Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Which Armory Ship to get from the Ones Leaving?

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
2,243 posts
9,121 battles

I was wondering whether to buy any of the leaving ships, and which one.

 

I was considering Lenin, Haida, Asashio and T61.

 

I had Lenin on rent for one game but wasn’t see it better as Vlad. Also I dislike the paper ship looks.

I also had one game in Haida, but I’m. ot sure if I’d play a T7 DD that much.

I’d like to test the Asashio, but I’d probably rather play Shima whenever I fancy torp DD play.

I always wanted to test drive the T61, as it has insanely OP stats, but I don’t see myself seal clubbing at T6.

 

Are any of these ships are must haves in terms of gameplay in the current meta?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
111 posts
1 minute ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Are any of these ships are must haves in terms of gameplay in the current meta?

As it stands now with all the BB's at high tier? Asashio. Do note what if you're caught by a CV/gunboatDD/Cruiser with your pants down, you die. So map awareness is crucial
Based on the ships I played that you mentioned est bang for your buck would probably be T-61. She falls off when put in a higher tier match but she can hold her own against other DD's, more then what can be said for the Asashio

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
3,770 posts
15,149 battles

Lenin is a great battleship with some of the most accurate guns at tier. 

Combine that with fast turret traverse and you have a great gun platform. I think it's one of the best battleships at tier 8

 

Asashio is very good at one thing. There is a black variant so there will most likely be an option to buy it on black friday.

 

Haida is one of the best tier 7 destroyers with it's hydro and creeping smoke. Probably the best cap contester at tier 7 but tier 7 is a tricky tier.

 

T-61 is probably OP. Those torps are the same as Maas' torps at tier 7 but with 68s reload instead of 90s. The smoke hydro combination at tier 6 is very strong indeed!

 

Grab Lenin straight away. 

Like you I spend little time at tier 6 but T-61 is fairly cheap and strong enough to make it a recommended purchase.

 

I would leave Asashio  and Haida. Asashio for lack of versatility and Haida due to my only using it when ranked comes to tier 7.

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SM0KE]
Players
6,927 posts
15,447 battles
1 hour ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I was considering Lenin, Haida, Asashio and T61.

IMO, they're all good in one way or another, although my Lenin doesn't get much use because of, y'know, BB Cooties.

 

T-61, tier-for-tier, is a strong candidate for the best DD in the game; I don't believe she's as OP as many think, but a lot of that is due to planes, radar, and MM. She is certainly very good though - perhaps the closest to being a 'must have' in your list.

 

Haida is one of my favourite DDs in the game; she's pretty much Cossack only a tier lower and with a marching band or similar on deck who won't shut up (hence worse concealment), plus less bad AA. That said, we all know about the issues with T7 MM at the moment, although I feel Haida copes better than most due to decent concealment. If you have the resources, she's very much worth having, but I would pick T-61 first.

 

Asashio is (I think) still my most played DD, although most of that was in the early days (I've played her a lot less since the reework); because she's exceptional at ruining BBs' days, I feel that every righteous DD player should have one - anything that pushes back against WG's h4rd-on for BBs has to be a good thing. More objectively, I don't think she's 'essential' (there are several other sneaky torp boat options around that tier), plus - as observed elsewhere - the black version will probably come back later in the year.

 

I'm not really qualified to comment on where Lenin sits in relation to the others on your list, as I don't play mine against real people (to me, she feels a bit like a T8 Nelson, only rather better)...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,933 posts
21,092 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

Lenin is a great battleship with some of the most accurate guns at tier. 

Combine that with fast turret traverse and you have a great gun platform. I think it's one of the best battleships at tier 8

 

Asashio is very good at one thing. There is a black variant so there will most likely be an option to buy it on black friday.

 

Haida is one of the best tier 7 destroyers with it's hydro and creeping smoke. Probably the best cap contester at tier 7 but tier 7 is a tricky tier.

 

T-61 is probably OP. Those torps are the same as Maas' torps at tier 7 but with 68s reload instead of 90s. The smoke hydro combination at tier 6 is very strong indeed!

 

Grab Lenin straight away. 

Like you I spend little time at tier 6 but T-61 is fairly cheap and strong enough to make it a recommended purchase.

 

I would leave Asashio  and Haida. Asashio for lack of versatility and Haida due to my only using it when ranked comes to tier 7.

 

 

Anyone who thinks the Assashio is only good at one thing, please follow the above advise and do not buy the Assashio.

Everyone else who actually understands what the Assashio can do, please buy one. You won't regret it. It's hilarious.

 

My tier 8-10 IJN DD stats might give you a hint.

 

image.thumb.png.8a2b78249e6dc7d4d6978b0471b6d71c.png

 

I like the T61, but it's regular DD play. Very strong.

image.thumb.png.bd84b0bf5b466fd9043547d0c2d4f0eb.png

 

I can't comment on the other 2, as I don't have them.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
594 posts
5,053 battles

If you like playing DDs that hunt other DDs, Haida is a must.

 

That said, it's pretty much a one trick pony. Pretty mediocre against anything except DDs. But hilarious against other DDs. And generally a good cap contester due to good concealment, hydro, and rolling smoke.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
290 posts
4,278 battles
1 hour ago, gopher31 said:

Lenin is a great battleship with some of the most accurate guns at tier. 

