You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ocsimano18

Ohio vs Marco Polo -- Scandal

47 comments in this topic

Players
2,244 posts
9,140 battles

Guys, this was not a troll post. This is my initial impression after a few battles. With Marco a bad hit means 5k, with Ohio it’s 2k. You can barely hit anything at range. I was kind of expecting more of Marco Polo, and thought that I’ll get a treat after finally unlocking the Ohio, and the differnce will be enourmous as claimed by some others. After getting used to Marco’s gunner, Ohio was a step back. Maybe Ohio would work at closer ranges, but how are you supposed to get closer in the current meta?

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,681 posts
18,027 battles
1 minute ago, Ocsimano18 said:

but how are you supposed to get closer in the current meta?

W key :cap_tea:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 19

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
2 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

but how are you supposed to get closer in the current meta?

The same way you always could, use your w key.

Players
2,244 posts
9,140 battles
2 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

W key :cap_tea:

I mean while. staying alive. Your team camps behind, the enemy ships are clustered and can easily focus you out of the battle.

[THESO]
Players
662 posts
13,121 battles

This was my first game in the Ohio, a couple months back.

It is a great ship. It has the BEST secondary battery in game, so try to make it work. Get the maximum secondary range and dispersion, but maybe sacrifice some reload.

But accept that some battles will be frustrating if you cannot reasonably close the distance. Compared to Georgia, it suffers from being sluggish. 

No description available.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
1 minute ago, asalonen said:

But accept that some battles will be frustrating if you cannot reasonably close the distance. Compared to Georgia, it suffers from being sluggish. 

To be entirely fair, there are times when you just can't close the distance. Or games where good damage just wasn't there for  you to get for various reasons, like say..Team being too good.

And, contrary to popular belief that's not always the ship's fault.

• Cool 3

[SWAMP]
Players
364 posts
8,856 battles
Just now, asalonen said:

It is a great ship. It has the BEST secondary battery in game, so try to make it work. Get the maximum secondary range and dispersion, but maybe sacrifice some reload.

"BEST secondary battery in game, so try to make it work. " Do you really believe that you can come to close while too much dead eye HE spammers in the games? :cap_haloween:

Players
1,112 posts
11,995 battles
15 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Guys, this was not a troll post.

It it makes you feel any better, I have profound hatred towards Slava.

Players
2,244 posts
9,140 battles
4 minutes ago, asalonen said:

As you said, a couple. of months back. Everybody remembers Ohio from a couple of months back. Now we have nerfed se ondaries and camping meta.

• Cool 2

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
1 minute ago, mariouus said:

It it makes you feel any better, I have profound hatred towards Slava.

Not the only one, although in my case it's because I hate the idea of a sniping BB.

And before anyone points to my one game in Campagne, I got her out of a xmas container. Will almost certainly only play her for the snowflakes.:Smile-_tongue:

[SWAMP]
Players
364 posts
8,856 battles
1 minute ago, Ocsimano18 said:

As you said, a couple. of months back. Everybody remembers Ohio from a couple of months back. Now we have nerfed se ondaries and camping meta.

Not a nerf to camping meta; now they're trying to camp at out of the map with dead eye:Smile_trollface:

Players
10,374 posts
12,044 battles
40 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Guns should be still as potent as ever while Ohio can equip range mod without compromising Accuracy or Reload one. And angled Montana hull at longer ranges can be outright annoying to deal with

Still, why get Ohio when Georgia existed at tier lower in more fun package?:cap_tea:

Players
2,244 posts
9,140 battles
16 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Guns should be still as potent as ever while Ohio can equip range mod without compromising Accuracy or Reload one. And angled Montana hull at longer ranges can be outright annoying to deal with

Still, why get Ohio when Georgia existed at tier lower in more fun package?:cap_tea:

Because the consensus is that Ohio was the best RB ship that you should get first.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
34 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

'Scandal' is rapidly becoming a buzzword here, overtaking the good old 'scam'... :cap_old:

Got a ways to go before it overtakes "fixed!" and "rigged!" though..

• Funny 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

Ohio has wierd guns, takes a while to get used to them but she grows on you... :Smile_smile:

• Cool 1

[LUZ1]
Players
1,401 posts
14,515 battles
3 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I mean while. staying alive. Your team camps behind, the enemy ships are clustered and can easily focus you out of the battle.

Tada, we have a winner.

Boring as it sounds, it is about git gud. Too many players don't know when and how to close and stay alive. 

• Bad 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
2 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Because the consensus is that Ohio was the best RB ship that you should get first.

That having been said the consensus is that the Paolo Yolo is the most fun one.:Smile-_tongue:

[NWP]
Players
3,681 posts
18,027 battles
12 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

Oh cry me a river. How do squichy CAs and CLs need to move up then?

Players
1,202 posts
25,254 battles
13 hours ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I unlocked both Marco Polo and Ohio this week. I can easily make 100k+ in Marco Polo and get a win, while Ohio is lackluster and barely makes any damage. Overpens Minos, makes 2k hits on BBs, misses most shots, etc. If you're looking for a garbage ship, then it's Ohio.

Ohio is not the ship you pick to steamroll randoms, and it takes some time to get used to the play style that suits her best.

Marco Polo is a well rounded ship that could more easily get you the high damage games you are looking for.

[0KILL]
Players
124 posts

Ohio has a better dispersion, better sigma value better DPM, better reload time and way far better secondaries that have not been needed that much with the rework...

The Marco Polo advantage is the speed and the SAP shells...but I will stick with my Ohio!