You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

[Poll] Do you play the "Big Hunt" temporary battle type in new WoWs v0.10.2 ?

[Poll] Do you play the "Big Hunt" temporary battle type in new WoWs v0.10.2 ?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play the "Big Hunt" temporary battle type in new WoWs v0.10.2 ?

• Yes (Often)
    • Yes (Sometimes)
    • I will try it sometime... hopefully...
    • No (and I have no intention of playing it)

82 comments in this topic

[MUMMY]
Players
676 posts
10,481 battles

The rewards seem pretty decent, I have had 2-3 games on there so far.

20,000 coal for 9 million credits and 90,000 FXP is a bargain even if you do not wish to play the mode.  Personally I think I will use it as an oppourtunity to stock up on signals as there are a lot on offer.

• Cool 3

Players
2,043 posts
3,825 battles

Yes, but because it's much easiey to do the italian directives that way; plus it's enjoyable because "loosing"/getting killed doesn't really matter; it's like:"whatever, next battle"

• Cool 8

[H_FAN]
Players
2,812 posts
47,513 battles

well I do its pretty easy to just spawn and slash some enemies for some decent rewards, but when I have got enough I will cease

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

No and dont intemd to, might grab some armory stuff on the way for creds and freexp but othervise I ll pass...

• Cool 3

[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,902 battles

I lucked out and got the corporation tokens from the first (15.000) and third (2000) random bundles for battle points.
After that I just spammed 5-6 games, bought the remaining 3 tokens for silver and FXP, and got the Akizuki camo I planned on getting.
Was overall quite fun, but I think the balance is kind of out the window for this mode and the rewards (if unlucky on bundles) rather lackluster so I probably won't play it anymore as getting a second camo will take forever after my initial luck.

My main gripes with the balance is how the BBs just seem to be near impossible to take down in a 1v1 pvp fight if they run the right setup, and how DDs are often quite bad at pvp, excellent at pve dpm, but very vulnerable to the Aurora and her minions where you would want to utilize that pve dpm.
The single t9 cruiser is similarly bad at pve, but great at pvp if it runs the mortars and otherwise just designed as a griefing ship against players, while no t10 cruiser exists for some reason.
The Aurora is also kinda pointless to take out, as even if you do kill it (very hard in a random div), you get 15000 battle points which is way overkill compared to the effort it takes to take her down (15k split on 3 ships in a div is 5k each which is also the cap, and you can reach that cap from other monsters and killing players a lot easier).

• Cool 2

Players
376 posts
12,421 battles

played it for one afternoon, got my 5 tokens, ez pz. Might play some more cause its actually fun

• Cool 1

Players
1,888 posts
23,214 battles

I gave it a few spins, to check out the new ships. 

Praise is due here: speeding around with Akizuki at 140kts  is quite fun. I also had a good laugh when Öland started diving. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,336 posts
20,605 battles

I won’t bother I tried it on the PTS and really don’t enjoy it, much happier playing random battles. 

Still for those that enjoy it I hope they have fun 

• Cool 1

Players
849 posts

Playing with mates, no potatoes on my team. 100% less stress and frustration. I recommend this game mode, havent played Random in 2 weeks and havent played much wows during this week but Big Hunt is fun with div.mates.

• Cool 3

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,153 posts
22,966 battles

I don't like the optics or the selfishness of the mode.

But it's growing on me.

• Cool 3

Players
2,165 posts
13,095 battles

127% not interested, like pretty much every event of this kind. It's just not my cup of tea.

• Cool 3

Players
2,336 posts
20,605 battles
11 minutes ago, Prophecy82 said:

I wonder if this is already the Aprils fools day mode....

That’s my expectation at least 

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,967 posts
18,792 battles

What Wargaming has done right this time is that you can partially or fully complete your normal missions while playing a "fun" mode. So regarding missions you are more or less free to chose if you want to go for a regular battle or big hunt.

What is not equal however is the "loss" of other income, most prominently XP. As such I will not and never have seriously invested time into these modes as I need every single XP on my captains, not on the Orlan.

I do understand that you "trade" those XP for other stuff (available via the battle point lottery), however I am not as much interested in those as I am in XP.

[SM0KE]
Players
6,973 posts
15,473 battles

Nah, although I did buy the coal via the Armory [sic]...

• Cool 2

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,736 posts
11,834 battles
4 hours ago, rage1750 said:

The rewards seem pretty decent, I have had 2-3 games on there so far.

20,000 coal for 9 million credits and 90,000 FXP is a bargain even if you do not wish to play the mode.  Personally I think I will use it as an oppourtunity to stock up on signals as there are a lot on offer.

You can play like 10-15 games and collect a couple of tokens and you can even get that credit back.

• Cool 2

[MORIA]
Players
220 posts
8,108 battles

My premium account just run out so i play this mode and grind for free camo =)

• Cool 1