MadSlob

Gfx Card observation

4 comments in this topic

[-FE-]
[-FE-]
Players
37 posts
4,418 battles

Im an owner of a factory OC Sapphire RX580(4GB) and have observed (using HW Monitor) that when you have multisampling AA and FXAA x8 enabled my graphics card hits 76c...yup not absolutely terrible but definitely high but when i turn off these gfx options and enable image sharpening in the latest Radeon software, which basically does the same thing,i reduce my temps to a max of 60c..Nvidia also has its own image sharpening option in its software settings...in this day and age where you cant get a gfx card on the open market for less than a kings ransom if at all, reducing temps and prolonging the life of a graphics card is a must....I did set a fan profile to reduce temps originally but the fans were at70%- 80% for the temps to be decent...hope this helps

Beta Tester
155 posts
13,895 battles
On 3/20/2021 at 11:44 PM, MadSlob said:

Im an owner of a factory OC Sapphire RX580(4GB) and have observed (using HW Monitor) that when you have multisampling AA and FXAA x8 enabled my graphics card hits 76c...yup not absolutely terrible but definitely high but when i turn off these gfx options and enable image sharpening in the latest Radeon software, which basically does the same thing,i reduce my temps to a max of 60c..Nvidia also has its own image sharpening option in its software settings...in this day and age where you cant get a gfx card on the open market for less than a kings ransom if at all, reducing temps and prolonging the life of a graphics card is a must....I did set a fan profile to reduce temps originally but the fans were at70%- 80% for the temps to be decent...hope this helps

Optimal target temperature for running on RX5xx cards is 72-76C, it has absolutely nothing to do with any game. All of that is controlled by the drivers.

[ALYEN]
Players
2,583 posts
4,340 battles

And why are you running multiple AA algorithms ? One is generally enough ... as proven by your own switch to the builtin AMD one ...

[MUMMY]
Players
676 posts
10,481 battles

Dont know if you are any good with hardware, but I will put this out there anyway.

I tend to dismantle my GPU's when I notice that the temperature is increasing for no obvious reason; remove the old thermal paste on the GPU and GPU heatsink and reapply new thermal paste.  I would usually need to do this around 3-5 years post GPU manufacture, sometimes never.  Depends on what the manufacturer used I guess.

Sign in to follow this