You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
marcopieroni16

new anti air effects

30 comments in this topic

Players
112 posts
3,528 battles

hello. today i will share what i think about the new effects from a CV viewpoint.

personally, i dont like it. i do like the AA that moves, but the rain of fire that there was before was much more cool to see, also, the new flaks are kinda ugly personally. 

but i have to admit, now that the difference between flak shells of the AA and normal shells (continuos damage) are very different (color). its easier to see where flaks will spawn, and gives a chance to dodge a bit better.

so, from an esthetical viewpoint, i dont like  it. from a gameplay viewpoint . yes i really like it.

i do like also the fact that from a ship viewpoint, flaks are now seen around the enemy planes and not far away.

a solution (for me, i am talking for me) would be to bring back the old explosion flaks and the white rain of bullets, BUT change the color of them. to make clear which is about to become a flak burst or a normal projectile.

any CV player  that minds the graphics will surely  understand what i ma saying. in the previous version, it was recognisable what AA tracers were flaks, by their lenght. but in hight tiers, with some broken OP AA ships like (neptune, haland, smaland, petro, stalingrad) this wasnt really recognisible.

do not write non-topic things.   with this topic, i want to know if there is other people that share my opinion about it. this is not a topic about balance or anything.

if you read all of this, thanks. if you dont understand what i said above, or want a better explanation, write down here :D 

• Cool 2

Players
112 posts
3,528 battles
5 minuti fa, Hades_warrior ha scritto:

It looks like a Christmas tree but there is still that fact that AA is useless.

i literally wrote about not writing LIES like that. after the flak fix AA does stop attacks, if the player is not good at dodging BUT THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION ABOUT THAT SO WHY THE HELL DO YOU EVEN WRITE IT HERE

• Funny 6
  • Boring 1

Players
112 posts
3,528 battles

i have no idea, how can this not be clear. every time i write a discussions the first answer is literally smthing i politely and clearly said NOT to write

image.png.ec2d87c9303d6f7f5c75721cdfc25b28.png

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Tester
1,038 posts
16,908 battles
48 minutes ago, marcopieroni16 said:

i do like the AA that moves

They present it as a ''new feature'' when actually it was so long before the rework.

What they should have done is make different gun sounds representing caliber and fire rate, i mean, all we have is boring Ratatatataa for every single ship...

At the very least, since AA is useless they could make it look somewhat interesting

• Cool 1

Players
112 posts
3,528 battles
2 minuti fa, Azalgor ha scritto:

They present it as a ''new feature'' when actually it was so long before the rework.

What they should have done is make different gun sounds representing caliber and fire rate, i mean, all we have is boring Ratatatataa for every single ship...

At the very least, since AA is useless they could make it look somewhat interesting

so uh....my english is so complicated that people cannot get the point of a discussion. also, AA is usless only in some situations. it is MM dependant, sometimes itss too much, sometimes its not much at all. the point of the discussion are the flaks and the old rain of fire 

• Boring 3

[BS4]
Players
1,481 posts
8,298 battles
58 minutes ago, marcopieroni16 said:

do not write non-topic things. 

38bx6zc.gif

1 hour ago, marcopieroni16 said:

but in high tiers, with some broken OP AA ships like Neptune .....

Now who's off topic! (she's not broken she's just capable)

And yes i like the idea of the new colured tracer fire, helps us that are not so capable at cv play yet to dodge flack fire better. But for many capable Cv mains im not sure it makes a huge diffrence tbh.

• Cool 2

Players
4,387 posts
5,713 battles

i literally wrote about not writing LIES like that.

Oh, ok... :cap_haloween:

after the flak fix AA does stop attacks,

:cap_haloween:

if the player is not good at dodging BUT THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION ABOUT THAT SO WHY THE HELL DO YOU EVEN WRITE IT HERE

:cap_haloween:

Sorry for emote spam but there is nothin else I could say on your nonsense :Smile_Default:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Players
112 posts
3,528 battles
14 minuti fa, SeaWolf7 ha scritto:

38bx6zc.gif

Now who's off topic! (she's not broken she's just capable)

And yes i like the idea of the new colured tracer fire, helps us that are not so capable at cv play yet to dodge flack fire better. But for many capable Cv mains im not sure it makes a huge diffrence tbh.

i was just explaining something, read the full sentence and stop wasting my time

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[BS4]
Players
1,481 posts
8,298 battles
20 minutes ago, marcopieroni16 said:

i was just explaining something, read the full sentence and stop wasting my time

I gave you feed back on tracer fire? And you weren't explaining anything, you were making a statement about so called Broken ships?

And you wont get very far here telling people what they can and cant say.

s53KM4h.gif

• Cool 2

Players
112 posts
3,528 battles
1 minuto fa, SeaWolf7 ha scritto:

You were not explaining anything, you were making a statement about so called Broken ships?

