You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Humorpalanta

Is this the worst state of the game ever?

197 comments in this topic

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,728 posts
11,815 battles

Hello guys.

I was trying to play some games and I just failed so hard. Only the newest OP shi(t)ps are doing good. Thunderer, Smaland and ofc CVs and Russian ships. Everything else is just a pain.

Hindenburg is meh. Mino is okayish. Zao is just lol. Go home.

Tried to give the game a chance after the skill rework but it is pfff. Gone.

Not mad or anything. The whole thing is just a lackluster...

What do you guys think? What ships do you play?

• Cool 21

Players
2,244 posts
9,149 battles
4 minutes ago, Humorpalanta said:

Hello guys.

I was trying to play some games and I just failed so hard. Only the newest OP shi(t)ps are doing good. Thunderer, Smaland and ofc CVs and Russian ships. Everything else is just a pain.

Don’t play in the weekend, or play ranked bronze where you can carry. Or play lower tiers.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,145 posts
22,944 battles

I'm slowly turning into a coop only player.

Tried playing some old favorites recently and I never felt so powerless. It feels as if WG is speeding up  the power creep. Subjective feelings, I know.

For now I decided not to spend any more cash.

• Cool 20

Players
454 posts

Spam HE with thunderer

spam HE with haru 

spam HE with midway

occasionally take petro and try to quick flank, if I take a BB down with me in 5 min I’m happy.

try to cit their cv in the beginning with my Vermont 

that’s all I do in this game atm. Before the rework I played almost all my ships

• Cool 1

[TBU]
Players
130 posts
Vor 5 Minuten, GarrusBrutus sagte:

Newer players who don't know "how it used to be" will not experience the current game like that because they cannot compare.

Well, I can imagine it must have been a lot better before my time, because else this game would be abandonware today.

As a sidenote: Does WG hate European DD? Grinding this line is the most horrible experience. Smokeless boats with tiny guns and the feeble punch of a torpedo bomber.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

image.thumb.png.41254d01c3f544f8e97d04a0b31acd20.png

Ships ive played this year

Worst of those was definetely Kagero :cap_fainting:

Most were fun except Bourgogne, Stalingrad, Kremlin, Albemarle and Benham. Small sample size ofc, but i think people see "OP/Steel" ships and they just camp harder or run away... then i rather pick some underdog ship.

[LEEUW]
Players
3,144 posts
10,750 battles
1 minute ago, Piratenmaedchen said:

Well, I can imagine it must have been a lot better before my time, because else this game would be abandonware today.

It was. Fell truly in love with it back in the day and played a ton of it as you can see by my battle count. Too bad WG figured out they could earn sh!ttons of money of off b******t premiums and early access shenanigans.

Honestly up until some point i was really looking forward to each update because the game would get noticably better each update.

I'd even suggest the game to friends back in the day.

Now it seems like they are stuffing more and more content down our throats to either grind or buy, completely disregarding ingame balance or enjoyment.

Just look at these new upcoming ships..... like WHUT?! 

The game would be better off and more enjoyable without thunderer, FDR, Smolensk, petropavlovsk, kremlin, etc. etc. etc.

• Cool 19

[FMJ]
Players
179 posts
26 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I'm slowly turning into a coop only player

Try out the operations as a middle ground. They are a bit more interesting than CoOp and I think the AI may be a little bit better. Its interesting having varying objections in a battle rather than who can kill the dim AI fastest.

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
Players
260 posts
945 battles

Tiers 5, 6, and 9, are the sweet spots. T7 and 8 are constantly uptiered and no fun to play anymore. The idiotic CV Rework had one positive effect: because of WG's obsession with ramming CVs down everyone's throats, it had to put more T5 ships in T5 matches, so you are uptiered to T7 less. T9 is often top tier and when uptiered, its only 1 tier.

It's really time for WG to combine all the servers so we can have 1 or 2 tier spread depending on what the players choose, and revive all the dead operations. Right now the game is at the absolute worst its been since the horrible era when you could have 2v1 CVs and the 1 CV was two tiers lower. 

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
31,061 posts
15,715 battles
1 hour ago, Humorpalanta said:

Hello guys.

It does not really matter what ships you play, but how you play them.

Good play gives good results, but not always the win

This morning:

Spoiler

Most of the team went to a corner, despite being advised differently from the start.

Lack of agression and a full health BB to the end made the loss final. Still good result for me.

125998_155_1616235829.jpg

125998_211_1616235828.jpg

Next team decided to sabotage the win from the start. Friendly DD smokes up in cap and blocks sight for everyone and gets torped out of the smoke. Cruiser does the same --> -2 ships.

Still ok for me.

