You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_Kilinowski

Since when can you get stuck in an island nose-in?

13 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
1,573 posts
18,593 battles

I just beached nose into the island in A-cap of Sleeping Giants. I never experienced this. The screenshot - I am not kidding you - is how I got stuck there for minutes just before I got killed. This happened in Clan Battles of all things and ofc lost us the game.

Unbenannt.thumb.png.fc1f936d5f1ff94974fd59878013a104.png

If a ship can't move anymore in that position that cannot be explained anymore by being wedged into an island. It is not driven by the player moving the ship in an unusual or unplanned manner.

I have been stuck on islands, when I understeered into the island and rammed myself into some bay sideways. This has always been a known glitch, that we hoped would get fixed for years.

The situation that you get stuck frontally into the island, for me introduces an unacceptable element of uncertainty. Basically if that can happen here, it can happen potentially on every island. This should not exist in the game.

This map wasn't designed yesterday. We need some sort of reset button, that gets your ship unstuck.

I am sorry, if I sound unusually annoyed but a CB still means something to some people and losing it to a bug like this frankly is $#%&ing ridiculous.

Anyway,

players, please be aware that this can happen.

and Wargaming, please make fixing these glitches a priority over improving the shiny graphics and new ships that don't affect the game in its core.

• Cool 3

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles

Has happened to me aswell... i blame map rework to accomodate subs?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Players
1,573 posts
18,593 battles

But the submarine testing maps were separate maps, no?

I mean, wouldn't that be a brilliant thing to happen in the now WG-hosted KotS-tournament? A DD getting stuck in the finals, streamed to the entire community.

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,767 posts
10,915 battles

shot-21.03.06_20.09.16-0523.jpg

I once got stuck like this. The solution was to sail forward as much as it could go and then reverse out :cap_book:

[CHEFT]
Players
12,663 posts
9,841 battles
Just now, HMS_Kilinowski said:

Were they? I dunno, maybe... i havent payed attention to that. But ever since this sub testing started, ive gotten stuck so badly that i couldnt get off anymore. Sometimes only autopilot helped

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles

I've had this multiple times recently, reversing should work but doesn't, you want to do forward, back, forward back etc until you get unstuck. Sometimes you're just stuck there until you die though.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,769 posts
8 hours ago, HMS_Kilinowski said:

I bet you whatever you want the maps are already being prepped behind the scenes one by one as they are "graphically reworked" or whatnot for the subs launch which will likely be either anniversary or Christmas...

Beta Tester
2,130 posts
19,262 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, Yedwy sagte:

I bet you whatever you want the maps are already being prepped behind the scenes one by one as they are "graphically reworked" or whatnot for the subs launch which will likely be either anniversary or Christmas...

You can watch any underwater progress yourself by detaching the camera and dive.

[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,902 battles

The autopilot seems capable of navigating out of these positions quite well, though be prepared to spend at least 30 seconds before you get off that place.
Very annoying when you do get stuck like this, happened to me in CBs as well.
Eventually got torped by a German cruiser (lol) because I wasn't going anywhere.

[0KILL]
Players
123 posts

The same happened to me several times...if you get lucky, with the engines off and moving the rudder right and left you can free the ship...but mostly you have to stay there the entire battle!