Planned Server Restart 23.06.2021 at 04:00 UTC (no downtime) Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pukovnik7

World of Triremes

12 comments in this topic

[D_G]
Players
429 posts
2,706 battles

Considering the weird events World of Warships used to have, is there any chance for a World of Triremes? I think it would be fun change of pace, plus I'm suffering from a bit of a ramming withdrawal ever since I started playing destroyers.

• Cool 6

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,101 posts
11,700 battles

I predict this topic will start a row.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 12

Beta Tester
5,762 posts
22,561 battles

But a ballista at the bow of the trireme and use a gun arc like for Krispy Kreme or Cleveland or so for shots for 500m range - yeah, that would need some re-scaling for the game.. and very small maps... - and it would even teach something about ballistics :cap_rambo:

Players
64 posts
7,193 battles
1 ora fa, Pukovnik7 ha scritto:

Considering the weird events World of Warships used to have, is there any chance for a World of Triremes? I think it would be fun change of pace, plus I'm suffering from a bit of a ramming withdrawal ever since I started playing destroyers.

If you want play with triremes just buy or crack (best if you buy it because it's a great game from the naval aspect) Assassin Creed Odyssey.

[-RDE-]
Players
205 posts
5,278 battles

Before ships was a thing on War thunder they held a holiday event.
No doubt to test the concept of ships.

It was absolutely great fun!!!!!

This was the only video I could find on YT (shame about the quality) 

www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fFg6MarHw

Players
2,588 posts

What's the point? Everyone knows russian triremes would end up best ones in the game anyway...

• Funny 3

[TACHA]
Players
264 posts
945 battles

it wouldn't work, everyone would remain in spawn using the Odysseus Eye skill to shoot arrows at ships 20 kms away. 

• Funny 2

[H_FAN]
Players
2,812 posts
47,513 battles
11 hours ago, Pukovnik7 said:

would consider that a great brawling april fools event 2022. And you can have stronger but less manouverable ships vs the opposite. flamethrowers mega ballistas etc. Powerups etc. Healing etc. Speed gauges are not in knots it is normal speed , battle speed, attack speed , ramming speed but naturally you have limited energy (rowing energy) reserves looks like an interesting thing to build on. 

I must say that the original movie are quite "inspiring". Do i even have to state that the drum should be carried over? :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

[ZEN]
Players
1,446 posts
14,996 battles
20 hours ago, Pukovnik7 said:

We already have them, they are called the Italian BB line, as ramming is the only reliable armament on the ships as the guns are 100% slot machines...

• Funny 2

Players
64 posts
7,193 battles
22 minuti fa, Chaos_Umbra ha scritto:

We already have them, they are called the Italian BB line, as ramming is the only reliable armament on the ships as the guns are 100% slot machines...

In glorious memory of the naval battle of Milazzo during the Punic wars between the Roman Empire and the Carthaginians.
After 2500 years, history repeats itself xD