MadSlob

arkansas beta

10 comments in this topic

[-FE-]
[-FE-]
Players
37 posts
4,418 battles

Here's a thought...How about finally putting some AA guns on the arkansas beta so that it can go a little way to defending itself against aircraft..I find it incredulous that with the rise of the CV ingame that this capital ship has absolutely nothing to defend itself with....Even token aa is better than nothing...come on wargaming...us beta testers earned that ship  allow us to play it without getting the crap bombed and torpedoed out of us:)

Weekend Tester
1,151 posts
9,101 battles

Lets ignore the fact that the ship is OP in every other aspect... Not to mention having 6 Module slots on tier 4...

• Cool 1

[-FE-]
[-FE-]
Players
37 posts
4,418 battles

then reduce the slots...id rather have a ship that i would like to use ...I agree that in every other way its great but i for one have no objection to nerfing its ability to have some kind of defense against aircraft...its a bb  and needs this

• Bad 2

[-FE-]
[-FE-]
Players
37 posts
4,418 battles

Just played a game in the old gal......as predicted i got minced by a CV....many bounces off the italian  tier 4 BB as he knew how to angle his ship...take away 3 equiptment slots and give it the chance it deserves.Extra slots are no use in a game where 2 cvs are pounding the hell out of your ship :)

[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,074 posts
6,435 battles

USS Arkansas is one of the brightest examples of U.S. battleships. While having relatively a low speed of travel and firing range, Arkansas is characterized by good manoeuvrability, well-armoured citadel, and anti-torpedo defense system. She is equipped with anti-aircraft armaments and multiple primary guns.

You just need to read the Introduction News from 10/06/2015: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/cbt-rewards/

@Tanatoy@Sehales: Where are the promised AA armaments? Or why does this article contain wrong information (english and german page) for over 5 years?

• Cool 2

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,083 posts
10,289 battles

I'd be happy with just a 9mm pistol on it. At least give it placebo AA.

[-FE-]
[-FE-]
Players
37 posts
4,418 battles

well done spartan...jeez never knew this page existed...wargaming have renegaded on its promise of AA guns on Arkansas beta...Maybe the Devs can tell us why?"...or just rebalance the ship to take into account that Cvs play a prominent role in this game!

[THESO]
Players
8,158 posts
41,949 battles
23 hours ago, MadSlob said:

Here's a thought...How about finally putting some AA guns on the arkansas beta so that it can go a little way to defending itself against aircraft..I find it incredulous that with the rise of the CV ingame that this capital ship has absolutely nothing to defend itself with....Even token aa is better than nothing...come on wargaming...us beta testers earned that ship  allow us to play it without getting the crap bombed and torpedoed out of us:)

There’s a new T5 BB Agincourt which is still in testing and also doesn’t have a single AA gun. On T5. So it’ll see T6 carriers like Ryujo and Loewenhardt.... heh.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
6,675 posts
2,292 battles
On 3/20/2021 at 4:36 PM, Spartan_93 said:

You just need to read the Introduction News from 10/06/2015: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/cbt-rewards/

@Tanatoy@Sehales: Where are the promised AA armaments? Or why does this article contain wrong information (english and german page) for over 5 years?

I honestly do not know. That was 2 months before I joined Wargaming.

I will see if I can get any info on it, but quite frankly, Arkansas Beta is very strong already. Giving her AA would make her too good imo and nerfing her other aspects would kind of remove the fun of playing that ship. She is also a premium ship and reward ship, so nerfing her would probably be equally bad.

I can generally recommend to play her in division.

[F_M_B]
Beta Tester
1,074 posts
6,435 battles
50 minutes ago, Sehales said:

I honestly do not know. That was 2 months before I joined Wargaming.

I will see if I can get any info on it, but quite frankly, Arkansas Beta is very strong already. Giving her AA would make her too good imo and nerfing her other aspects would kind of remove the fun of playing that ship. She is also a premium ship and reward ship, so nerfing her would probably be equally bad.

I can generally recommend to play her in division.

I have two suggestions:

1. Give her an additional hull similar to Wyomings B-hull (AA instead of secondary, maybe with little longe reload), so players can choose their favorite one, just like the Harekaze.
    • Since you keep the "A-Hull" the rebalanced B-Hull is not a nerf.
    • You still have the old fun way of playing this ship by using "A-hull".
  2. Just fix the wrong statement in the article.

I would prefer suggestion 1.

Sign in to follow this