Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Armada: Marco Polo

28 comments in this topic

[C4K3]
Players
231 posts
15,181 battles

Marco Polo is a real crappy ship even lepanto outnumber it. Don't bue. It belongs in t7-t8

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,815 posts
4,524 battles
Před 6 minutami 416taylor řekl/a:

Marco Polo is a real crappy ship even lepanto outnumber it. Don't bue. It belongs in t7-t8

Well, in my opinion she is ok ship.

What do you think makes her so weak, in your opinion?

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,882 posts
6,468 battles
18 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

Presumably based off the opinions of certain CC's..

I've actually played her, albeit only once, and so far I agree with you. Might even go further than "okay" if she keeps up the performance she did last game..

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,204 posts
39 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

your opinion can't really be trusted here lol ...

what about nerf of massa, georgia, and supercruisers? when we will get our compensation?

i wouldn't buy anything from wg/lesta till this mess is solved ...

[WG]
WG Staff
6,815 posts
4,524 battles
Před 1 minutou hellhound666 řekl/a:

your opinion can't really be trusted here lol ...

what about nerf of massa, georgia, and supercruisers? when we will get our compensation?

i wouldn't buy anything from wg/lesta till this mess is solved ...

Why my personal opinion can't be trusted? It can be the same opinion, as from any other player.

Also looking at characteristics she is not OP and also not unplayable bad. She is somewhere in between, so balanced.

There were no nerfs on Massa, Georgia or any Supercruiser, therefore no compensation will be placed.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
1,204 posts
1 hour ago, YabbaCoe said:

Why my personal opinion can't be trusted? It can be the same opinion, as from any other player.

Also looking at characteristics she is not OP and also not unplayable bad. She is somewhere in between, so balanced.

There were no nerfs on Massa, Georgia or any Supercruiser, therefore no compensation will be placed.

you are interested in sales of this ship(t) as you are wg staff

accuracy of it is bad, clearly designed for deadeye. what will happen when deadeye gets removed

accuracy of secondaries on massa, georgia (and ohio) were nerfed therefore these ships got nerfed. fire prevention skill was removed from supercruisers (most of them) therefore they now burn like sparklers making them unplayable

still expecting compensation 

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,882 posts
6,468 battles
4 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

accuracy of it is bad, clearly designed for deadeye. what will happen when deadeye gets removed

She can do just fine  without.  This game was without Deadeye, and 74% main battery accuracy is perfectly fine.

shot-21.03.18_18.35.21-0545.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[V-I-P]
Players
86 posts
9,835 battles
7 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

you are interested in sales of this ship(t) as you are wg staff

accuracy of secondaries on massa, georgia (and ohio) were nerfed therefore these ships got nerfed. fire prevention skill was removed from supercruisers (most of them) therefore they now burn like sparklers making them unplayable

still expecting compensation 

Massa, Georgia and Ohio were overpowered, so this nerf was somehwat justified, as before the commander rework they were significantly better 2nd gun ships than anything else in the game, even with the German 2nd gun focused ships considered, while they had great guns for their tier, decent AA & in case of Georgia it even had insane mobility.

As for the Supercruisers the commander rework had totally wrecked them, if anything they should be reconsidered as a BB, lets be honest the supercruisers we have with the exception of maybe the Azuma and Yoshino are more like Battlecruisers & their playstyle also more similar to a standard BB than to a standard cruiser.

PS: YabbaCoe has same kind of valid opinon as we have, but he can be just as biased for a ship as any of us can be. Maybe the only thing what makes his verdict slightly less reliable is if he gets the ships for free ( i dont know if he grinds it or gets it free) , cause in that case a very expensive and slightly underpowered ship would be fine for him, but not for someone who needs to pay that huge price tag to get it.

[WG]
WG Staff
6,815 posts
4,524 battles
Před 10 minutami lafeel řekl/a:

She can do just fine  without.  This game was without Deadeye, and 74% main battery accuracy is perfectly fine.

shot-21.03.18_18.35.21-0545.jpg

The accuracy is not very good, especially on longer distances, but those who played german BBs are used for the innacuracy kinda.

btw 10k damage with fires? Interesting

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,882 posts
6,468 battles
5 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

The accuracy is not very good, especially on longer distances, but those who played german BBs are used for the innacuracy kinda.

btw 10k damage with fires? Interesting

Or have practice with Roma, and like her (I fall in both of those btw).

