Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
luokailk

So we won't get the 3 Big Hunt perm camos for free?

35 comments in this topic

[KITEN]
Players
205 posts
22,364 battles

All the 3 nice T8 perm camos requires 15 tokens in total. In the armory, we will get 4+2+2=8 from the bundles, 2 for credit and 2 for FXP, that's 12 in total. The rest has to be done by dblns. I'd like to know if we will have some weekend/weekly missions for the other 3 tokens @MrConway. I'm asking this as we can get perm camos "for free" in the previous events, and it would be nice to see the same thing in this patch. Thanks in advance.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,234 posts
9,993 battles

Seems we only get 2 of them for Free.

If you want all 3 of them you.ll need to spend 3k Doubloons I guess.

[FDFF]
Players
22 posts
18,447 battles
2 hours ago, Sunleader said:

If you want all 3 of them you.ll need to spend 3k Doubloons I guess.

Which is what a tier 8 camo costs anyway, so not a lot of point unless you like the camo more than the stock one! Got to 5 tokens today so picked up the Oland camo, should be able to get a second one since I haven't touched the 2.5K battle point pile yet, there's 2 in there, and its only 37.5K battle points to get all of them and can buy the other 3. Opened 11 of the 15K ones already and got 2 tokens with a bit of luck could get the other 2 without grinding all the other 14, in which case only need to buy the discounted fxp bundle! Sitting on 383K of coal so probably won't bother with the full price fxp bundle, still rebuilding after smaland, but may pick up the full price credit one since I am flush with credits at the moment

Players
434 posts
6,857 battles

I am pretty sure its intentional.

But you still get two T8 camos for free, that's not too bad.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
4,234 posts
9,993 battles
48 minutes ago, zheng_he14 said:

Which is what a tier 8 camo costs anyway, so not a lot of point unless you like the camo more than the stock one! Got to 5 tokens today so picked up the Oland camo, should be able to get a second one since I haven't touched the 2.5K battle point pile yet, there's 2 in there, and its only 37.5K battle points to get all of them and can buy the other 3. Opened 11 of the 15K ones already and got 2 tokens with a bit of luck could get the other 2 without grinding all the other 14, in which case only need to buy the discounted fxp bundle! Sitting on 383K of coal so probably won't bother with the full price fxp bundle, still rebuilding after smaland, but may pick up the full price credit one since I am flush with credits at the moment

See below.

2 Free Prem Camos is quite Decent.

Cant expect everything for Free

32 minutes ago, firerider202 said:

I am pretty sure its intentional.

But you still get two T8 camos for free, that's not too bad.

Of course it is lol

This wouldnt happen by accident.

But yes.

2 Free Camos is still quite Nice. Cant Complain about that :)

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
325 posts
11,037 battles

Why would you want those perma-camos anyway? They have horrible stats and they look terrible (probably the worst looking event perma-camos so far).

I have several T8 perma-camos just wasting space in my inventory because I haven't found any reason to use them over the past 2 years... I'd rather spend this event's tokens to get 1.5 mln credits.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
2,797 posts
33,769 battles
43 minutes ago, Gebe_ said:

Why would you want those perma-camos anyway? They have horrible stats and they look terrible (probably the worst looking event perma-camos so far).

I have several T8 perma-camos just wasting space in my inventory because I haven't found any reason to use them over the past 2 years... I'd rather spend this event's tokens to get 1.5 mln credits.

First of all, taste is subjective. To some, camos may not seem good looking while to other some they may look astounding. For instance the Oland camo looks nice to me. And Akizuki one is okay while Amagi one is meh.

I have also around 9 T8 and 5 T9 perma camos (in addition to the extra unused premium camos and already attached ones) sitting there unattached to a ship as well but many newer players don't have these perma camos and this is an opportunity for them to get some for free. World doesn't revolve around us, does it? :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
1 hour ago, Gebe_ said:

:cap_like:

Apart from the T10 and possibly the T9 ones all others are basically useless unless you want to grind coop or ops and dont want to spend anything on that...

• Cool 3

Players
2,797 posts
33,769 battles
23 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

:cap_like:

Apart from the T10 and possibly the T9 ones all others are basically useless unless you want to grind coop or ops and dont want to spend anything on that...

What a nonsense...Apparently you don't know or don't remember the days you ground new lines without a prem account and/or camos, flags, etc. These T8 camos have identical bonuses to the regular prem ones and can be very helpful to new users/accounts.

