Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yedwy

We need a premium Baltimore or Oregon City class CA for T9

32 comments in this topic

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

So what the title says...

IMHO the Buffalo sticks out in the line as a sore thumb, all other US CAs T7+ are 2 turret front, one turret back designs and it works much better for the role those ships need to fulfill...

Now I know WG is not about to swich the Buffalo out of the tree but making a quick and easy C/P Baltimore clone with stats tweaked for T9 shouldnt be all to hard esp since she was up there once upon a time anyway...

• Cool 6

[-TPF-]
Players
4,670 posts
19,141 battles

I would love to see actual ships in the game rather than blueprints (hello Oregon City, hello Fargo, hello Juneau) so +1 for this.

• Cool 4

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
15 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Y U No like Buffalo? :Smile_sad:

Nope not really

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
7 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Nope not really

Guess its me :Smile_hiding:. I like a lot of ships which most people dont like, and i dont like some ships which many think are very nice..

I think the trick with Buffalo is really using all its turrets, while with NO,Balti and DM you can get away with just using frontguns.

Maybe WG can make an Anchorage style premium :cap_look: 9 Guns with smoke + torps but no radar... could be nice?

[NWP]
Players
3,709 posts
18,027 battles
3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Maybe WG can make an Anchorage style premium :cap_look: 9 Guns with smoke + torps but no radar... could be nice?

Plz no Anchorage. I hate that boat. US smoke cruisers is where I draw a line

• Funny 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
9 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

Plz no Anchorage. I hate that boat. US smoke cruisers is where I draw a line

giphy.gif

image.png.2055f3f62d94c688fa5a1d65a3b3d2c3.png

Man, again? Y U NO LIKE ANCHORAGE?

Id play it more often, but Massa... :fish_cute_2:

Well then how about a Lidl Austin? That sounds like phun :fish_panic:

• Funny 2

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
52 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I think the trick with Buffalo is really using all its turrets, while with NO,Balti and DM you can get away with just using frontguns.

Exactly, she is balanced around 12s reload for 12 guns however in current meta showing enough side to actually use those 12 guns usually means one way ticket to the port unless you are able to stay unspotted behind some island, problem is repositioning to use the radar in such situation is very awkward as if you push sou are basically forced to the choice of use only front guns with the 10-12s reload or use all 12 guns but risk blowing up instantly...

And as I said its not like she actually fits the line setup like at all, I mean OK i get the Pepsi, she is what she is and when she was (although they could have found a better option TBH) but then NO/Indy->Balti/Wichi->Buffalo?!?->DM/Salem and ofc no prem T9 CA of any kind on the US side apart from the Alaska that really doesnt count...

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,651 battles
18 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

... ofc no prem T9 CA of any kind on the US side apart from the Alaska that really doesnt count...

Is there a need to be a premium T9 US CA? You have T10, T8, T7 ... Alaska is T9 but just removed .... so why there should be T9 premium CA? It is not like you need to have a premium US CA at every tier. There is no T9 US CL either. RN also doesn't have a premium T9 CA or CL, not even removed. I mean it would be nice to get it but there is no need for one, especially as there is a plenty of US premiums.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
6 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Is there a need to be a premium T9 US CA? You have T10, T8, T7 ... Alaska is T9 but just removed .... so why there should be T9 premium CA? It is not like you need to have a premium US CA at every tier. There is no T9 US CL either. RN also doesn't have a premium T9 CA or CL, not even removed. I mean it would be nice to get it but there is no need for one, especially as there is a plenty of US premiums.

Well there is no premium CA at T9 in any nation really? All are supercruisers, we have cra-ton of T8  and T10 but T9 nope...

And I would just like to have a normal CA preferably one that was built in steel and US CA line has a legitimate claim for some candidates...

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,651 battles
18 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Well there is no premium CA at T9 in any nation really? All are supercruisers, we have cra-ton of T8  and T10 but T9 nope...

See, they are all equal there. Out of all nations I US is not the one that is desperate for new premium. Also I think Buffalo is just fine as it is.

And I would just like to have a normal CA preferably one that was built in steel and US CA line has a legitimate claim for some candidates...

Sure it would be nice to have but there is no need for one as there are others available. Sure they can't be used in T9 CBs but still. And with time we will probably get some. But you might not like what you get. Oregon City could be T9 premium but it could as easily be a T8, as basically it is a Baltimore class with somewhat different superstructure. And WG could as easily use some preliminary design instead as that gives them more chance to slap some stupid gimmick on it.

[ACIER]
Players
279 posts
3,000 battles
Il y a 3 heures, DFens_666 a dit :

Guess its me :Smile_hiding:. I like a lot of ships which most people dont like, and i dont like some ships which many think are very nice..

Same a like a lot of ships people don't like. Atlanta, Flint, California,... That weird but l like CL, Irian, P Eugen and Atago ! 

I want an T9 Atlanta like ! 

