You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Camperdown

Modest request and poll: operations

Which operation would you like to see reintroduced?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which operation do you want to see returned?

• The ultimate frontier
    • Hermes
    • Cherry blossom
    • Dynamo
    • Don't care
    • Other

31 comments in this topic

[LUZ1]
Players
1,420 posts
14,564 battles

Brawls, the Big Hunt etc: WG is spending significant resources on new game modes.

Yet a golden oldie has been requested often: ops. WG says no.

Modest request: bring just 1 of the old ops back. I understand the rewards would be adjusted to the new 'standard'.

Poll: which one would you want?

• Cool 4

Players
1,901 posts
9,578 battles
41 minuti fa, Camperdown ha scritto:

Brawls, the Big Hunt etc: WG is spending significant resources on new game modes.

Modest request: bring just 1 of the old ops back. I understand the rewards would be adjusted to the new 'standard'.

Dynamo, looks great but with old graphics, and not with the newer ones.

i would love having more operations, but they need to spend more on premium ships i guess...

its my opinion, why dont do operations instead of even more premium ships that didn't exist? if they want new cvs they could do shinano, hiryu, soryu ecc.. but they do werner voss, immelmann...

operations are loved by everyone afaik, and they're funny, in my opinion ofc

[FMJ]
Players
181 posts

I've only played operations for a couple of days so dont have any experiences of other operations to choose. What I would say is they are a blast and more operations ranging across more tiers whatever the operation is would be great. If a new player was able to start with co-op but then have a few goes in low tier operations before moving onto Randoms that would probably benefit everyone.

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,647 posts
4,358 battles

Which was the night operation ? Hermes ? can't remember ....

Players
1,901 posts
9,578 battles

@YabbaCoe can we have another operation?

(if you can do something about it)

and which did you like the most? i didn't have the time to play any of them, i joined the game later :/

[HOO]
Players
2,193 posts
3,927 battles
1 hour ago, Camperdown said:

You need another option, which is what I really wanted to answer ... All of them

• Cool 7

[-STD-]
Players
89 posts
1,316 battles

Never played any of them, but maybe Cherry Blossom

[CHEFT]
Players
12,664 posts
9,841 battles
26 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Which was the night operation ? Hermes ? can't remember ....

Cherry Blossom

Which id also like to have back. Since its the highest tier, there is atleast hope that itll give slightly better rewards than the T6 or T7 OPs.

While i used to play Dynamo a lot, i dont think it would be worth playing to get 1000 base XP :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
6,814 posts
4,524 battles
Před 24 minutami arquata2019 řekl/a:

@YabbaCoe can we have another operation?

(if you can do something about it)

and which did you like the most? i didn't have the time to play any of them, i joined the game later :/

I mentioned that before, that unfortunately it is not likely that new operation would return, as now it doesn't have high importance for development.

There is always a chance, that in future some of old operations can return, but currently it is unlikely, it would be done soon.

Personally I liked Dynamo the most

• Bad 1
  • Angry 3

[ALYEN]
Players
2,647 posts
4,358 battles
3 minutes ago, YabbaCoe said:

I mentioned that before, that unfortunately it is not likely that new operation would return, as now it doesn't have high importance for development.

There is always a chance, that in future some of old operations can return, but currently it is unlikely, it would be done soon.

Personally I liked Dynamo the most

we understand that "Hey we returned this Operation!" is not such a nice marketing like the useless Big Crap event or visual improvements (that actually make the game worse - tracers), but this game is starved for content other than random battle variations or anything where you can division with more than 3 people ...

[EUTF]
Players
282 posts
6,995 battles

Suggestion to WG financial department

Add a new operation that everyone will love
Add a requirement that after 2 plays (weekly reset) on it you will require to buy a access ticket

That ticket ofc will cost 500 doubloons OR you can get one free from or new RNG lootbox's assign to our eshop which can also drop some other valuable items even some rare ships (makarov 100% drop :p ) for only 1000 doubloon per item.

:Smile_hiding::Smile_popcorn::Smile_trollface:

[SM0KE]
Players
6,976 posts
15,475 battles
39 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

All of them

This.

