You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Curesto

Marco Polo or Pommern for Co-op?

24 comments in this topic

Players
92 posts
703 battles

Hi, i'm about the buy my first T9 coal ship today. 

I want to know which one should be better for Co-op.

I have secondary commander for Pommern but not have commander for Marco Polo.

I was very excited about Marco Polo, but what i see from most people doesn't recommend the Marco Polo.

Also, have questions about both ships:

1)Which one has better armour?

2)Does Pommern has same hull as FDG?

3)Which one has better sigma?

4)Which one handles better?

Thanks in advance.

[LD3V]
Players
292 posts
1,481 battles
7 minuti fa, Curesto ha scritto:

I was very excited about Marco Polo, but what i see from most people doesn't recommend the Marco Polo.

Thanks in advance.

1) Armor wise, for coop I would say Pommern.

2) pretty sure it is the same hull.

3) Marco Polo, Pommern has the worst sigma of the tier ---> 1.5.

4) I've never played Marco Polo, but I'm pretty sure she handles better than a FDG hull.

• Cool 3

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
8 minutes ago, KommodorevonKlein said:

4) I've never played Marco Polo, but I'm pretty sure she handles better than a FDG hull.

A knot of extra speed, 80m tighter turning radius, and, last but certainly not least, ,6 second (base, ie before steering 1) faster rudder shift.

I'd say that's most definetly a yes just looking at the stats.

• Cool 2

[LD3V]
Players
292 posts
1,481 battles
32 minuti fa, lafeel ha scritto:

A knot of extra speed, 80m tighter turning radius, and, last but certainly not least, ,6 second (base, ie before steering 1) faster rudder shift.

I'd say that's most definetly a yes just looking at the stats.

well then the answer is pretty clear handling wise.

If I were you Curesto... for coop I'd take Pommern without hesitation.

• Cool 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
10 minutes ago, KommodorevonKlein said:

well then the answer is pretty clear handling wise.

If I were you Curesto... for coop I'd take Pommern without hesitation.

Those are in favour of Marco Polo, not Pommern btw.

[LD3V]
Players
292 posts
1,481 battles
1 ora fa, lafeel ha scritto:

Those are in favour of Marco Polo, not Pommern btw.

yes I know, that is why I put a full stop and started below the second phrase. It was to answer his question about which ship to take :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_honoring:

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,170 posts
15,081 battles

If you push up in co-op then the Pommern - secondaries and torps = loads of laughs especially when the torps hit home.  i've only played one battle in the Marco Polo so far though.

• Cool 1

Players
92 posts
703 battles
1 saat önce, KommodorevonKlein dedi:

1) Armor wise, for coop I would say Pommern.

2) pretty sure it is the same hull.

3) Marco Polo, Pommern has the worst sigma of the tier ---> 1.5.

Thanks.

Players
92 posts
703 battles
1 saat önce, Salentine dedi:

you mean you didn't get an answer in this thread?

I still couldn't decide which one i want to get.

I love Italian battleships, Marco Polo seems like better Roma to me.

For Pommern, it's better Tirpitz i guess? I have Scharnhorst B, i really enjoy playing with it.

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles

I know one game is very early days but..I like these guns. (on the Marco Polo)

Beta Tester
2,196 posts
12,830 battles
6 hours ago, Curesto said:

Thanks in advance.

Check out Potato Quality´s videos of Pommern in ranked and Brawl. Those are moste pre secondary nerf tho, but still seems pretty good. I will hard pass on Marco but Pommern is my next Coal buy, because T9, hydro, torps, secondarys, turtleback.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
2 hours ago, Curesto said:

I still couldn't decide which one i want to get.

I love Italian battleships, Marco Polo seems like better Roma to me.

For Pommern, it's better Tirpitz i guess? I have Scharnhorst B, i really enjoy playing with it.

So essentially you want Marco Polo - so then take it.

If you take Pommern and you are not happy with it, then you regret not getting Marco Polo. Or even if you do like Pommern, you might feel that you should have gotten Marco Polo instead.

If you get Marco Polo and dont like it... then it will probably still feel less bad than the other option.

So id say you have to go with what you WANT, because that can also influence how much fun you gonna have. Back when i had to decide on my first steel ship, it was between Stalingrad and Bourgogne. I kinda wanted Stalingrad because obvious reasons. But people who had both told me, get Bourgogne, its more fun. In the end i went with Stalingrad first because thats what i wanted... and half a year later i got Bourgogne anyway. But Stalingrad was the wrong pick, because it wasnt fun to play in randoms.

• Cool 1

Players
92 posts
703 battles
18 dakika önce, DFens_666 dedi:

So essentially you want Marco Polo - so then take it.

If you take Pommern and you are not happy with it, then you regret not getting Marco Polo. Or even if you do like Pommern, you might feel that you should have gotten Marco Polo instead.

If you get Marco Polo and dont like it... then it will probably still feel less bad than the other option.

So id say you have to go with what you WANT, because that can also influence how much fun you gonna have. Back when i had to decide on my first steel ship, it was between Stalingrad and Bourgogne. I kinda wanted Stalingrad because obvious reasons. But people who had both told me, get Bourgogne, its more fun. In the end i went with Stalingrad first because thats what i wanted... and half a year later i got Bourgogne anyway. But Stalingrad was the wrong pick, because it wasnt fun to play in randoms.