Yea, not rightly sure how that happened, although the 94 secondary hits speak for themselves with regards to what range I was at.

[WG]
WG Staff
6,815 posts
4,524 battles
Před 36 minutami lafeel řekl/a:

Or have practice with Roma, and like her (I fall in both of those btw).

Yea, not rightly sure how that happened, although the 94 secondary hits speak for themselves with regards to what range I was at.

Well the practice on Roma is not quite the same... you got maybe the idea about the accuracy and dispersion, but still SAP and HE make the difference of combat capabilities in certain situations.

So maybe hidden secondary jewel? :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,882 posts
6,468 battles
1 minute ago, YabbaCoe said:

Well the practice on Roma is not quite the same... you got maybe the idea about the accuracy and dispersion, but still SAP and HE make the difference of combat capabilities in certain situations.

So maybe hidden secondary jewel? :cap_haloween:

Too early to tell with only a ten point skipper to be perfectly frank if that's the case.:Smile_veryhappy:

[URUC]
Players
375 posts
7 ore fa, YabbaCoe ha scritto:

Youtube

My impression is you forgot that MP has to play vs DDs too.

I already own the Iowa. Why should i spend coal - dobloons in something bad in fighting DDs?

Like Panzercnacker wrote:
long reload, frustratingly short range - very frustrating experiences overall I have to say. The dispersion did not get any better, the armor was consistently bad and if you get a cv game you will have a hard time. The SAP is not THAT good ( bad vs DD )

Potato Quality:

I played 14 games of this ship today, and it's by far one of the most frustrating experiences I've had in a while. The dispersion did not get any better, the armor was consistently bad and if you get a cv game you will die. I recommend passing on this ship. I'll post another video explaining more later

Flamu:

The problem is that once Dead eye is gone from the game, those guns wont hit anything.

• Cool 1

[BATES]
Players
34 posts
17,380 battles

The problem is everyone plays BBs only at distance in the EU server.....

• Cool 1

Players
204 posts
246 battles

No thanks, direction the games going and the thievery you did with the xmas crates mean i'll never put another penny WG's way...i did however blow some coal and a voucher on it...and i do believe probably for the first time ever WG have introduced a fairly well balanced ship on the first attempt. Unfortunately balanced ships have not been viable in 3 years or so....It's mehhh, and sadly and ultimately it's totally forgetable once you finish your grinds or captain skills. The more i play this ship the more Mehhh it becomes...take away deadeye and its going to be pretty bad i'd say. Currently it fulfills a role at mid to long range with somewhat wonky dispersion. But take away dead eye and it can no longer do that, it can't push in as despite a decent looking armour layout it's turtle back does'nt work and the 90mm gun's ( i use the term guns loosely )...why are they even in the game when they don't pen anything...you get fireworks instead of secondaries. Still for coal with a voucher it's probably worth a pick up.

Lesson i have learned from the Polo is don't buy a coal or any ship ship on release day, as due to the banning of ship previews prior to launch we have no idea what junk WG could actually be putting into the game. WG are getting very good at the smoke and mirrors sales tactic. Like the Xmas crate rigging and the gagg order put on CC's so we don't get a preview of the ship before launch. So don't buy day one wait till ships have been reviewed and extensively tested by the community.

Verdict...is it a bad ship, currently you have to say no it isn't a bad ship, it's certainly not great but once deadeye goes i don't believe it has a role, it will no longer be consistant at range, and can't push in and brawl as advertised. For me it's ultimately going to disappoint, especially after the long wait and hype surrounding Italian BB the last couple of years. Enjoy it now before removal of deadeye probably renders it instantly obsolete.

Pick it up FREE with coal and a voucher but don't buy the thing.

Players
204 posts
246 battles
21 hours ago, YabbaCoe said:

She is an okay ship (currently). And that's the problem, would you ever buy a product for real money that is "ok". Polo isn't terrible not exactly a winning sales pitch is it...."not terrible.....ok while deadeye is here". If you took notice of CC's reviewing these ships you may have avoided the inevitable backlash the Italian line is now drawing. But WG is blind to any opinion but it's own. You are now reaping the fruits of the bad decision of removing outside opinion's.  (CC's). Now your product test bed is the live server, where every mistake will be siezed upon and its probably too late to do anything meaningful about it. Marco polo already has the communities verdict. It will now and forever be known as a mehh ship, designed for a skill removed a few weeks after the ships was introduced. First Impressions deserved or not stick. And MP will always be perceived as Mehh at best. Good job WG.....as usual. (sarcasm).