[ADRIA]
Players
325 posts
11,037 battles
11 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

What a nonsense...Apparently you don't know or don't remember the days you ground new lines without a prem account and/or camos, flags, etc. These T8 camos have identical bonuses to the regular prem ones and can be very helpful to new users/accounts.

I'd argue the opposite: if you are  grinding a line, the worst you can do is use a perma-camo because you are  severely nerfing your XP earnings. Even new players get plenty of better single use camos from various events.

• Cool 3

Players
2,797 posts
33,769 battles
4 minutes ago, Gebe_ said:

I'd argue the opposite: if you are  grinding a line, the worst you can do is use a perma-camo because you are  severely nerfing your XP earnings. Even new players get plenty of better single use camos from various events.

But how do you nerf your earnings with perma camo? Especially in opposite to having a regular camo?

Newer players can't get the camos we have collected over the years. I have two other accounts which have far less battles than this one. Do you know or have any idea how difficult to get special camos let alone free perma camos if you are a new player?

• Cool 1

[URUC]
Players
375 posts

CHECK ON ARMORY:

you can get a token for 1.5 milion CREDITS. No need for dobloons. 

928308452_WorldofWarships21_03_202110_26_46.thumb.png.75ff613f2394d7d60054049916e213c5.png

Players
251 posts
2,905 battles

Permacamos for T8 are great. For example I played around 100 Brawls last week with Amagi without any camos not to waste them for short battles without stats. Now if if I would have Amagi permacamo it would have saved me 750k credits and earned more xp and free xp. 

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
1 hour ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Oh I remember and I still do regrind the lines for the RP, quite often actually and these permacamos are better then nothing (ie buying the credit ones) but just about as the 50% XP gain is hardly something to write home about compared to 100%+ bonus found on most of the expendable ones these days...

• Cool 2

[THESO]
4,234 posts
9,993 battles
2 hours ago, Gebe_ said:

Mate if your Trolling thats really Mean.

Thats 1 Token for 1.5 Million Credits.

Your Buying the 1.5 Million Credits with 1 Token.

Not the other way around.

[THESO]
4,234 posts
9,993 battles
32 minutes ago, S_h_i_v_a said:

CHECK ON ARMORY:

you can get a token for 1.5 milion CREDITS. No need for dobloons. 

928308452_WorldofWarships21_03_202110_26_46.thumb.png.75ff613f2394d7d60054049916e213c5.png

Dont Troll pls

Thats Buying 1.5 Million Credits by Spending one 1 Token.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
2 hours ago, Gebe_ said:

Same here... i have 3x T8 permacamos floating around, and i dont know where to put them. Half of my T8 ships already have permacamos, which limits the possibilities even further. I guess ill put one on Akizuki, but as long as im grinding, i dont really need it there yet. And then i still have 2 :fish_aqua:

• Cool 2

Players
2,797 posts
33,769 battles
27 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Oh I remember and I still do regrind the lines for the RP, quite often actually and these permacamos are better then nothing (ie buying the credit ones) but just about as the 50% XP gain is hardly something to write home about compared to 100%+ bonus found on most of the expendable ones these days...

Yes, perma camos are better than regular ones and you may be still grinding RP line but also you have been in the game for quite a while. So, you can't compare what you have to a player with 1-2K battles. In an alt account, I have been playing Mahan without 10 point cmdr so long, I reached Benson and cmdr is still 8 points. In the other account the highest ship i have is a T8 cruiser and i am almost out of all special camos, meaning i will be left with the regular 25K silver ones. Hence, didn't touch this account for quite some time, but imagine a new player with only one account trying to grind and level ships they want...with regular camos...Those expandable camos come in numbers and go as you use them while grinding, it is not like a new player can get a big stack of them anyway.

Besides, i don't really get the hype of complaining about free stuff..Free perma camos in this case. These are FREE.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
1,598 posts
18,675 battles

My regret with these camos is more that I already linked two of the flexible perma camos to the Öland and Akizuki. I would have preferred the event camos to be just as flexible and be used on any ship of my choice, rather then being designed specifically for 3 ships. I bought the tokens for credits, I played the event for and hour, got the missing camo for Amagi. Now the event is pointless to me, cause I don't care about aesthetics. A bonus is a bonus and the rest can be done by mods.

