Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Elsury

Alexander Nevsky

8 comments in this topic

[0INK]
[0INK]
Players
2 posts
10,357 battles

In your opinion the Soviet cruiser A. Nevsky should use IFHE or not? U prefer to have 15% more penetration (30mm to 37mm) or use the base 13% Fire chance (with IFHE become 6,5%). Give me your opinion and explain why. I personally prefer to use it without IFHE but i would like to know what u think. THX all for answers. 

Players
454 posts

I think I have it without ifhe and range instead of reload module. Shooting from 22 km annoys the enemy and that’s why I play this game

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 2

[SHAD]
Players
3,795 posts
15,175 battles

I never use IFHE on a light cruiser.

The fire chance reduction is huge and the amount of 32mm armour on a lot of battleships is not that high.

If everyone was in thunderers I may re spec it as IFHE lets you pen french and British battleships all over.

• Cool 2

Players
2,163 posts
13,092 battles
4 hours ago, Elsury said:

Give me your opinion and explain why.

My opinion is, that this thread is in the wrong forum. For the why: we have a dedicated cruiser subforum for questions about builds and specific ship. Posting cruiser build questions there will help others who search for cruiser builds, because this is usually the first place to look for an answer. :Smile_honoring:

[LEEUW]
Players
3,160 posts
10,750 battles
5 hours ago, Elsury said:

In your opinion the Soviet cruiser A. Nevsky should use IFHE or not? U prefer to have 15% more penetration (30mm to 37mm) or use the base 13% Fire chance (with IFHE become 6,5%). Give me your opinion and explain why. I personally prefer to use it without IFHE but i would like to know what u think. THX all for answers. 

No. Just use HE to set fires and on DDs/ angled targets. For the rest use AP, because nevsky AP is really good. 

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles

IFHE is becoming more and more useless these days thanks to WG giving all BBs 40-50mm+ armor on the midsection, especially on TX.

- Germans: IFHE is useless (only works on bow/stern, but hitting superstructure is much easier)

- Russians: IFHE is useless (essentially, small spots on the bow and the stern) and except Slava, there it actually would help.

- IJN T9-10 BBs 57mm deck. 32mm bow/stern/upper belt, but if you can aim at the upper belt, might aswell try AP, except Hizen, which has 32mm armor everywhere.

- US BBs: 38mm midsection - IFHE only works bow/stern, still slightly better than on russians and germans, as the area is bigger.

- Italians: only works Bow/Stern, same as americans

- French: IFHE works everywhere due to 32mm armor

- British: Same as french

So... yeah, its basicly useless more often than it helps, because ships like Conq/Thun are notorious backline campers, which you can hardly engage. Even the french BBs will play further back thanks to their squishy armor. And ships that tend to be closer to the frontlines, like russians/germans/italians with their shorter ranges, will shatter IFHE HE shells anyway. Except now you slashed your firechance in half.

• Cool 1

[ZEN]
Players
1,446 posts
14,996 battles
5 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

IFHE is becoming more and more useless these days thanks to WG giving all BBs 40-50mm+ armor on the midsection, especially on TX.

- Germans: IFHE is useless (only works on bow/stern, but hitting superstructure is much easier)

- Russians: IFHE is useless (essentially, small spots on the bow and the stern) and except Slava, there it actually would help.

- IJN T9-10 BBs 57mm deck. 32mm bow/stern/upper belt, but if you can aim at the upper belt, might aswell try AP, except Hizen, which has 32mm armor everywhere.

- US BBs: 38mm midsection - IFHE only works bow/stern, still slightly better than on russians and germans, as the area is bigger.

- Italians: only works Bow/Stern, same as americans

- French: IFHE works everywhere due to 32mm armor

- British: Same as french

So... yeah, its basicly useless more often than it helps, because ships like Conq/Thun are notorious backline campers, which you can hardly engage. Even the french BBs will play further back thanks to their squishy armor. And ships that tend to be closer to the frontlines, like russians/germans/italians with their shorter ranges, will shatter IFHE HE shells anyway. Except now you slashed your firechance in half.

Agreed, also the fact that they keep nerfing what is now called Demoman which was used to offset the Fire Chance penalty, it used to be 3% then 2% now 1%... I think the only ship where you might still consider IFHE is the Mogami as it get the extra 1mm of pen to put it over the US BB midsection armour with 38mm of pen, but that is just like 3 more ships it helps with...

• Cool 1

[VIBES]
Players
921 posts
20,263 battles

Imho IFHE is at best a tradeoff these days, often a net downgrade. Certainly a downgrade compared to other skills that give you a net positive.

• Cool 1