Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
G01ngToxicCommand0

Only 2 tolerable game modes in WoWS - suggestion

21 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,144 posts
14,115 battles

IMHO the only 2 game modes that are tolerable and not completely destroys the player's day and any fun that could have been had is CoOp and Operations.
All other games modes are unplayable and utterly ruins the game experience through a combination of AFKers, Bots, griefers, zero consequences for the previously mentioned, a general very low skill player base and a horrendous match making.

I suggest 2 things:
-Giving CoOp mode the same XP and credit income as the player has in Random Battle mode so we don't have to have an interminable grind and to avoid negative interaction with the player base as possible.
- A historical PvE battle mode by expanding the Operations mode by incorporating historical WW2 naval battles as both single battles and campaigns with new maps based on historical locations.

I like the game but the ultra toxic player base is ruining it for me and makes me toxic which I don't want to be.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 3
  • Bad 3

Players
2,334 posts
20,591 battles

I'm all for any development of operations, and I would welcome the development of full campaigns from history, it would at least be interesting. 

Sadly WG have no desire to put the effort into creating operations, they still refuse to return the full set of operations from before the great CV rework. So I won’t hold my breath expecting them to give us something  as fun as new operations. 

• Cool 11

[NWP]
Players
3,685 posts
18,027 battles
Vor 19 Stunden, G01ngToxicCommand0 sagte:

Giving CoOp mode the same XP and credit income as the player has in Random Battle mode so we don't have to have an interminable grind and to avoid negative interaction with the player base as possible.

So the mode where your opponents are yoloing bots (meaning that your brain doesn't need to be switched on to win + games are over in 7ish minutes) should net the same results as pvp...

[edit]

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,905 battles

I would like to see the back of epicentre and standard battles from randoms personally.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
8 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

So the mode where your opponents are yoloing bots (meaning that your brain doesn't need to be switched on to win + games are over in 7ish minutes) should net the same results as pvp...

In b4 T5 and below Randoms... :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1

[TBU]
Players
130 posts
Vor 17 Minuten, G01ngToxicCommand0 sagte:

IMHO the only 2 game modes that are tolerable and not completely destroys the player's day and any fun that could have been had is CoOp and Operations.

So true. I am getting tired of flying click-boom a$$hat griefers going after my DD every single game. Or triplets of magnificent wallhacking radars in the enemy team. WG, your game is crap. Your balance is crap. Your CV "gameplay" is crap. A bunch of entire tech trees are crap. I cannot imagine spending a single cent on this desaster of a game. Pray that you don't run out of idiots with wallets, or CVs. :Smile-angry:

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,104 posts
10,311 battles
22 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Giving CoOp mode the same XP and credit income as the player has in Random Battle mode

Lol, no.

• Cool 2

Players
434 posts
6,850 battles

That is strange. I played randoms and ranked yesterday, my day wasn't ruined. How is it possible? 

Seriously, the interest in operations is way too low to justify any resources spend on them by wg, and giving coop the same xp as randoms? nope! you get your results and wins gifted in coop, why would you get the same rewards for it? Its a fun mode, not more, not less.

• Cool 1

[BIF]
Players
456 posts
5,969 battles

I dont mind the rewards in coop, what i hate is , that the base xp mission requirements are the same for PVE and PVP players. For example, 40k base xp is alot in coop, thats around 80-100 battle. And i dont see often these 5 minute matches, that some players think all coop matches are.

[TOHOU]
Players
312 posts
4,560 battles

good games with co op and some flags nets you 2k something ish , only problem is when you have missions with get 2k  base exp - which are impossible

also players are mostly friendlier in coop and scenarios

also there is max 1 cv in co op limit so yay xD

probably co op brings most money to wg as well

• Cool 1

Players
1,088 posts

I notice the damage-based daily missions are back (presumably thanks to Big *unt), personally I wish they'd keep them around all the time. It makes for much better equivalency between Co-op and Random to have 10k/20k/60k damage instead of 250/500/1000bxp.

It would certainly be nice to have more love given to Ops; of course the usual answer is 'not enough people play them to make it worth the resources', but has WG actually ever volunteered the data? They'll put together an entirely new game mode like Big *unt, but won't even bring back the things that were in Ops before they pulled them; Co-op is fun enough but even then it's still locked out of all sorts of missions etc. It's a shame they seem to have so little respect for their PvE playerbase.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TBU]
Players
130 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, NobleSauvage sagte:

It's a shame they seem to have so little respect for their PvE playerbase.