I voted 'Cherry Blossom' as it was probably the most use of the discontinued ones (more ship choices), although Dynamo was probably my favourite...

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,170 posts
15,130 battles

I liked Cherry Blossom and Dynamo but as I was only able to choose one I went for Cherry Blossom.

I've forgotten what Hermes was.  Found it - it was Allies vs German;

Spoiler

• Cool 2

[EUTF]
Players
282 posts
6,995 battles

Staying on topic now il personally want all to come back they were so fun all of them and when i could play only for 30mins i would  do 2 speed-runs on them for fun but WG decide operations dont bring easy money so they send them back to the recycle bin sadly.

WG could add some lower Operations for T3 to T5 ships with some historical cammos for alot of ships and add them so people could buy them for real money and get money back but who cares when Arp yamato gets more money they arent stupid.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,170 posts
15,130 battles
4 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

I voted 'Cherry Blossom' as it was probably the most use of the discontinued ones (more ship choices), although Dynamo was probably my favourite...

Taking out Cossack in a mostly lower tier BB played game was a bit OP but facing all those S-Boats was crazy.

• Cool 2

[TACHA]
Players
514 posts
2,697 battles

All of them + New ones.

Seriously, we need more TVIII Ops, I mean that's where all the Premiums are so why wouldn't you make Ops to tempt people into getting more Premium ships to run them with?

• Cool 2

Players
630 posts
5,063 battles
53 minutes ago, Nauseica said:

Suggestion to WG financial department

Add a new operation that everyone will love
Add a requirement that after 2 plays (weekly reset) on it you will require to buy a access ticket

That ticket ofc will cost 500 doubloons OR you can get one free from or new RNG lootbox's assign to our eshop which can also drop some other valuable items even some rare ships (makarov 100% drop :p ) for only 1000 doubloon per item.

:Smile_hiding::Smile_popcorn::Smile_trollface:

I would pay. I don't think I'm the only one.

I suspect it just wouldn't be good from their marketing/message point of view, as they do not make you pay for other game modes and want to keep the game as free to play. So it's not just a question of profit vs investment (i.e. getting their own money and then some back from players buying in), but that this kind of monetisation is probably as a matter of principle  something they don't want to do.

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
440 posts
13,583 battles

I don't know any of them, must have missed them. Don't know which one to vote for. Would love to see all of them I guess. Would be really fun to play some new operations. 

• Cool 1

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
440 posts
13,583 battles
2 minutes ago, arttuperkunas said:

I would pay. I don't think I'm the only one.

I might pay, but only for permanent access. Not gonna pay for temporary access. 

Altough I doubt placing access to a game mode behind a paywall is good for the population (queue time) for that game mode. 

[BFS]
Beta Tester
2,170 posts
15,130 battles
6 minutes ago, Purnylla said:

I don't know any of them, must have missed them. Don't know which one to vote for. Would love to see all of them I guess. Would be really fun to play some new operations. 

WG removed a number due to the CV rework.

WG have stated that Operations are not popular with players.  It's almost like they are trying to prove that's right by removing a number (Cherry Blossom, Dynamo and Hermes) and some others remove for a while (Narai) and bring back with nerfed bonuses.

• Cool 4

[GEUS]
[GEUS]
Players
440 posts
13,583 battles
5 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

WG have stated that Operations are not popular with players.  It's almost like they are trying to prove that's right by removing a number (Cherry Blossom, Dynamo and Hermes) and some others remove for a while (Narai) and bring back with nerfed bonuses.

Yeah it does sound like a bit of self-fullfilling prophecy when things like Key Battles need to be encouraged with all kinds of rewards, while Operation rewards got nerfed. 

I'm also quite surprised by the number of clanmates cursing the Ranked game mode, but still playing it because of the rewards... 

• Cool 5

Players
123 posts
1,280 battles

Operations are the best PVE part of the game

Weird that WG doesnt make more, more historical ones too

No need for 100% historical accuracy

Operation : The hunt for Bismarck

Need to get through all plan Z fleet before getting to him :D

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles
1 hour ago, wot_2016_gunner said:

how about ALL OF THEM + NEW ONES 

Thats exactly the option I was looking for in the poll!