Rombescu

Scharnhorst

18 comments in this topic

[CZSKA]
Players
36 posts
6,424 battles

Hello.

I find Scharnhorst terribly lacking. I mean, i know it has torps, yet they are very rare to be used unless you charge in.
So lets say alright, lets charge in, but your guns' pen is lacking terribly. And not only your guns' pen but also the accuracy is terrible.

I am well aware it's a battlecruiser but i find it terrible to play with and if i look at tier 7 bbs, most of them have higher caliber guns, an average 30 seconds reload, true, but also a dispersion lower than Scharnhorst's. It makes it terrible for money grinding as well, you don't deal that damage. If i look at my Nelson, i love playing it and the dispersion is so lovely. 

I agree about the RNG thing but i think the Scharnhost deserve a decent buff over the guns because it's a terribly lacking tier 7 battlecruiser. It really isn't real good at anything especially, it's just the reload.
I just want it to be decently playable and i get utterly frustrated with most of my accuracy. 

What do you guys think?

[CATS]
Players
31,063 posts
15,715 battles

That she is a great ship.

image.thumb.png.61c4029e0ce31e0a2930ce3310423b13.png

http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/shipstatswk/svr/eu/ship_20210227.html

• there is no BB in game that allows you to rush in and survive at the beginning of the match
  • with 2.0 Sigma, she is accurate enough
  • the pen is sufficient for the targets you should attack
  • most people do fine with her

[CZSKA]
Players
36 posts
6,424 battles

It has the worst accuracy between all tier 7 bbs with the lowest of guns tho

[CATS]
Players
31,063 posts
15,715 battles
44 minutes ago, Rombescu said:

It has the worst accuracy between all tier 7 bbs with the lowest of guns tho

She has not. Lyon is MUCH worse

[CZSKA]
Players
36 posts
6,424 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

She has not. Lyon is MUCH worse

Not only Lyon has bigger guns and 16 of them. Also 232 stock dispersion 

[CATS]
Players
31,063 posts
15,715 battles
47 minutes ago, Rombescu said:

Not only Lyon has bigger guns and 16 of them. Also 232 stock dispersion 

You were talking about having the worst accuracy on the Tier, that is just not true.

• Nagato - better dispersion at long range, worse dispersion close range, but slower shells, but lacks speed and toughness, performance speaks for itself
  • Colorado - same dispersion, but much slower shells, lacks speed, performance speaks for itself
  • Gneisenau - worse dispersion
  • Lyon - MUCH worse dispersion
  • Duke - worse dispersion
  • King - worse dispersion
  • Strasbourg - worse dispersion
  • Sinop - probably better or least similar dispersion, because of irrgular vertical dispersion
  • Florida - probably slightly better dispersion, because smaller dispersion elipse, despite much smaller Sigma
  • Hood - slightly worse dispersion
  • California - slightly worse dispersion
  • Poltava - probably slightly better dispersion, because smaller dispersion elipse despite much smaller Sigma
  • Nelson - slightly worse dispersion, but slower shells
  • Ashitaka - slightly worse dispersion, except on long range

[CZSKA]
Players
36 posts
6,424 battles

Yeah, but if you miss the angle, you're not gonna deal damage with the 283 compared to any other guns. The other guns can deal some damage more often than the Scharnhorst's. 

[CATS]
Players
31,063 posts
15,715 battles
9 minutes ago, Rombescu said:

Yeah, but if you miss the angle, you're not gonna deal damage with the 283 compared to any other guns. The other guns can deal some damage more often than the Scharnhorst's. 

Scharnhorst deals good and important damage. Select your targets accordingly.

[CZSKA]
Players
36 posts
6,424 battles

26 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Scharnhorst deals good and important damage. Select your targets accordingly.

So if i am 1v1 against a bb that's just angled against me i'm gonna shot HE and miss 4 or 5 out of my shots if he's going straight forward to me? While he's gonna point 4 or 6 cannons towards me, that are gonna hit harder than mine and penetrate and deal 3-4k dmg? While i can hardly even deal 760 if i shot AP and hardly gonna hit anyway

[CATS]
Players
31,063 posts
15,715 battles
20 minutes ago, Rombescu said:

So if i am 1v1 against a bb that's just angled against me i'm gonna shot HE and miss 4 or 5 out of my shots if he's going straight forward to me? While he's gonna point 4 or 6 cannons towards me, that are gonna hit harder than mine and penetrate and deal 3-4k dmg? While i can hardly even deal 760 if i shot AP and hardly gonna hit anyway

• do not look for 1v1 vs BB, that is not your job
  • when you cannot avoid it, rush him, go for a drive-by and sink him with torps
  • on the way to him, use HE and aim properly, then you will hit more
  • when you reach him, select AP and aim for the upper belt or citadel, depending on target

Look for flanking positions, focus cruiser and DD. That is your job.

[CZSKA]
Players
36 posts
6,424 battles
9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • do not look for 1v1 vs BB, that is not your job
  • when you cannot avoid it, rush him, go for a drive-by and sink him with torps
  • on the way to him, use HE and aim properly, then you will hit more
  • when you reach him, select AP and aim for the upper belt or citadel, depending on target

Look for flanking positions, focus cruiser and DD. That is your job.

I know that's what i am supposed to do in those cases, this is what i'm telling you. I really don't hit with those guns. I should snipe with a battlecruiser? Using the last perk?

[CATS]
Players
31,063 posts
15,715 battles
1 minute ago, Rombescu said:

I know that's what i am supposed to do in those cases, this is what i'm telling you. I really don't hit with those guns. I should snipe with a battlecruiser? Using the last perk?

Then work on your aim. It is not the guns.

And why would you even consider sniping when you have already problems hitting stuff?

[CZSKA]
Players
36 posts
6,424 battles
9 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Then work on your aim. It is not the guns.

And why would you even consider sniping when you have already problems hitting stuff?

Because the last perks lowers the dispersion to around 220m theoretically. A thing you haven't considered, while you already have considered me not aiming properly when it's not rocket science

[CATS]
Players
31,063 posts
15,715 battles
Just now, Rombescu said:

Because the last perks lowers the dispersion to around 220m theoretically. A thing you haven't considered, while you already have considered me not aiming properly when it's not rocket science

When you get a worse hit rating in her than in other ships, you are indeed not aiming properly.

And I considered Dead Eye and decided against it, becauses it causes BB to stay back and not tank for the team. It will also be reworked soon.

[CZSKA]
Players
36 posts
6,424 battles
12 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

When you get a worse hit rating in her than in other ships, you are indeed not aiming properly.

And I considered Dead Eye and decided against it, becauses it causes BB to stay back and not tank for the team. It will also be reworked soon.

Glad to hear so! Thank you!

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,625 posts
9,656 battles

The main problem with Scharnhorst is smth being called - powercreep

[CZSKA]
Players
36 posts
6,424 battles
3 hours ago, _DeathWing_ said:

The main problem with Scharnhorst is smth being called - powercreep

Yeah well that's the thing, it deserves a rework

[CATS]
Players
31,063 posts
15,715 battles

With that performance, it is unlikely that this will happen.

There is a chance that WG will touch the secondary skills, but do not count on it.

Sign in to follow this