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,717 posts
11,779 battles
2 hours ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

How you gonna regenerate d(r)owned pilots, CV?

3fh718.png

• Funny 3

[WG]
WG Staff
6,640 posts
4,521 battles
Před 9 hodinami Cyclops_ řekl/a:

It is a small experiment in which we decided to move away from our standard approach (especially the pilot survived the collision with the enemy and he's relatively safe) and add an interesting little "easter egg" to the new visual effects of the game.

I haven't seen that myself yet, but is very small, so basically impossible to see the pilot itself. You can't shoot it down and there is no blood, so nobody was harmed here.

• Cool 5

[DREAD]
Players
10,840 posts
7,470 battles
23 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

It is a small experiment in which we decided to move away from our standard approach (especially the pilot survived the collision with the enemy and he's relatively safe) and add an interesting little "easter egg" to the new visual effects of the game.

I haven't seen that myself yet, but is very small, so basically impossible to see the pilot itself. You can't shoot it down and there is no blood, so nobody was harmed here.

I think it makes the scenery more lively - I like it 

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
1,474 posts
12,445 battles

I will accept the Easter egg and the "it is fun" part of this story.

I also think that as far as games are concerned, a pilot falling with a parachute is so very mild....LOL, so I don't understand why someone should be stressed about it.

But, since this is fun, the following are also said as jokes:

1. If one parachute falls what happened to the remaining pilots?

2. Are the waters shark infested?

3. What is the temperature of the water? If it is cold they are going to freeze and die from hypothermia.

4. Who saves the pilots after they fall in the water? Shouldn't I (like a decent captain and human being) rescue them and take them as prisoners of war? (Extra base XP LOL LOL)

5. If they fall on land, are there cannibals on those islands? 

6. Since we can see pilots ejecting, why can't we see sailors jumping overboard? Did they all go down with their ship? Very brave but I feel like a mass murderer every time I dev strike a BB. We should be seeing them being rescued or at least their rafts etc. The fact we don't see them insinuates that they all drowned locked below deck.

7. What about the water pollution every time a ship sinks? Shouldn't there be a cleaning process from all the oil, petrol etc. (sensitivity is not only about "peoplekind" - in contrast to mankind - being PC here as this is a joke - it is also about all living creatures - pollution kills fish)

OK 7 stupid jokes are enough, like the 7 days of creation, the 7 miracles of the ancient world and the 7 knights of the apocalypse. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[OGHF]
Players
1,412 posts
24,513 battles
28 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Sorry, but I disagree with it, as we know once something is started it will only grow bigger. We are going down that slippery slope, but then again only need to mention Subs and CV rework:Smile_medal: 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,640 posts
4,521 battles
Před 30 minutami MementoMori_6030 řekl/a:

Gib sharks, please.

Only for Indianapolis :cap_haloween:

Před 5 minutami Saltface řekl/a:

I will accept the Easter egg and the "it is fun" part of this story.

I also think that as far as games are concerned, a pilot falling with a parachute is so very mild....LOL, so I don't understand why someone should be stressed about it.

But, since this is fun, the following are also said as jokes:

1. If one parachute falls what happened to the remaining pilots?

2. Are the waters shark infested?

3. What is the temperature of the water? If it is cold they are going to freeze and die from hypothermia.

4. Who saves the pilots after they fall in the water? Shouldn't I (like a decent captain and human being) rescue them and take them as prisoners of war? (Extra base XP LOL LOL)

5. If they fall on land, are there cannibals on those islands? 

6. Since we can see pilots ejecting, why can't we see sailors jumping overboard? Did they all go down with their ship? Very brave but I feel like a mass murderer every time I dev strike a BB. We should be seeing them being rescued or at least their rafts etc. The fact we don't see them insinuates that they all drowned locked below deck.

7. What about the water pollution every time a ship sinks? Shouldn't there be a cleaning process from all the oil, petrol etc. (sensitivity is not only about "peoplekind" - in contrast to mankind - being PC here as this is a joke - it is also about all living creatures - pollution kills fish)

OK 7 stupid jokes are enough, like the 7 days of creation, the 7 miracles of the ancient world and the 7 knights of the apocalypse. 

1. Remaining pilots are well trained to survive the situation, when plane hits the water and they will escape. Some say, some of those can teleport themselves to the nearby tavern on one of the islands.

2. No, our sharks are historical based, so they are trained only to hunt crew of Indianapolis.

3. Depends on the map. On the map Tears of Cruisers Desert they usually swim to the beach and enjoy the "sick leave". In winter maps they are with Frost resistance liquid instead of water. Apart from certain Jack Dawson, who decide to swim next to door wreckage, without climbing up.

4. We have trained coast guard tugboats, who are collecting those pilots from water, beaches, taverns etc. after the battle is over.

5. No cannibals spotted on islands. Last info was reported from the crew of destroyer Jurua.

6. You can be sure, that no animal or human being was hurt. Those men on board of the ship are very brave and are fighting until the very last minute. It is not known what happens with them when the ship sinks. Some say, they have special ability to recover the wreckage of the ship and repair it in the dock, so it is prepard immediately for next battle. There must be some magic.

7. Our ships are 100% recyclable and they don't consume any fuel! Also sea is not poluted with destroyed parts, as mentioned earlier. Also torpedoes, when they miss the target or miss islands too, they sometimes decide to sail away, not to polute the water of the battlezone.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[NWP]
Players
1,474 posts
12,445 battles
1 hour ago, YabbaCoe said:

We have trained coast guard tugboats, who are collecting those pilots from water, beaches, taverns etc. after the battle is over.

Stop this inhumane activity.

If someone is on the beach or a nice tavern on an island enjoying his Martini etc. DO NOT PICK him up. Especially, don't return him to his wife. 

• Funny 1

Players
615 posts
4,941 battles

I'm not bothered about seeing parachuting pilots. Given the garbage AA on most ships, they rarely need to bail out anyway.

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[PGT2P]
Players
133 posts
8,568 battles

There was a navy that habitually targeted parachuting and downed pilots, can we play that nation and get extra xp for killing the parachutists?

While I'm not always in favour of taking everything to its logical extreme I'd like to point it out...

Sign in to follow this