They need PVP cannonfodder for their CV sh*t show. Griefing the bots does not satisfy those lowlives.

[INTRO]
Players
911 posts
19,091 battles
Vor 21 Minuten, NobleSauvage sagte:

It would certainly be nice to have more love given to Ops; of course the usual answer is 'not enough people play them to make it worth the resources', but has WG actually ever volunteered the data? They'll put together an entirely new game mode like Big *unt, but won't even bring back the things that were in Ops before they pulled them; Co-op is fun enough but even then it's still locked out of all sorts of missions etc. It's a shame they seem to have so little respect for their PvE playerbase.

The problem is, that special events are always heavily monetized with camos and lootboxes. That is probably also the main reason they never repeated the bathtub battles, because they cannot sell expensive camos on T1.:Smile_child:

Meanwhile, operations do not bring any immediate and measurable revenue and some used to be excellent to reliably farm resources. I remember when cherry blossom came out I could get 2k+ base XP every time and finished grinding through Chapayev, Baltimore and Edinburgh in one week.

• Cool 3

[NECRO]
Players
3,149 posts
Vor 21 Minuten, herrjott sagte:

they cannot sell expensive camos on T1.

T1 is free of the almighty WG air force. That's already a big incentive to play there. Add some T1 torpedo boats and ironclad battleships, and I'm in.

• Cool 2

Players
1,088 posts
2 hours ago, herrjott said:

The problem is, that special events are always heavily monetized with camos and lootboxes. That is probably also the main reason they never repeated the bathtub battles, because they cannot sell expensive camos on T1.:Smile_child:

Meanwhile, operations do not bring any immediate and measurable revenue and some used to be excellent to reliably farm resources. I remember when cherry blossom came out I could get 2k+ base XP every time and finished grinding through Chapayev, Baltimore and Edinburgh in one week.

This has the ring of sad-but-true about it for sure. Of course, if they had a half-competent marketing team put their minds to it, it would be simplicity itself to monetise Ops: have a few T6s (and T7s for Narai) on rotation every week in the shop, bundle them with some economic (and fire extinguishing!) flags (have a separate bundle with the flags on their own in the kind of numbers that someone might go through in a week, necessitating more next time), maybe some premium time for good measure; call it an Ops Supply Drop or something, keep it rotating a fair amount, watch the profits roll in from all that lovely combined novelty and FOMO.

The beauty is, it would incentivise them to bring back higher-tier Ops again so they could sell more expensive ships. Kick the whole thing off with a fancy event featuring some Ops-exclusive missions leading to a couple of T6 permacamos for some likely Ops ships (Leander springs to mind), which WG have proven they're happy to give away for such events.

Of course, all that would only make sense for a company with a 'part of our game isn't so popular, how can we promote it more?' mentality, instead of a 'this is costing us resources and distracting players from easier-to-make game modes, how do we kill it?' one.

• Cool 2

[COMFY]
Players
1,530 posts
8,830 battles

Dunkirk and Cherry blossom were one of the coolest operation/event scenarios ever made in WoWs.

Cool things introduced there like mines, flares or land based planes.

Everything after that,  those sci fi events are f... pointless and waste of time and effort. 

• Cool 4

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
8 hours ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

-Giving CoOp mode the same XP and credit income as the player has in Random Battle mode

That would just make co-op bots fighting bots, could be interesting, battle of the bots, who can program the better bot, wargaming or some obscure kitchen-table programmer on a Russian forum.

[NECRO]
Players
3,149 posts
Vor 12 Stunden, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor sagte:

When it would be so easy...

Why not create a training room league for those who came here for the "historical naval battles with historical ships"? Fk XP and creds, it's not worth any amount of rewards if there is no fun in other PVP modes.

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
1,403 posts
14,536 battles
10 hours ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Dunkirk and Cherry blossom were one of the coolest operation/event scenarios ever made in WoWs.

Cool things introduced there like mines, flares or land based planes.

Everything after that,  those sci fi events are f... pointless and waste of time and effort. 

It is completely baffling to me that WG puts a ton of effort into creating beautiful historical ships and then trash it all with stupid and ugly camos, OP paper ships and silly scifi events :cap_happy:

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this