Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sir_Sinksalot

Any reason WOWS updates have to be always of 1 Gig of downloads?

5 comments in this topic

Players
584 posts
3,828 battles

Hi,

Like most, I play more games than just WoWS and in fact WoWS is far down the pecking order in terms of games I would play but I still like having it for a few battles here and there so would feel it a pity to have to uninstall it on these grounds. Problem is, unlike any other game I play, whenever there's a minor WoWS update it's generally at least 1 gig to 1.5+ gigs of download and while that's ok now and then for the odd major patch etc, it seems way too big for just a change of port for an event that doesn't seem to feature anything else to justify the size of the download. Does a new port really take up that much space? WoT features new garages for their events and they're just small and fast downloads.

When I decide I want to do a bit of gaming after work etc, I just want to power on the pc and pretty much get straight into it, not have to hang about waiting for some bafflingly large download before I do that and when I'm finished gaming, same thing, I just want to power off an leave, not hang about for some download first. 

What this means is I have switched the automatic update off for WoWS and that's a shame because it just means I will play it even less than I already do and edges it a bit closer to uninstall territory. I would prefer to keep the game though because I like it on some level just for a bit of Co-op and Ops fun, really tasty graphics and ships are magnificent but ya, those update sizes! Can devs please trim them down to just the essentials? Do these temp ports etc really HAVE to be that size of a download?

[LSCA]
Players
1,649 posts
12,999 battles

thing is they todo also other things, like adding test ships, game fixes and soo on, now by looking like that , i thing they updates kind off ok.

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
4,099 posts
10,311 battles

I mean...I understand that some places have crappy internet but. If one GB downloads are causing you problems, I can't even imagine what you went through when you were downloading the game.

[SVX]
Players
1,383 posts
16,374 battles
1 hour ago, Sir_Sinksalot said:

Hi,

Like most, I play more games than just WoWS and in fact WoWS is far down the pecking order in terms of games I would play but I still like having it for a few battles here and there so would feel it a pity to have to uninstall it on these grounds. Problem is, unlike any other game I play, whenever there's a minor WoWS update it's generally at least 1 gig to 1.5+ gigs of download and while that's ok now and then for the odd major patch etc, it seems way too big for just a change of port for an event that doesn't seem to feature anything else to justify the size of the download. Does a new port really take up that much space? WoT features new garages for their events and they're just small and fast downloads.

When I decide I want to do a bit of gaming after work etc, I just want to power on the pc and pretty much get straight into it, not have to hang about waiting for some bafflingly large download before I do that and when I'm finished gaming, same thing, I just want to power off an leave, not hang about for some download first. 

What this means is I have switched the automatic update off for WoWS and that's a shame because it just means I will play it even less than I already do and edges it a bit closer to uninstall territory. I would prefer to keep the game though because I like it on some level just for a bit of Co-op and Ops fun, really tasty graphics and ships are magnificent but ya, those update sizes! Can devs please trim them down to just the essentials? Do these temp ports etc really HAVE to be that size of a download?

what kind of internet do you have ? 

it takes like what 5 minutes to download 1 gig ? 

Sign in to follow this