And you wont get very far here telling people what they can and cant say.

s53KM4h.gif

alright, maybe i wasnt clear, their rain of fire of those ships was so large that you oculdnt distinguish which one was a flak burst , which one was a normal shell

are you happy now, my dear 6 years  old kid

• Bad 2

Players
1,112 posts
11,995 battles

this is not a topic about balance or anything.

Well if it makes even easier to dodge Flak, then it most deffenetly is about balance. Making a broken class even more broken

For example - ships that you are calling "broken OP AA ships" only few are as good shooting down planes as CVs are.

Infact, on average CV shoots down 30% more aircrafts than next best class.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Players
112 posts
3,528 battles

this discussion WAS ABOUT THE DESIGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

i get that i said some things that really werent related but........ then i SAID that it wasnt about balance. 

• Boring 1

[BS4]
Players
1,481 posts
8,298 battles
7 minutes ago, marcopieroni16 said:

alright, maybe i wasnt clear, their rain of fire of those ships was so large that you oculdnt distinguish which one was a flak burst , which one was a normal shell

are you happy now, my dear 6 years  old kid

I said i liked the difference in colour and agreed with you....so forgive me if i was wasting your time. 

Players
112 posts
3,528 battles
Proprio ora, SeaWolf7 ha scritto:

I said i liked the difference in colour and agreed with you....so forgive me if i was wasting your time. 

ah rly? lmao cant read

• Bad 2

Players
2,746 posts
15,294 battles
3 hours ago, marcopieroni16 said:

broken OP AA ships like (neptune, haland, smaland, petro, stalingrad)

with this topic, i want to know if there is other people that share my opinion about it. this is not a topic about balance or anything.

A bit contradicting mate. And calling Stalin AA OP is a big LOL.

On topic, I had a game when it seemed that there is not much AA around but there was a bit more planes killed then it looked like it will be but it was t6 CV vs 3 t8 ships.

Still visuals made me underestimate the danger and I lost like 4 or 5 planes. Not acceptable! :cap_haloween:

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,944 posts
21,696 battles

in the previous version, it was recognisable what AA tracers were flaks, by their lenght

No offense, but are you perhaps colorblind? I mean this genuinely, not sarcastically.

Because flak tracers are more recognizable than before, they're now colored orange-red while decorative tracers are plain white.

with some broken OP AA ships like (neptune, haland, smaland, petro, stalingrad)

tenor.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[_I_]
Players
1,045 posts
20,860 battles
6 hours ago, marcopieroni16 said:

hello. today i will share what i think about the new effects from a CV viewpoint.

personally, i dont like it. i do like the AA that moves, but the rain of fire that there was before was much more cool to see, also, the new flaks are kinda ugly personally. 

but i have to admit, now that the difference between flak shells of the AA and normal shells (continuos damage) are very different (color). its easier to see where flaks will spawn, and gives a chance to dodge a bit better.

so, from an esthetical viewpoint, i dont like  it. from a gameplay viewpoint . yes i really like it.

i do like also the fact that from a ship viewpoint, flaks are now seen around the enemy planes and not far away.

a solution (for me, i am talking for me) would be to bring back the old explosion flaks and the white rain of bullets, BUT change the color of them. to make clear which is about to become a flak burst or a normal projectile.

any CV player  that minds the graphics will surely  understand what i ma saying. in the previous version, it was recognisable what AA tracers were flaks, by their lenght.

The new graphics look interesting. Personally i prefer that torpedoes are less visible... AA isnt worth looking at anyways.

6 hours ago, marcopieroni16 said:

but in hight tiers, with some broken OP AA ships like (neptune, haland, smaland, petro, stalingrad) this wasnt really recognisible.

Are we playing the same game?

Did i mention AA is mostly useless? :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[_I_]
Players
1,045 posts
20,860 battles

Edit: but it looks cool that you see the AA muzzle glow. Just a pity it does just that:Smile_hiding:

Edited by Nibenay78
Double post

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,905 battles

Polishing a massive turd comes to mind. Was just hounded and killed in the first few minutes by Midway in my DD without being able to deal a single point of damage. But hey at least the AA looks kinda nice i guess...:cap_rambo:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
112 posts
3,528 battles
10 ore fa, El2aZeR ha scritto:

No offense, but are you perhaps colorblind? I mean this genuinely, not sarcastically.

Because flak tracers are more recognizable than before, they're now colored orange-red while decorative tracers are plain white.

tenor.gif

in the past*   that sentence was refered to the psat version, on the topic, i did write that flaks shells are easily recogniseble before

Players
112 posts
3,528 battles
7 ore fa, JohnMac79 ha scritto:

Polishing a massive turd comes to mind. Was just hounded and killed in the first few minutes by Midway in my DD without being able to deal a single point of damage. But hey at least the AA looks kinda nice i guess...:cap_rambo:

can you send me the replay, i bet you pushed in a cap without worrying of the carrier. exactly what any cv hopes for.  everyone plays the same, cv or not. this is you makor issue. you dont want to change your tactic. you want the match to be abosolutely in your tide. you cant even try to play differently