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
8 hours ago, Yedwy said:

IMHO the Buffalo sticks out in the line as a sore thumb, all other US CAs T7+ are 2 turret front, one turret back designs and it works much better

There's 5 US CAs, 3 of them have triple turret layout, 2 of them have quad turret layout. You're making it sound as if two out of five is some kind of freak accident. Half the heavy cruisers in the game are quad turret layout.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
6 hours ago, NikolayKuznetsov said:

There's 5 US CAs, 3 of them have triple turret layout, 2 of them have quad turret layout. You're making it sound as if two out of five is some kind of freak accident. Half the heavy cruisers in the game are quad turret layout.

Indianapolis                  vs               Pensacola

New Orleans                                    Buffalo

Baltimore                                          Ancorage (forgot her)

Wichita

Des Moines

Salem

9 hours ago, MyAngelAkagi said:

I want an T9 Atlanta like ! 

I wouldnt mind that either, a T6 one as well for ops while we are at it...

• Cool 1

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,651 battles
42 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Indianapolis                  vs               Pensacola

New Orleans                                    Buffalo

Baltimore

Wichita

Des Moines

Salem

Why you put Salem as it is a sister ship of the DM and of course it would have same gun layout? Also if you are putting Salem than you need to put Anchorage too on the other side. And I believe that @NikolayKuznetsov was talking about tech tree ships only. Also not sure why would all US CAs need to have same gun layout, why is that so important.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
13 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Why you put Salem as it is a sister ship of the DM and of course it would have same gun layout? Also if you are putting Salem than you need to put Anchorage too on the other side. And I believe that @NikolayKuznetsov was talking about tech tree ships only. Also not sure why would all US CAs need to have same gun layout, why is that so important.

Its not important as such but it influences the way you can play them as the ship is balanced around the total number of guns she has and if you dont want to explode instantly there is quite a number of situations where you wont use the ones on the back now will you, so what you have left in that moment is half of your guns but running on much longer reload then you would if you had 9 of them...

And yes I forgot Ancorage, I will add her

[-TPF-]
Players
4,670 posts
19,141 battles
14 hours ago, fumtu said:

so why there should be T9 premium CA? It is not like you need to have a premium US CA at every tier.

Tier IX Premiums are important for us uncompetitive folks, as you can't play Tech Tree ships in Co-op without losing lots of credits each game. So my Iowa, for example, is a loss leader. A splendid, capable, historical ship that I don't play as much as the made up Georgia because my game economy is based on the benefits of Premium ships. So I'd love a Premium Iowa class....

It's also true that the currentTier IX US Tech Tree cruisers are not WG's greatest hits and they could do something a bit different with the slightly-evolved sisters of Cleveland and Baltimore. I would say that shows a market and a niche for Premiums to fill. 

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,651 battles
1 minute ago, invicta2012 said:

It's also true that the currentTier IX US Tech Tree cruisers are not WG's greatest hits and they could do something a bit different with the slightly-evolved sisters of Cleveland and Baltimore.

US CA line is pretty solid line and T9 Buffalo is a nice ship if played properly. There is a big difference between Buffalo project and Baltimore/Oregone City class. Buffalo is substantial bigger class which is reflecting on its HP pool. And of course more heavily armed. Buffalo has much more sense as a progression ship from Baltimore to DM than Oregon Class would have be.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,670 posts
19,141 battles
Just now, fumtu said:

Buffalo has much more sense as a progression ship from Baltimore to DM than Oregon Class would have be.

Agreed, but no-one seems to enthuse about it. Baltimore is viable against Tier IX and X ships, and so an "improved Baltimore" (Oregon City) would be as well, with the boosts to armour from the increased Tier and a few tweaks to stats and consumables. 

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,651 battles
1 minute ago, invicta2012 said:

Agreed, but no-one seems to enthuse about it. Baltimore is viable against Tier IX and X ships, and so an "improved Baltimore" (Oregon City) would be as well, with the boosts to armour from the increased Tier and a few tweaks to stats and consumables. 

First I like Buffalo so saying that "no-one enthuse about it" is not true. If you or some other don't like it it doesn't mean no-one is like it. If you have numbers than show them, if not than don't use that argument.

Second, Oregon City as a premium or as a regular ships? As a premium WG can do with it whatever they want and put it on every tier they want. As a regular ship they can't do that. They can't put more consumables or different consumables just for one ship in the line. And Oregon City is not that "improved" compared to Baltimore. In RL it was, mostly in AA department as new superstructure provide less obstacle for AA guns. But for game this mean nothing. It is a same hull with a same guns with same AA (maybe slight difference in 20mm but nothing important), same displacement .... So basically a same ship as a Baltimore. So game-wise it is not improvement at all. 

Third, as I said it would be nice to have T9 US CA premium, but we don't need it, especially for reason OP stated in the first post. This is not proposal for  premium, this is arguing that we need to either replace Buffalo or we must get premium US CA because someone don't like Buffalo. Which is ridicules as Buffalo is fine ship. If there is any issue with it, WG could just buff it. Will we get T9 premium US CA or not should not depend on the state of the T9 Buffalo or does someone like it or not.

