Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
luokailk

Yoshino, Marceau or Neutrashimmy?

15 comments in this topic

[KITEN]
Players
202 posts
22,109 battles

Hi guys, I’ve 300k coal now and am considering the 3 :

Yoshino, Marceau or Neutrashimmy

Coal is hard to earn so I’d like to know which one is the best choice ( for random and for competitive), or shall I wait for some upcoming new coal ships. ( if you know something is coming and is better than the above, please let me know)

Thanks à lot in advance 

[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,902 battles
2 minutes ago, luokailk said:

Coal is hard to earn so I’d like to know which one is the best choice ( for random and for competitive), or shall I wait for some upcoming new coal ships. ( if you know something is coming and is better than the above, please let me know)

Thanks à lot in advance 

Depends, are you a DD or cruiser main?

If comfy in DDs, Marceau and Neustrashimy are both very good picks that can perform far above the average, but are near polar opposites in playstyle.
If you prefer torp boats, Neustrashimy has amazing concealment, good torps and a very strong heal to help survive encounters that it shouldn't.
Weak guns (in terms of dpm, not shell performance), but you can actually fight other DDs to some extent because the boat has that stupid strong heal.
Marceau has ridiculous dpm but generally bad concealment, and requires you to be comfy with open water gunboating where you juke incoming fire to stay alive.

Yoshino I absolutely despise, as it tends to be captained by complete morons who sit 20kms away to throw torps onto friendly ships and farm fires.
Generally not an influential ship from my experiences (regardless of which team they are on).

[SM0KE]
Players
6,890 posts
15,440 battles
36 minutes ago, luokailk said:

I'm rubbish in cruisers, so I'll always pick one of the DDs; of the two, I much prefer Neustrashimy - zombie heal, good concealment, and 'good enough' torps/guns. For me, her key plus is survivability - as we all know, the longer a DD lasts (if it's doing useful things) in a game, the more impact it tends to have, and Neustra is excellent in that regard.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,163 posts
14,981 battles

If you're after the DDs - the Neustrashimy has smoke while the Marceau doesn't.

[SHAD]
Players
3,745 posts
15,129 battles

Marceau is a lot of fun and a great DD killer.

Neustrashiny has poor dpm but great during arcs. You can take it in, losemost of your health killing a DD  then repair it all back. Torps are very good also.

Yoshino is basically a long range HE spammer.

I would go with either destroyer.

[-HUN-]
[-HUN-]
Players
1,721 posts
11,786 battles

I have the same problem except I don't even have the coal for it yet :D

I want to get the Yoshino because it has been around a while and I am afraid they will take it away.

But I wans the Neustra because I have wanted it since it was mentioned to arrive. It is a good little DD with a nice heal and I like DDs.

I also want to have the Marceau for its special playstyle even though french DDs are not my go to ships mostly.

Damn I need to get a lot of coal :(

I guess I am gonna go for Neustra.

Players
919 posts
4,003 battles

Yoshino offers a rather boring play style. Long range HE and torp spam. She is not that agile to really get in close and she is huge. You will most likely not dominate with Yoshino and only collect useless fire damage. It is hard with her to decide games from what I have learned myself and have seen. With DDs at lrast in the current meta and the mostly suicide DDs you can at least decide games.

[THESO]
Players
823 posts
3,902 battles
17 minutes ago, bobtherterrible said:

When is the next coal coupon likely to arrive?

Mid June, says so on the "coupons" section ingame.

• Cool 1

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,901 battles

Neustrashimy is a good ship but im really loving the Marceau after getting it. It is just such a fun ship and reminds me of the old Khaba days before it was powercrept.

Players
454 posts
4 hours ago, JohnMac79 said:

Neustrashimy is a good ship but im really loving the Marceau after getting it. It is just such a fun ship and reminds me of the old Khaba days before it was powercrept.

Except the shells have an agreement with the moon to first land and touch the surface of the moon before landing on the enemy ship

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,769 posts
18 hours ago, luokailk said:

Thanks à lot in advance 

Honestly get Marco Polo or Pommern, if you have both of them and it HAS to be one of those 2 I guess Neustrashimy is the best one tier for tier...

[KITEN]
Players
675 posts
15,901 battles
49 minutes ago, kapnobathrac said:

Except the shells have an agreement with the moon to first land and touch the surface of the moon before landing on the enemy ship

But if you are even half decent at aiming its not really a problem. I mean compare it to the Leone and it makes Marceau look like Stalingrad...

49 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Honestly get Marco Polo.

I genuinely dont see the obsession with this ship, it looks extremely average and the changes to DE will really mess with it.

Players
58 posts
1,939 battles

I've gotten the marceau last month myself , she is a high skill floor DD , since she's quick to get into trouble with that speed and poor concealment .

Only recently i can say that i got enlightened to the playstyle , but i did love it from the first day even if some weren't that successful , it's just glorious when you catch a DD out of position , he's simply dead and he can't do anything to stop you . Also has decent AA for a DD and with DF it can make less skilled CVs wary of you . 

Don't have the other 2 so can't comment 

Sign in to follow this