I was actually grinding coal for Pommern. Because of her secondaries and playstyle.

But they nerfed secondaries, i don't know how well the secondaries are performing currently.

I'm using secondary build on my Scharnhorst B. They were buffed her secondary range from 7.6 km to 9.1 km. I'm really enjoying playing with Scharnhorst.

I love 2 playstyles: Medium-close range Bow-Tank or brawling.

I love Italian battleships for how they look, i love Roma, even i don't own her.

Also, i would use my Scharnhorst commander if i get Pommern. Can i assign him to Pommern without training?

Are secondaries still viable after the nerf?

Thanks.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
2 minutes ago, Curesto said:

Also, i would use my Scharnhorst commander if i get Pommern. Can i assign him to Pommern without training?

Are secondaries still viable after the nerf? 

Yes and Yes

Secondary pommern in ranked after nerf

image.png.70c90ff05e5ab1e852b3ec3704d7a994.png

image.png.9b19908f4815f1e67fa273656a72e064.png

image.png.fd79f128e08857c7fef6db49f82385f9.png

image.png.581439da6212b3266442236d187a5eca.png

If you want to get the maximum amount of damage out of your secondaries, you gotta take IFHE. Its also ok for Scharnhorst. In Coop, you dont lose much if you take IFHE. Taking IFHE for Randoms or Ranked is a bit more risky, since you are losing out on other stuff, but since you dont play those, you can easily go with IFHE for maximum damage.

Secondaries on german BBs are marginally worse than pre-rework, since they got a seperate buff out of it.

[RNNUK]
Players
30 posts
2,103 battles

I have not played either of them, but I have played tirpitz A lot and FDG and Italian BBs up to tier 7.

I hated FDG, it handles like a block of flats and while it’s doesn’t get citadelled easily, it does take damage from basically everything regardless of what you do. Pommern is the same as far as I know. Tirpitz is straight up better in my opinion far more manoeuvrable, same torps, same secondaries only upgrades with Pommern are 4 more main guns and hp (stronger armour vs big guns... but this does not really help it as much as you would think).

They Italians have great armour and alpha damage if you can get close enough to hit things... the stealth is not bad either. The secondaries are garbage though.

To me the only reason to pommern is for the torps (which are super good for yolo in co-op), but is you already have Sharny and Tirp then you already have more fun ships for this then Pommern; if it’s anything like FDG. If your any good with guns and angling then Italians might be better. 

but previous poster is right, get the one you want the most. Why I got Georgia over thunderer before they both went, even though thunderer is definitely more powerful and competitive. I have had no regrets with that decision. 

Players
92 posts
703 battles

I've bought Pommern, thanks for the comments. But, i don't know how to assign my secondary commander to her.

WorldOfWarships64_2021_03_19_02_57_16_146.thumb.png.2d20f1ff542ba3057082b808b01b07c9.png

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,876 posts
6,468 battles
Just now, Curesto said:

I've bought Pommern, thanks for the comments. But, i don't know how to assign my secondary commander to her.

Quite simple. Click on the skipper that's  currently in her, then click "change commander" , find and click on the one you want, and there you go.

Players
92 posts
703 battles
9 dakika önce, lafeel dedi:

Quite simple. Click on the skipper that's  currently in her, then click "change commander" , find and click on the one you want, and there you go.

Thanks. Which upgrades should i get for this ship?

WorldOfWarships64_2021_03_19_03_10_42_400.thumb.png.6fb401907d7db207c41e6f96050e97f1.png

Commander skills:

WorldOfWarships64_2021_03_19_03_10_25_570.thumb.png.1d73edbf210500d5751f12ce67526285.png

[MBHH]
Players
794 posts

image.thumb.png.72fd30eaa1797e8e2c7a74c5fd5b148a.png

You can go for the full secondary build but at least in the third upgrade slot I would suggest to use aiming systems modification. Keep also in mind that you want to use your torps and decent rudder shift and turret traverse. 10.5km is enough for the secs. They do not really hit anything beyond.

So, following your build, select the one and two pointers as you prefer and finally the last four points four close quarters expert or even fire prevention.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
1,585 posts
18,643 battles
11 hours ago, Curesto said:

Pommern definitely and without any doubt. All the questions are irrelevant in coop. You ideally will yolo. The secondaries and, most of all, the torps will make you prevail. Just please, for the love of god, don't at some point jump from coop right into T9-randoms or even ranked.

Players
92 posts
703 battles
11 saat önce, Trench4nt dedi:

image.thumb.png.72fd30eaa1797e8e2c7a74c5fd5b148a.png

You can go for the full secondary build but at least in the third upgrade slot I would suggest to use aiming systems modification. Keep also in mind that you want to use your torps and decent rudder shift and turret traverse. 10.5km is enough for the secs. They do not really hit anything beyond.

So, following your build, select the one and two pointers as you prefer and finally the last four points four close quarters expert or even fire prevention.

Thanks.

11 saat önce, HMS_Kilinowski dedi:

Pommern definitely and without any doubt. All the questions are irrelevant in coop. You ideally will yolo. The secondaries and, most of all, the torps will make you prevail. Just please, for the love of god, don't at some point jump from coop right into T9-randoms or even ranked.

I hate PvP. I'm not planning play against real players. I'll go full secondaries.

• Cool 1