1 hour ago, Gebe_ said:

That depends on where you are in your grinds and how good and active a player you are. I personally had started the game playing coop with friends. I never bothered with the camos. So I built a stock of camos over a long time. Then when I moved to PvP those camos got less and less. If I didn't have perma camos on my most played ships, I would have depleted my camos a long time ago. I played 200-300 battles in some CB seasons. There is a difference in having 300 camos more or less. It was only recently that I finished ~90% of the lines. When you got 30+ T10 ships and get those supercontainers on anniversary, that helps a lot not running out of camos.

So I'd say a lot of people who are in the middle of those grinds will certainly benefit from the camos.

Labelling a camo that gives "only" 50% XP boost is a bit decadent. Let's not forget this game was in a state in the past, where we would have sold out souls for a 50% camo. So what's all the hurry? When I regrind lines I use the lines where I got perma camos. I handpicked those lines and put perma camos on most of the ships. I enjoy playing the ships. They would just collect useless eliteXP, if I played them outside the regrind. Why would I need to rush my way through them?

I think its not a bad idea to take those perma camos and save your better consumable ones for those funny times, when WG throws another Pay2Rico type event at us or when we have to speed-grind some ressource cause some ship is announced to be removed in too short an amount of time to get it casually.

Players
2,169 posts
13,097 battles
57 minutes ago, Execute0rder66 said:

Besides, i don't really get the hype of complaining about free stuff..Free perma camos in this case. These are FREE.

Doesn't change the fact that they are worthless trash to a lot of players. I'd rather have 20 camos with 100% XP/Commander XP than these 50% single XP perma ones.

If you want the camos because …

• you are a collector, great.
  • you are new to the game, great.
  • you want to use them in co-op, great.
  • you are a fruit and don't want to spend credits (that are also free to earn) on a standard camo and weaken your team by not equipping any camo at all, great.

For everyone else they are worthless. I have a bunch of unused perma camos to equip on any T8 ships, i think from xmas or some events, can't remember. I have a bunch of ships with perma camo from events, e.g. Cleveland, which is the most useful one out of them all. Camos, really good ones, are thrown at us on a weekly basis, even at totally new players. The problem is more, that a lot of player are stingy and want to save them for "more important occasions", then the camos sit on the account for the next 8 months unused.

Bottom line is: this event is boring and sucks for veterans, because these "rewards" are not worth the time and effort. If my list above applies to you, go for it. Have a great time in Big Hunt!

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
3,295 posts
26,793 battles

lol, really?! people complaining about getting permas?! :Smile_facepalm:.... 1st world problems of wows elite i guess... behaving like everyone would have a sheetload of 100% camos laying around and likes to waste em on +50% common days, or even when that bonus is gone already. no word about the reduced repaircosts as well. that's not a lot on t8, sure, but it's measurable. even more to players without u peoples stocks and credits, prem ships and time.

btw:

i use permas all the time on keepers and prems! on 50% days, on ships i might even did win on that day already and so on....

only coz u elitist vollpros got it all, doenst mean these are worthless for the rest of the playerbase, nor that everyone had chance to grab one from former events.

now up into the corner and shame is all i can add on such an attitude :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[_OST_]
Moderator, Players, WoWs Wiki Team, Freibeuter
3,854 posts
15,129 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Sunleader sagte:

Dont Troll pls

Thats Buying 1.5 Million Credits by Spending one 1 Token.

He's not.

If you buy this for 1.500.000 Credits you get 1 Token + Coal

shot-21_03.18_16_29.47-0235.thumb.jpg.908b8fca63bf26536559a7a2bbc4b181.jpg

And if you don't need the token you can get back your 1.500.000 credits and keep the coal. 

shot-21_03.18_16_29.53-0529.thumb.jpg.c8bb06be2c6657ca2815fad3789bde47.jpg

• Funny 1

[THESO]
4,234 posts
9,993 battles
1 minute ago, SkipperCH said:

He's not.

If you buy this for 1.500.000 Credits you get 1 Token + Coal

shot-21_03.18_16_29.47-0235.thumb.jpg.908b8fca63bf26536559a7a2bbc4b181.jpg

And if you don't need the token you can get back your 1.500.000 credits and keep the coal. 

shot-21_03.18_16_29.53-0529.thumb.jpg.c8bb06be2c6657ca2815fad3789bde47.jpg

Mate.

Check his Screenshot.....

Sign in to follow this