Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
EnacheV

Why some operations are not played

17 comments in this topic

Players
123 posts
1,280 battles

WG is wondering why people dont play operations ....

Its not hard

People play some operations that give rewards that are ok for the time invested

Killer whale for example is a garbage operation. Put 4 flags, 5 stars, 130k damage (theres not much damage to be done there)  for a 19 minutes operation

got 2k xp and 500 free xp

sorry but not gonna waste my time with that considering that 80% of the attempts are not even 3 stars

So do you want people to play your stuff ? Make decent rewards.

P.S. For the ranked battles fans : ranked battles are the EASIEST way to get xp, theres nothing complicated about it. However some people dont have a good time when exposed to random and stupidity, which is plenty in random battles. So before talk big just remember : ranked battles requires SMALLEST amount of skill to get good XP. They require skill to WIN but NOT to farm best XP.

• Cool 1

[STEPA]
Players
59 posts
2,594 battles

yeah, the rewards are getting worse and worse ... 4 itallian bb containers gave me 2.5k free exp and 3 (!) special flags total (so one per container).  crap show.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

Yeah, im really sad what happened with OPs.

Not only did WG butcher them, but the downfall or player skill is so obvious while playing OPs. Back in the days, i used to play solo and could carry the team to 5 Stars, because they atleast made an attempt to do the objectives... last time i played Aegis solo, we lost without even killing the 2nd wave, because half the team was dead, the other half turned around and ran away :Smile_amazed:

Even Newport was doable solo - wasnt easy, but possible. These days? wtf, even 2 guys can struggle to get 5 stars while the others do jack crap.

So why OPs are really not interesting to me anymore

- playerbase deterioated to a point, where playing solo OPs is a gamble and thus not fun. I assume this happened to many people, or they just outright quit the game due to what WG did the past 2+ years.

- WG butchered the rewards to basicly 0, so why should i play them? 15-17 minutes to get 1k base XP like WTF?! I get more XP playing Coop considering the time...

- WG removing half the OPs, and we are left with the same old T6 + Narai. I do play Narai when its in cycle atleast a couple of times. Sadly, WG think its good to reduce XP in 4-man divs even lower than playing in 7-man randoms, so they ruined that aswell. Its nice to get a >300k Narai game with 4 guys and you end up with 1200 baseXP or something. Then you play in 7man random Narai with 200k damage and get more XP. Logic? Well [edited]WG, logic left this company in 2017.

WG hated people playing OPs and getting 2k-3k BaseXP, and it really shows. I can see them being TRIGGERED from here, when they saw people milking OPs for 20-30k FreeXP and 70k commanderXP - cant have that. I mean, people actually enjoying parts of this game? NOPE.

So even if WG would add more OPs, i actually doubt that id play them. With this playerbase and shitty rewards, why bother?

• Cool 9

Players
7,313 posts
11,668 battles
44 minutes ago, EnacheV said:

Nah, they arent wondering - they are making sure!

• Cool 8

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,218 posts
9,490 battles

A wargaming-stylish solution to make operations more popular would be to sell special premium ships only for operations. 

• Funny 3

[TOHOU]
Players
312 posts
4,560 battles

well, lots of players have hard times with Newport, rest are usually playable and rewards are down to what ? 300k max  600+ with all credit flags and max 10k base and 4k free exp or something, but wg be like you cant make good exp and money in operations , thats illegal

also there is no reward for getting 5 stars on all operations which is kinda sad

Players
123 posts
1,280 battles
1 minute ago, Cirno9999 said:

well, lots of players have hard times with Newport, rest are usually playable and rewards are down to what ? 300k max  600+ with all credit flags and max 10k base and 4k free exp or something, but wg be like you cant make good exp and money in operations , thats illegal

also there is no reward for getting 5 starts on all operations which is kinda sad

i played 3 operations till now

1st week the one with carrier, that was 5 star almost all the time, very easy, but at that point i didnt cared for xp

2nd week was Newport, lots of 2-3 stars but with 4 flags i could get 10k xp sometimes, was good

3rd week Killer Whale that is absolutely garbage in terms of xp, waste of time

its weird because WoWs could be a good platform for more elaborate PVE stuff, compared to WoT which is not

Players
6,702 posts
11 minutes ago, principat121 said:

A wargaming-stylish solution to make operations more popular would be to sell special premium ships only for operations. 

I'd consider that a step-up, as now most of them good only for Coop.

[BLITZ]
Modder
5,218 posts
9,490 battles
15 minutes ago, EnacheV said:

i played 3 operations till now

1st week the one with carrier, that was 5 star almost all the time, very easy, but at that point i didnt cared for xp

2nd week was Newport, lots of 2-3 stars but with 4 flags i could get 10k xp sometimes, was good

3rd week Killer Whale that is absolutely garbage in terms of xp, waste of time

its weird because WoWs could be a good platform for more elaborate PVE stuff, compared to WoT which is not

Wait for NARAI, it is the only operation left that is somehow funny and rewarding. And it is the only operation you can carry as a single player, if you know the mechanics well and pick the right ship. 

