Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SodaBubbles

New Ranked mode increased botting?

8 comments in this topic

[TACHA]
Players
245 posts
945 battles

Today in Ranked I had the privilege of having the same bot Yammy two matches in a row, even though I let time go by so i wouldnt encounter him. I play on both NA and EU and I've noticed lots of bots in matches.

I think the irrevocable ranks are driving an uptick in botting since it is much easier to fail upward. 

And no, don't tell me to report them. WG will do nothing. Waste of time. I've done it many times, only to encounter the same AFKers and botters again and again. 

• Cool 2

Players
7,308 posts
11,668 battles

It happens.. ive seen them too. Its really phun once you have 3 of them. And then you notice, the enemys had 1 too aaand you almost still won... sigh

Nothing really to be done about it. Unless WG decides at some point to introduce a limit of games you can play per day. Should be obvious, that someone with 100 games per day and close to 0 damage is botting :/

• Cool 2

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,905 battles

I reported the same bot twice in a week and WG were not in the slightest bit interested. I sent in replays and his stats, in which he had accumulated 4800 random battles even though the account was only 40 days old. It was very clearly a bot, border humping with guns pointed off the map all game.

Reply was along the lines of ‘You do not need to report bots or AFK players, so stop bothering us and let our 10/10 auto systems catch him’.

I asked what the point of a specific section in the support tickets is for labelled ‘bots/afk’ if we are not supposed to report these people, and their answer was basically :cap_yes: *ticket closed*.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Beta Tester
2,144 posts
14,046 battles

I had one team tonight where the highest win rate player after me had 46% overall WR with the lowest at 38%@ 5k battles for an average of the rest of the team at 44,7% win rate, very hard to work with that kind of low skill team.
It is not about stat shaming but when you have Ranked full of ultra bad players and bots it defeats the purpose of competitive gameplay.
Hence my most recent topic.

• Cool 2

[LBN]
Players
61 posts
7,826 battles

If there are so many bad players it should be easier for all the nonbads.

Players
290 posts
4,275 battles
2 minutes ago, Bybernd said:

If they were evenly distributed between teams, sure. But we all know that's not how it works :cap_book:

[-RDE-]
Players
351 posts
28,910 battles

i've given up, last season my wr/pr was good above wr 55% my game wr is just above 50% this time in gold my wr is below 30% lol.. doesn't matter what i do it's just meh ...

• Cool 1

[SLAPP]
Players
1,518 posts
9,506 battles
2 hours ago, Bybernd said:

sadly thats not how it works  good players can carry their team if his team stays alive and have at least SOME form of stallin the enemy team.

if 1 side gets steamrolled or his own side his team dies theres nothing a good player can do 

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this