126002_247_1616238161.jpg

126002_922_1616238161.jpg

That are the ships I played since the skill rework:

image.thumb.png.257c3ec55d6338387c3c3cb47681cb91.png

• Funny 1
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles

i uninstalled a few weeks ago.

so imo, yes, the game has gone full rectum weasel.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 2

Players
605 posts
5,063 battles
51 minutes ago, SodaBubbles said:

Tiers 5, 6, and 9, are the sweet spots. T7 and 8 are constantly uptiered and no fun to play anymore. The idiotic CV Rework had one positive effect: because of WG's obsession with ramming CVs down everyone's throats, it had to put more T5 ships in T5 matches, so you are uptiered to T7 less. T9 is often top tier and when uptiered, its only 1 tier.

It's really time for WG to combine all the servers so we can have 1 or 2 tier spread depending on what the players choose, and revive all the dead operations. Right now the game is at the absolute worst its been since the horrible era when you could have 2v1 CVs and the 1 CV was two tiers lower. 

I play lots of T5-6 right now. The good side is that you can genuinely influence the match, especially in a division. The bad side is that your teammates are often authentically new to the game/inexperienced/casual. So you end up (silently or in discord) raging at them for misplaying, at a tier where such misplays are to be expected. That said, it is frustrating to watch the one decent BB on the enemy team pick apart 3 of your broadsiding n00b BB drivers one by one, and throw a certain win.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,037 posts

Tried a few games yesterday and last friday/saturday.

The players don't even try.

Only times I try these days is when I'm drunk enough.

• Cool 4

[-TPF-]
Players
4,669 posts
19,137 battles
1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

I'm slowly turning into a coop only player.

Even Co-op is a bit, er *odd* at the moment. I took a break over Feb/early Mar and came back to test out the Conte Di Cavour (nice little ship, a bit like the Lyon) and this morning was full of the strangest match play I've ever seen. Have they made the game available through another platform and there are lots of new new players?

• Cool 2

Players
6,674 posts

I'd say I can be excrementely happy with the way things are.. let's see...

Coop is challenging because everyone including everyone's grandmas and pets are now playing Coop. Very hard to do missions now.

Randoms are mind-numbingly tedious because the bulk of your team is actually worse than you are...

Ranked... since they ruined that mode I can't even play ranked which I always used to look forward to for some little variation and nice goodies.

Ops... Ops?... we got some, but I think we are missing about half of the old ops we used to have, and no sign of any new history-inspired scenarios or other content on the horizon.

Ocean is rarer than teeth on hen.

I don't currently see any reason to spend any more money on this game, so I'm happy, or at least my imaginary account is very happy, to be exact...

• Cool 8

Players
6,674 posts
1 hour ago, Piratenmaedchen said:

As a sidenote: Does WG hate European DD? Grinding this line is the most horrible experience. Smokeless boats with tiny guns and the feeble punch of a torpedo bomber.

You need to .. oh.. never mind, you need to learn to manage those smokefree ships. I'm not exactly the master of type of play, but as an open water player I actually prefer smokefree DD's in a way, because they will teach you the benefit of smart tactics, when to shoot and when to fold. The torpedoes are somewhat difficult, as they mostly tend to just scrape the paintwork of your target, whereas just one torp hit to your boat can blow you out of the water.

[TBU]
Players
130 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Karasu_Hidesuke sagte:

You need to .. oh.. never mind, you need to learn to manage those smokefree ships. I'm not exactly the master of type of play, but as an open water player I actually prefer smokefree DD's in a way, because they will teach you the benefit of smart tactics, when to shoot and when to fold. The torpedoes are somewhat difficult, as they mostly tend to just scrape the paintwork of your target, whereas just one torp hit to your boat can blow you out of the water.

Remove all those CVs, and I am fine without smoke.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[CAG]
Players
433 posts
15,555 battles

Yes, because it has been developing in a negative direction for a long time.

The sad thing is that no turnaround is to be expected, as Wargaming does not register this course when you read and hear their statements.

• Cool 5

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,105 posts
10,311 battles
13 minutes ago, Piratenmaedchen said:

Remove all those CVs, and I am fine without smoke.

Get to tier 9. Most CVs stop being a problem after you do.

• Cool 1

Players
6,674 posts
1 minute ago, SV_Kompresor said:

Get to tier 9. Most CVs stop being a problem after you do.

Though they can still spot a DD no matter how bad they are. There are times when you don't want to be spotted in a DD (think of it like it was a bathtub).

• Cool 2

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,037 posts
18 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

and then there are submarines incoming lol

qF7aA.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 12

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,105 posts
10,311 battles
2 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Though they can still spot a DD no matter how bad they are. There are times when you don't want to be spotted in a DD (think of it like it was a bathtub).

And lose all their planes doing so, yes. I consider getting 20+ plane kills in every other match pretty fun.

• Boring 1