You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
JohnMac79

Lame containers...

30 comments in this topic

[LUZ1]
Players
1,408 posts
14,537 battles

I don't usually complain about free stuff, but this is definitely underwhelming :cap_tea:

• Cool 16

[VIBES]
Players
910 posts
20,238 battles

Yeah I was about to post something like this myself.

A few days ago a commentator wrote that the Italian Battleships missions/rewards/tokens were quite generous (early access ships, some permacamos and a few disposable camos just for playing a bit), and so down came the "nerf" hammer: 1 special signal per container is pathetic.

With the last Anniversary event you'd get 5 special signals for a win (only the first one, obviously) in a T8 ship, 10 for one in a T9. Possibly in Co-Op as well, iirc.

Maybe that was "too generous", but I think 3 signals would've been fine. 1 is just...whatever.

Same for the recent campaigns, really: the mission rewards from the old ones (Halsey, Yamamoto...) were things like 25 flags, 15 camos, ship modules from 1-3 million credits, etc.

Now it's 3 regular signals, 1k free xp and other really cheap rewards.

Granted, it's all free, but one likes to feel "spoiled" a bit, instead this is very disappointing.

• Cool 3

[_I_]
Players
1,045 posts
20,860 battles
1 hour ago, JohnMac79 said:

2 Wyvern flags from 2 crates?? :cap_wander:

2 containers feed your little reptile brain with 2x as much happiness that 1 container.

Its why WG spams lots of rewards. While free stuff is nice and all that, the spam of meaningless tiny rewards is tedious. I almost never check any missions the last year or two, yet Im flooded with various stuff. Yet 99% doesnt feel like an accomplishment.

• Cool 5

Players
3,973 posts
21,117 battles
33 minutes ago, Nibenay78 said:

Yet 99% doesnt feel like an accomplishment.

That's WOWS in a nutshell these days i think. Even the matches themselves.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts

Yep, I usually liked to go for a couple of lootboxes in the years past, often got some good sh*t out of that (for instance a year ago ONE lunar box i bought dropped me Bajie) BUT lately the lootboxes have become very "suspicious" and I am NOT buying any of them in the future apart maybe from some small amount of Satan boxes and thats a big MAYBE after last Christmas...

Anyways all these RNG loaded events are BS, I purposefully tried out the Lepanto lottery one last time to see if it will sc*w with me as it tended to happen in many events beforehand of late aaaand - I got Lepanto - in the second to last box - nuff said...

And the free boxes are 10 times worse...

[-SOF-]
Players
1 post
6,804 battles

Where i can find drop rates for premium ships in these containers?

• Funny 3

[CAG]
Players
433 posts
15,555 battles

Maybe they can't make that much flags with these small amounts. Wargaming has to earn more money, then they are certainly more generous..!?!

:Smile_trollface:

Players
540 posts
12,885 battles

I was about to start a same thread. Now much more WG developers will HUMILIATE themselvs in the eyes of their customers?

They promise ships in the containers (LIE) but i can understand it because they want to sell them.

But A SINGLE SIGNAL per container? ONE SINGLE? NOT EVEN a pack of 5 for example?

With such proctices and War Thunder now with ships I can see a huge migration of customers to other similar games.

WG DEVELOPERS must chose either gain as much as they can for a short time accepting the fact that competition is better OR try hard to prove their work's value and KEEP their customers "loyal"to the game for a long perios of time that will bring money stable for long...

THE CHOICE IS THEIRS.

• Cool 2

[OHRIP]
Players
1,196 posts
9,899 battles

WG: Stingiest game developer. Achievement claimed!

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
247 posts
2,898 battles

Dont judge from a few containers, we can more than 10 from the missions, so we will see. They may drop premium ships premium days, doublons so I'm sure everyone will get some of those by opening higher amount of containers

• Funny 6
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,145 posts
22,944 battles
2 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd11 said:

They may drop premium ships premium days, doublons so I'm sure everyone will get some of those by opening higher amount of containers

I really appreciate your optimism. Hit me up in a year or two so we can discuss it again.:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 9

[NECRO]
Players
3,159 posts
Vor 14 Minuten, Gwynbleidd11 sagte:

Dont judge from a few containers, we can more than 10 from the missions, so we will see. They may drop premium ships premium days, doublons so I'm sure everyone will get some of those by opening higher amount of containers

I have opened plenty of those free containers, and I think I got a very small amount of FXP in one, but 1 signal in every one of the rest.

• Cool 3

Players
247 posts
2,898 battles
1 minute ago, MementoMori_6030 said:

I have opened plenty of those free containers, and I think I got a very small amount of FXP in one, but 1 signal in every one of the rest.

Only several are available from the missions for now, I think there are 20 or so to be earned. If you got nothing good in the first 5, why to complain?

• Boring 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,170 posts
15,081 battles
13 hours ago, hellhound666 said:

The next step will be that some containers will be empty - the real surprise mechanic ...

Well, there are only so many Makarovs to go around.....

• Cool 2
  • Funny 6

[OHRIP]
Players
1,196 posts
9,899 battles
22 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd11 said:

Oh the pure innocence of a young player. Such a joy. :Smile_great:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,967 posts
18,780 battles

The whole process of choosing and receiving containers is outrageous if you take a minute to think it through. I don't wanna know how many years of total life time is wasted with mandatory animations. And thats made even worse in all cases of insufficient content like the one reported.

• Cool 2

[NECRO]
Players
3,159 posts
Vor 12 Minuten, Gwynbleidd11 sagte:

Only several are available from the missions for now, I think there are 20 or so to be earned. If you got nothing good in the first 5, why to complain?

I did not write "5", I wrote "plenty".

• Cool 1

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
534 posts
6,955 battles

One of them gave me 150 dubloons.

• Cool 1

Players
2,335 posts
20,591 battles

Play because you want to play don’t worry about the containers. WG are not a especially generous company so it’s best to expect nothing from them. That way if you do get anything good it will be a very unexpected pleasant surprise. 

• Cool 1

Players
91 posts
6,038 battles

I have read there will be PfC (Pay for Chance) Containers later in this update, so don't worry, if you want a slightly higher chance to win Italian ships just pay your 4,11 Euro (1.250 Dubloons) or 5 Euros (1.500 Dubloons as in Update 0.10.1)...

Ahoj

Norbert

[SINT]
Players
1,102 posts
23,347 battles
3 hours ago, MZL_Makrele said:

I have read there will be PfC (Pay for Chance) Containers later in this update, so don't worry, if you want a slightly higher chance to win Italian ships just pay your 4,11 Euro (1.250 Dubloons) or 5 Euros (1.500 Dubloons as in Update 0.10.1)...

Ahoj

Norbert

So you can get Makarov Leone after spending 20 Euro or so.... Or maybe Roma and enjoy her as long as Deadeye still lasts...