Combine that with fast turret traverse and you have a great gun platform. I think it's one of the best battleships at tier 8

 

I've been thinking about maybe getting Lenin myself. But after seeing that Vlad has 10K more hp as well as having the worst penetration values at mid-long range (even Bismarck 380's beat him), I'm having some second thoughts. 

 

Apart from having a convenient gun layout and an icebreaker bow, I don't see why you would take this over Vlad. Maybe I'm just dumb and missing some things, care to elaborate? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,144 posts
14,046 battles
2 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I was wondering whether to buy any of the leaving ships, and which one.

 

I was considering Lenin, Haida, Asashio and T61.

 

I had Lenin on rent for one game but wasn’t see it better as Vlad. Also I dislike the paper ship looks.

I also had one game in Haida, but I’m. ot sure if I’d play a T7 DD that much.

I’d like to test the Asashio, but I’d probably rather play Shima whenever I fancy torp DD play.

I always wanted to test drive the T61, as it has insanely OP stats, but I don’t see myself seal clubbing at T6.

 

Are any of these ships are must haves in terms of gameplay in the current meta?

 

I must admit I just bought the Lenin and it is a good deal for the money IMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
1,503 posts
12,445 battles
2 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

but I don’t see myself seal clubbing at T6.

Nahhh.....you can't seal club in T6.  

51 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

 

T-61, tier-for-tier, is a strong candidate for the best DD in the game; I don't believe she's as OP

This

 

I would get the T61

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SHAD]
Players
3,770 posts
15,149 battles
3 minutes ago, Communist_Loli said:

I've been thinking about maybe getting Lenin myself. But after seeing that Vlad has 10K more hp as well as having the worst penetration values at mid-long range (even Bismarck 380's beat him), I'm having some second thoughts. 

 

Apart from having a convenient gun layout and an icebreaker bow, I don't see why you would take this over Vlad. Maybe I'm just dumb and missing some things, care to elaborate? 

I've only just realised that Lenin has worse shells than the Vlad.

 

Lenin is more accurate than the Vlad and has much better turret travers making it fairly easy to use. It is smaller with a much smaller section of 32mm on the nose.

 

Until Champagne, this ship had I believe the best dispersion at tier 8. To have nine shells go out from roughly the same part of the ship  with Russian vertical dispersion but improved sigma is really quite deadly. 

 

It's actually very hard to argue that Lenin is better than Vlad as it even has worse concealment. It just feels very good to me.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[THESO]
Players
1,573 posts
18,620 battles
2 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I was wondering whether to buy any of the leaving ships, and which one.

 

I was considering Lenin, Haida, Asashio and T61.

 

I had Lenin on rent for one game but wasn’t see it better as Vlad. Also I dislike the paper ship looks.

I also had one game in Haida, but I’m. ot sure if I’d play a T7 DD that much.

I’d like to test the Asashio, but I’d probably rather play Shima whenever I fancy torp DD play.

I always wanted to test drive the T61, as it has insanely OP stats, but I don’t see myself seal clubbing at T6.

 

Are any of these ships are must haves in terms of gameplay in the current meta?

 

i got none of the ships, so all I can do is go from what I see. Asashio is a ship that makes me raise an eyebrow if in the hands of a capable player on the enemy team. It has the potential to send a complete flank of lemmings to run home, which will often decide the game. Shimakaze is just a different experience. Asashio is a T8 ship, that can have an impact on a T10 game. if you know about good positioning, it is devastating. On top of that it gets the best concealment in the game.

 

Efficiency-wise I am also thinking about the T-61. I wouldn't call T6 sealclubbing. It's not our responsability if seals are not content with the low tiers they have been given to learn the game but elbow their way into what by definition is mid-tier. The T-61 is considered op, but it is not superior in any aspect, it is rather universal, which ofc translates into better winrates and thus good aggregate results. If your BBs mess up and you need some damage potential to remove a BB or two, the T-61 has it. Usually that means losing against gunboats in cap duels. But the T-61 is universal and can also match an Icarus or Farragut. So you don't inevitably lose in the situations, where other ships are powerless.

 

The rest of the ships is nice to have but I won't regret having passed on them.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WCWVE]
Players
1,056 posts
17,033 battles
3 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I was wondering whether to buy any of the leaving ships, and which one.

 

I was considering Lenin, Haida, Asashio and T61.

I would choose none of the above

 

Asashio and Asashio Black are good in the right circumstances but teribble against a pure gun DD

Lenin, OK for stealing a quick cap but not that good

Haida, not player her that much

T61, the rate of fire is a bit MEH against other DD's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[R3B3L]
Players
1,412 posts
32,651 battles
1 hour ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

Lenin, OK for stealing a quick cap but not that good

Now you got me confused - Lenin is a T8 BB, Lenin-grad a T7 DD.

 

4 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I was considering Lenin, Haida, Asashio and T61.

Ocsimano, did you mean BB-Lenin or DD-Lenin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
1 hour ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

T61, the rate of fire is a bit MEH against other DD's 

T61 is not meh at anything, she is the best or the 2nd best at everything . Best torps, 3nd best concealment, 2nd best healthpool and 2nd best DPM. She's beaten only by farragut in DPM but has far better ballistics and 1/4 pen.

Asashio is great too in her own way, I'd consider that. Haida is great obviously but I ignore commonwealth premiums because there's no commonwealth tech tree, there's no commonwealth captains, you'd have to spend 3 million elite xp per ship per captain to get it up and running.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×