Second to this comes Aegis, where a good player also can carry alot. And Aegis can be played comfortably with all four ships classes. 

Players
1,094 posts

If WG are unwilling to provide fitting rewards for playing Ops, it follows that you have to come up with your own to make it worthwhile (because let's face it, Ops is by far the most interesting and unique thing that WoWs has going which every other arena battle game doesn't necessarily have already). And for what it's worth, for time spent the rewards seem to be pretty much the same as those you'd get for the same duration of Co-op play, but of course with just one match compared to two or three you can be more efficient with your flag/camo use.

Personally, I play Ops to challenge myself: the AI is streets ahead of Co-op (and let's face it, also most of the opposition you're likely to see in any of the PvP modes); the scenarios have enough twists generally to be at least engaging, even if I know what's coming after the hundredth repetition (again, what's the difference of that against the dumb predictable Co-op bots or the dumb predictable Random red teams?); and given that there are definitely ships that work and ships that don't work as well in Ops, it can be interesting to play some of the less optimal ones now and again to make things a little more challenging.

Plus, Ops the level of challenge mixed with the predictability in Ops means you can make all kinds of fun for yourself: trying to take out the Missouri in Narai with your Scharnhorst/Gneisenau torpedoes is an obvious one, but there are all sorts of other mini-challenges you can set for yourself in order to have a good time. Just see my recent 'actually, just try and win Newport, maybe in a ship that's not that good' thread as an example.

Ops is a game mode that I can have fun doing, rather than just scoring whatever points for the current grind. Ops is also a mode that will only earn improvement if WG see people actually playing it (so their usual 'noone's interested' excuse is no longer sustainable). If you like Ops, or even just the idea of them, you should play them; take your own fun there where you can find it, because it'll be a lot easier than in pretty much any other mode.

• Cool 2

Players
123 posts
1,280 battles

Its pretty obvious that powercreep, cash grabs, etc will slowly make pvp unbearable for most

So they should focus a bit more on pve to save some revenue

[FMJ]
Players
181 posts

It all depends on your mindset really. If you dont look at Operations as simply a way of getting free stuff and instead just a different form of battle they make a lot more sense.

The rewards arent the only reason to do operations. They are a nice added bonus but the rewards werent why I have started playing them. For those like me that played a large amount of CoOp battles the main reason to play the operations were slightly more challenging AI and a more interesting set of varying objectives. From this point of view the operations are definitely worth playing.

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester
156 posts

WG havent cared about the Operations or Co-op ever since the almighty Spreadsheet ( all hail ) told them that Co-op and operation players pay less than Randoms. Thus almost every desision regarding Co-op and Operations have been designed to push players away ( removal of popular ops, Nerfing Narai income etc ) 

there is so much untapped potential in the PVE side of the Game that WG simply dont care about, as it requires FAR more investment than Copy Paste Ships to stick in the premium store

• Cool 2

[2PTS]
Players
233 posts
9,495 battles

Well... WeGreedy stated clearly that they don't have plans for operations. They don't want people to play operations, so they nurfed the amounts of XP given showing the finger to those that bought premium ships for operations only.

Players
401 posts
13,551 battles
On 3/20/2021 at 8:29 PM, EnacheV said:

Its not hard

People play some operations that give rewards that are ok for the time invested

Killer whale for example is a garbage operation. Put 4 flags, 5 stars, 130k damage (theres not much damage to be done there)  for a 19 minutes operation

got 2k xp and 500 free xp

sorry but not gonna waste my time with that considering that 80% of the attempts are not even 3 stars

So do you want people to play your stuff ? Make decent rewards.

P.S. For the ranked battles fans : ranked battles are the EASIEST way to get xp, theres nothing complicated about it. However some people dont have a good time when exposed to random and stupidity, which is plenty in random battles. So before talk big just remember : ranked battles requires SMALLEST amount of skill to get good XP. They require skill to WIN but NOT to farm best XP.

MOst operations i still play with clan members Narai is fun and mostly i get 5 stars even if we have really bad plays 4 stars. Only Defense of New Port is this not possible you need atleast 6 players who knows there weakness and strenght.

Personally i really like the Operations and i didn't like the numbdown of them i wish WoWs put some love in it!

Players
1,923 posts
23,237 battles

Its quite sad that there was more variety in WoWs a few years ago then its now. 

I havent touched OPS since shortly after the CV-reeeework. 

Sometimes I really want to play cherryblossom or the french ops... but no more. 

Sci-Fi-Halloween wasnt good either. WG should at least try to save the "spooky" Halloween OPS. 

Sign in to follow this