[-TPF-]
Players
4,670 posts
19,141 battles
46 minutes ago, fumtu said:

First I like Buffalo so saying that "no-one enthuse about it" is not true. If you or some other don't like it it doesn't mean no-one is like it. If you have numbers than show them, if not than don't use that argument.

Every posting I've ever seen about Buffalo is people saying "It's not as bad as you think".  I don't have much an opinion because I don't have one - but I can see from the stats why a cruiser which trades a heavier broadside for a slower reload might not be the most popular. 

46 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Second, Oregon City as a premium or as a regular ships? As a premium WG can do with it whatever they want and put it on every tier they want. As a regular ship they can't do that. They can't put more consumables or different consumables just for one ship in the line. And Oregon City is not that "improved" compared to Baltimore. In RL it was, mostly in AA department as new superstructure provide less obstacle for AA guns. But for game this mean nothing. It is a same hull with a same guns with same AA (maybe slight difference in 20mm but nothing important), same displacement .... So basically a same ship as a Baltimore. So game-wise it is not improvement at all. 

I'm only thinking of a Tier IX Premium, you'll have to talk to the OP about it being in the Tech Tree line.

By virtue of being Tier IX the ship gets a sixth module slot and a heal, and we know how powerful that upgrade is for any cruiser. Baltimore/Oregon City has better base range than Buffalo (and this could be improved again) and access to other consumables such as a Spotter could improve it further, giving Wichita-style versatility. HP and Armour of B Hull Baltimore and A Hull Buffalo are very close, Oregon City would have better AA than Buffalo. It's just a different playstyle/vibe and one that people might find agreeable. If the way to play these ships is about using cover and never showing a full broadside, then a ship which will always fire its front turrets faster than Buffalo might be a more comfortable fit for some players. 

[OHRIP]
Players
1,196 posts
9,899 battles
3 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Tier IX Premiums are important for us uncompetitive folks, as you can't play Tech Tree ships in Co-op without losing lots of credits each game. So my Iowa, for example, is a loss leader. A splendid, capable, historical ship that I don't play as much as the made up Georgia because my game economy is based on the benefits of Premium ships. So I'd love a Premium Iowa class....

It's also true that the currentTier IX US Tech Tree cruisers are not WG's greatest hits and they could do something a bit different with the slightly-evolved sisters of Cleveland and Baltimore. I would say that shows a market and a niche for Premiums to fill. 

So I'd love a Premium Iowa class....Missouri says hello

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
3,303 posts
30,651 battles
4 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Every posting I've ever seen about Buffalo is people saying "It's not as bad as you think".  I don't have much an opinion because I don't have one - but I can see from the stats why a cruiser which trades a heavier broadside for a slower reload might not be the most popular. 

Not every ships is for everyone. There is nothing wrong with Buffalo, some might like it some might not. But that doesn't mean that it is bad or that people can't have fun in it.

I'm only thinking of a Tier IX Premium, you'll have to talk to the OP about it being in the Tech Tree line.

Ok, but then you lost me this ...

By virtue of being Tier IX the ship gets a sixth module slot and a heal, and we know how powerful that upgrade is for any cruiser. Baltimore/Oregon City has better base range than Buffalo (and this could be improved again) and access to other consumables such as a Spotter could improve it further, giving Wichita-style versatility. HP and Armour of B Hull Baltimore and A Hull Buffalo are very close, Oregon City would have better AA than Buffalo. It's just a different playstyle/vibe and one that people might find agreeable. If the way to play these ships is about using cover and never showing a full broadside, then a ship which will always fire its front turrets faster than Buffalo might be a more comfortable fit for some players. 

I don't understand why would anyone compere a stock hull with full premium ship. Why would anyone play stock Buffalo if he doesn't have to. Buffalo is balanced about fully upgraded ship, not stock hull so using stock hull as a comparation to anything is pointless.

Did I ever said that Oregon City could not be a T9 premium? Let me quote myself

4 hours ago, fumtu said:

Second, Oregon City as a premium or as a regular ships? As a premium WG can do with it whatever they want and put it on every tier they want.

Which is true, WG could put any gimmick on it if they want to, hell they can even put Torpedo Reload Booster just for trolling. But that also mean as a premium its playstyle doesn't need to represent tech tree US CAs in any way, WG could find something completely different way to make it more appealing to players. So there is a chance that some would not like what they get as it would not be what they wanted this ship to be. But that is completely irrelevant as, for the last time, I not arguing COULD Oregon City be T9 premium or not. So once more ...

Third, as I said it would be nice to have T9 US CA premium, but we don't need it, especially for reason OP stated in the first post. This is not proposal for  premium, this is arguing that we need to either replace Buffalo or we must get premium US CA because someone don't like Buffalo. Which is ridicules as Buffalo is fine ship. If there is any issue with it, WG could just buff it. Will we get T9 premium US CA or not should not depend on the state of the T9 Buffalo or does someone like it or not.

Sign in to follow this