[C4K3]
Players
231 posts
15,181 battles
On 3/19/2021 at 2:25 PM, YabbaCoe said:

She is so boring to play gives you low amount of hp and credits don't buy it, even the white mouse thinks it's boring to play with

[C4K3]
Players
231 posts
15,181 battles

Now i've done over 10 battles with it and only ones over 100 k damage. it  will go to ships junc yard. and take her to see only for snowflake. shame on you WG.

[-RNR-]
Players
1,263 posts

I so wanted to like this ship, I love my Roma for all her flaws and was hoping for more maybe more accuracy and 30 sec reload. Deadeye has improved Roma and Deadeye makes Marco Polo  IMO a  Nice ship, Hear is my problem Deadeye is Under Review or Being changed or however people want to Spin it so like as not it will alter the Marco's performance even though the ship itself is not touched, Basically Exactly what happened to Poor Flint a few weeks after me  getting her, So No Not Buying for Cash nor Coal until things are sorted. Once Bitten as they Say.  :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,815 posts
4,524 battles
V 19. 3. 2021 v 22:35 S_h_i_v_a řekl/a:

Youtube

My impression is you forgot that MP has to play vs DDs too.

I already own the Iowa. Why should i spend coal - dobloons in something bad in fighting DDs?

Like Panzercnacker wrote:
long reload, frustratingly short range - very frustrating experiences overall I have to say. The dispersion did not get any better, the armor was consistently bad and if you get a cv game you will have a hard time. The SAP is not THAT good ( bad vs DD )

Potato Quality:

I played 14 games of this ship today, and it's by far one of the most frustrating experiences I've had in a while. The dispersion did not get any better, the armor was consistently bad and if you get a cv game you will die. I recommend passing on this ship. I'll post another video explaining more later

Flamu:

The problem is that once Dead eye is gone from the game, those guns wont hit anything.

Well, true is, that it is not very strong playing against DDs. But actually it is not a strong part of any BB. Some BBs can have hydro, but that is mostly defensive tactic to avoid torpedo hits, but if the DD isn't close enough to be detected by that hydro, it is difficult to fight, when it is not spotted.

SAPs do 1/10 damage to DDs. Same as for APs. And honestly it is a good thing. With those 1/10 one shell still have an option to deal around 1/10 of HP of DDs, which can't repair that. With full penetration options, one shell would be enough to almost delete entire DD.

• Cool 2

[-RNR-]
Players
1,263 posts
On 3/19/2021 at 3:39 PM, YabbaCoe said:

he accuracy is not very good, especially on longer distances,

Is there any time scale or information on the alleged  Deadeye "Rework" at all YC?  Thank's

[URUC]
Players
375 posts
4 ore fa, YabbaCoe ha scritto:

Well, true is, that it is not very strong playing against DDs. But actually it is not a strong part of any BB. Some BBs can have hydro, but that is mostly defensive tactic to avoid torpedo hits, but if the DD isn't close enough to be detected by that hydro, it is difficult to fight, when it is not spotted.

SAPs do 1/10 damage to DDs. Same as for APs. And honestly it is a good thing. With those 1/10 one shell still have an option to deal around 1/10 of HP of DDs, which can't repair that. With full penetration options, one shell would be enough to almost delete entire DD.

Sir, 

the point is: why did WG add useless 90 mm guns

The real ships until T8 had them, so why not switch to 150 mm guns only for secondaries at T9 - T10 (including the MP)?????

And offtopic:

MP was no italian, but german BB. Found a pic about a "Ultra BB".

277165645_3D-Glasmodell-MARCOPOLO.thumb.jpg.868564006e0b8348aee724eb40b8dc86.jpg

• Funny 1

[SEED]
Beta Tester
14 posts
14,869 battles

Sad but true.... cant do crap with heres secondaries, but here SAP do quit a dmg.... not my best coal ship, but i kinda like here......

Sign in to follow this