Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Supersubway

Do not get Marco Polo. Ever.

61 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
105 posts
11,092 battles

SAP is nice. But you can't hit a thing and have to wait 33 seconds to try again. What's the point of this ship? Do not waste any time my friends.  

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,879 posts
6,468 battles
11 minutes ago, Supersubway said:

SAP is nice. But you can't hit a thing and have to wait 33 seconds to try again. What's the point of this ship? Do not waste any time my friends.  

Here's a crazy idea, try her AP.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,152 posts
22,966 battles
13 minutes ago, Supersubway said:

I was excited as the ship promised to be Roma at T9. A bit inaccurate but tanky. WG then took a dump on it.

Lucky me, I don't have enough coal to buy it, so I managed to watch some people play it. Then I read LWM's review.

It's a damn shame too.

• Cool 5

[LD3V]
Players
295 posts
1,492 battles
5 minuti fa, lafeel ha scritto:

I agree, I don't even bother using SAP on italian BBs. AP is the way.

[NWP]
Players
3,708 posts
18,027 battles
6 minutes ago, lafeel said:

And changing to AP changes nothing to the two points OP mentioned about gun performance.

• Cool 4

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,879 posts
6,468 battles
1 minute ago, KommodorevonKlein said:

I agree, I don't even bother using SAP on italian BBs. AP is the way.

Unless the target you're shooting at is severely angled against you, or isn't a dd and has less than either 92mm (381) or 102mm (406) of armor somewhere that's really going to hurt.

[CATS]
Players
31,090 posts
15,723 battles
23 minutes ago, Supersubway said:

To blow stuff up.

Hint: One can shorten the reload.

Spoiler

125958_883_1616183308.jpg

• Bad 1

Players
2,244 posts
9,153 battles
27 minutes ago, Supersubway said:

Juump into Ohio, you can hit even less.

• Bad 2

Players
2,043 posts
3,825 battles
Proprio ora, Ocsimano18 ha scritto:

you can hit even less.

excuse me? Ohio has Warspite dispersion with 2.0 sigma are you sure you're running the dispesrion upgrade?

• Cool 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,879 posts
6,468 battles
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Hint: One can shorten the reload.

More than one method to, hint: I'm using both.

Players
2,244 posts
9,153 battles
Just now, wot_2016_gunner said:

excuse me? Ohio has Warspite dispersion with 2.0 sigma are you sure you're running the dispesrion upgrade?

I’m running the dispersion upgrade but no deadeye, was thinking that she needs to get closer. But I can’t with the current random meta. Also I have fire prevention.

Players
2,043 posts
3,825 battles

Ohio should be still very accurate; my problem with Marco is that just like the rest of the line it has identity crysis: a brawler that can't brawl; a mid range sniper that can't snipe and a ship with a tanky armour scheme but with 15k+ HP less than the other brawlers

• Cool 3

Players
2,244 posts
9,153 battles
56 minutes ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

Ohio should be still very accurate; my problem with Marco is that just like the rest of the line it has identity crysis: a brawler that can't brawl; a mid range sniper that can't snipe and a ship with a tanky armour scheme but with 15k+ HP less than the other brawlers

You’re watching Flamu a bit too much. In the current meta all brawlers have an identity crisis as they cannot brawl. Secondary guns also have an identity crisis, as they cannot hit. BTW, the biggest issue for brawling with Marco is the slow turret traverse and the slow reload. The less HP was given to compensate the strong armor. The problem is that it makes her vulnerable against torpedoes, especially with the below average torp protection. Also capping SAP to 10% against DDs is not justified. Some capping is needed, but they should be on pair with HE against DDs. Marco has no tools against DDs, and DDs decide most games. That’s her major weskness.

Ohio has better sigma but less guns. Marco has 12.5% more shells per salvo. Also Marco’s SAP shell damage is more than the double of Ohio’s HE damage. Ohio has worse shell arcs and speed making more misses at distance.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
2 hours ago, Supersubway said:

She performed ok for me in the few battles I tried her in...

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,879 posts
6,468 battles
29 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Ohio has better sigma but less guns. Marco has 12.5% more shells per salvo. Also Marco’s SAP shell damage is more than the double of Ohio’s HE damage. Ohio has worse shell arcs and speed making more misses at distance.

Haven't checked, but I also bet that the Marco's SAP pen is considerably higher than Ohio's HE pen..

