Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pcharky

Teamkill penalty due to bots <cringe>

10 comments in this topic

[WEWAR]
Players
5 posts
5,092 battles

The most crazy stupendous thing is.... teamkill penalty due to bots having been coded to be complete oafs. Turning into blatently well aimed torpedos. Not having any sense not to turn into you and just KEEP PUSHING INTO YOU. Really....

It is supercringe to have to come to terms with WG penalizing us for a botched up coding job. Really guys... it cannot be like this. This is a game mechanic which is beyond stupid.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 3

[NECRO]
Players
5,240 posts

If your torpedoes could hit allies, you should not launch them.

Bots do not check your stats, so they do not know that you are a risk (your PR in destroyers and cruisers show that "well aimed torpedoes" are not your particular field of expertise).

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Players
1,303 posts
6,947 battles

The most crazy stupendous thing is that you have over 4k battles and still fire torps from the second line. I expect you also think second line torps are fine so long as they dont hit friendlies.

hint? They’re not. You are as likely to kill a friendly dd by forcing him to focus on your “friendly” torps while he is brawling in the cap, or force him to sail or turn predictably to avoid torps and give the enemy a free shot.

• Cool 3

[-TPF-]
Players
5,149 posts
21,125 battles
1 hour ago, arttuperkunas said:

hint? They’re not. You are as likely to kill a friendly dd by forcing him to focus on your “friendly” torps while he is brawling in the cap, or force him to sail or turn predictably to avoid torps and give the enemy a free shot.

It's a Co-op game and the friendly bots on the green team are as dumb as the ones on the red team - worse, since there are many examples of "friendly" bots firing torpedoes at their own side. That means the human player loses out because of WG's bad AI coding. The disciplinary system is right for Randoms/Ranked, but friendly fire in Co-op should use a different system because the impact of the player's actions is completely different. What it should do is *heavily* reduce resources obtained from each game. Players who are clumsy or who grief others would not progress, players who play properly would learn and be rewarded. 

Beta Tester
1,551 posts

i love to catch friendly torps from behind and so I do whatever possible to do that ...

it rarely happens in random (pretty hard to do when polishing the map border) but in coop it is rather easy

Players
1,303 posts
6,947 battles
9 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

i love to catch friendly torps from behind and so I do whatever possible to do that ...

it rarely happens in random (pretty hard to do when polishing the map border) but in coop it is rather easy

I have to admit, I do the same in co-op, in the vain hope that the lengthened team kill penalties will teach those players a lesson. Extra points if the torper is already pink.

• Bad 1

[FMJ]
Players
182 posts
3 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

friendly fire in Co-op should use a different system because the impact of the player's actions is completely different

I would completely disagree. A lot of people play CoOp before moving on to random. Any bad habits they pick up in CoOp, like 2nd line torps, they carry over into Random games. The unspoken rule should be the same across all game modes, your torps your fault.

[-TPF-]
Players
5,149 posts
21,125 battles
49 minutes ago, Gebbly said:

A lot of people play CoOp before moving on to random.

True, but it would easy enough to give different rules for lower Co-op tiers (as "training mode").

Operations have no team damage, and have lost nothing as a result. They are played seriously by the vast majority of players.  Higher tier Co-op should be regarded the same way, it's silly that a fun, low-stress brawling mode,  has newbie "Careful Now" disciplinary penalties attached to it. 

[CAIN]
Players
4,995 posts
21,590 battles
9 hours ago, Pcharky said:

The most crazy stupendous thing is.... teamkill penalty due to bots having been coded to be complete oafs. Turning into blatently well aimed torpedos. Not having any sense not to turn into you and just KEEP PUSHING INTO YOU. Really....

It is supercringe to have to come to terms with WG penalizing us for a botched up coding job. Really guys... it cannot be like this. This is a game mechanic which is beyond stupid.

It's supercringe when people fail to realize: Your torps, your responsibility.

If there is a chance you might hit a friendly, don't launch them.

It's beyond stupid if you do.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this