Players
2,244 posts
9,153 battles

Flamu: Marco Polo is ok/fine as of now, with dead eye:

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
31,090 posts
15,723 battles
43 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Flamu: Marco Polo is ok/fine as of now, with dead eye:

He complains about Dead Eye and then promotes it...

My Marco Polo runs fine without it.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 3

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,879 posts
6,468 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Let's be honest, even before his ejection from the CC program flamuu was not exactly the best source out there.

He tends to form a opinion early on and stick with it even in the face of proof of his initial opinion being mistaken.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[R3B3L]
Players
1,425 posts
32,703 battles

I was considering getting Marco on 1st day which would had left me with ~7k coal. But then I remembered that WG sometimes makes last minute "adjustments" and decided to wait :cap_tea: I don´t feel any pressure anymore to get a new ship asap which is already announced to be nerfed soon (DeadEye-change). Even though the change is needed - it would damage my new toy.

So I was playing my other game and today I crafted a historic bolt-action rifle :cap_win:

[CAIN]
Players
4,939 posts
20,778 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Uhm, no.

While he is occasionally biased, he does not promote toxic crap.

He is not promoting dead eye, as he is clearly against that skill.

He is saying that the ship isn't neither good nor bad, but performs better with dead eye.

He also said, in earlier vids, that dead eye is the dumbest thing and quite toxic for rhe game, yet, if you play BBs, you're essentially gimping yourself by NOT using it.

There is a difference between promoting sh*t, and explaining why it's basically mandatory to run on most BB builds, despite being dumb and toxic. 

If i'd played BBs atm, i'd be running dead eye too, although I wouldn't sit in the back of the map. Why would i NOT use a broken skill that gives me a clear advantage?

I haven't specced any of my BB captains,  as i predicted that WG will change/ or remove dead eye and I can't be arsed to either spend money or time on changing my builds, so none of my captains has any skills assigned.

In regards to the MP, i bought it but haven't played it yet.

BBs don't appeal to me at all atm, so she'll remain a port queen until i have a reason to play BBs anx of course this whole dead eye crap fiesta has been removed or reworked. 

I have to fight the urge to get Austin right now...must save steel....

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1

Players
2,165 posts
13,094 battles
5 hours ago, Aragathor said:

I was excited as the ship promised to be Roma at T9. A bit inaccurate but tanky. WG then took a dump on it.

Lucky me, I don't have enough coal to buy it, so I managed to watch some people play it. Then I read LWM's review.

It's a damn shame too.

Check the YT channel of above average to superunicum players from o7 who made reviews. Pretty much all of them have nothing good to say about this ship, some even consider it the worst BB experience in years. Also many streamer/YT guys who play it for hours to get some good footage throw the towel, because apparently there are not really good games unless all planets in the solar system align in the exact moment an elephant falls of an apple tree.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
69 posts
6,413 battles

All of the Italian BB's are wrecks because Weegee have insisted they have SAP shells on the main armament. These shells are so powerful the guns have lost every other good trait to pay for them. 

The Italian BB line could've been decent with normal AP and HE with SAP secondaries (since the 90mm HE is worthless anyways) that way you could get normal reload on the guns and maybe even normal accuracy. But alas, weegee must have their gimmick and so the Italian BB's are gonna blow for it. 

• Cool 4

Players
2,244 posts
9,153 battles
2 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

He is saying that the ship isn't neither good nor bad, but performs better with dead eye.He also said, in earlier vids, that dead eye is the dumbest thing and quite toxic for rhe game, yet, if you play BBs, you're essentially gimping yourself by NOT using it.....

He said Marco Polo was ok/fine/above average/had fun with it with dead eye. He does not recommend to get her because of deadeye being removed. I”m not sure about the llast point. We’ll only know how dead eye will be reworked once we see it.

Players
2,244 posts
9,153 battles
2 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Check the YT channel of above average to superunicum players from o7 who made reviews. Pretty much all of them have nothing good to say about this ship, some even consider it the worst BB experience in years. Also many streamer/YT guys who play it for hours to get some good footage throw the towel, because apparently there are not really good games unless all planets in the solar system align in the exact moment an elephant falls of an apple tree.

Flamu is super unicum, had good games with her, showcased one with 250k damage.

Being a super unicum does not mean that you are capable to quickly asses the capabilities of a new ship. A lot of new ships, like Venezia, were considered underpowered by unicums/streamers at release. It’s one thing to be an expert of using and old tool, and another one to quickly learn/evaluate the use of a new tool. 

Sign in to follow this