You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Snowy_a

The new shell and torpedo visuals look worse lmao

47 comments in this topic

[BABBY]
Players
91 posts
4,774 battles

After all this biased praise of the art deparment they have ruined one of the few good things about this game the feeling of the guns

Explanation: probably the guys who made it initially have left the studio and now some idiots are learning and thinking they are improving something

• Cool 10

Players
2,165 posts
13,095 battles

And the water splash animation looks like it's in slow motion with initial delay. Already reported this in the current update forum, along the exactly same issue with shells, tracers and torps visuals.

• Cool 4

[BABBY]
Players
91 posts
4,774 battles
8 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

And the water splash animation looks like it's in slow motion with initial delay. Already reported this in the current update forum, along the exactly same issue with shells, tracers and torps visuals.

-deleted-

Modder
5,396 posts
24,445 battles

This was to be expected, so i very like those "improvements", which only force people to waste time to mod it to previous state. Especially barely visible torpedos are just great. It's obvious that person which done this, do not play this game.

• Cool 6

Players
2,588 posts

Fire effect and water splashes feel almost as if got reverted to what had been before the last "overhaul". :Smile_facepalm:

Not only bad, but in effect total waste of studio time. I guess WG has just hired new Art department manager who's never played the game...

I'm glad land explosions have gotten improved though! One of the most important aspects of the game, widely requested by the community! :Smile_medal: /s

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[TF]
Players
125 posts
2,092 battles

Maybe the objective was to improve performance on low-end PCs, rather than improving quality with a perf hit ? they should give us a choice.

[BABBY]
Players
91 posts
4,774 battles

can somone explain to me, at this point I am really having personal grudge with this guy

How did flamu praise the new visual update

Then the whole community startted repeating the sam ething I saw under every wows video top comments only about giviring art department raise

The other spineless content creators made the same videos praising the art department probably because they saw this cringe fucktard do it and in the end its not even an improvmenet

Sometimes you just  want to meet someone in person and kick his [edited]i have never felt more hopeless how is this community so biased so edited so naive its built on flamu fanboys for real

edited

ON TOP OF THAT the new effects are ported from WOWS BLITZ

NOBODY EVEN MENTIONED THAT

but I read "Art department CARRYING the game" repeated for a [edited]month now jeezus this is the most hopeless community ive seen in my life edited

Edited by floribe2000
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,153 posts
22,966 battles
5 minutes ago, Snowy_a said:

How did flamu praise the new visual update

He praised it on the test server. Who knows what potato changes we got on live.

Players
293 posts
4,340 battles

I for one actually like the new shell tracers over the old one. 

DB's bomb drops look kinda weird tho, and torpedo tracings are definitely harder to see now. 

But overall, I love the new fire animations. The smoke coming from the said fire also looks more realistic than the one before as well. 

• Cool 3

[LX]
Players
292 posts
20,725 battles

Agreed, the torps are definitely harder to see, I just had a really hard time spotting them against the sea where sunlight was being reflected off the surface.

I like the other changes though - so give credit where it's due.

Seeing the AA guns blaze into action is nice.

The smoke from DDs using engine boost can look a bit odd though.

Almost a bit lumpy like the engine is mis-firing, maybe that is one of those things that takes getting used to.

[CN_]
Moderator, WoWs Wiki Team, Freibeuter
2,403 posts
7,160 battles

I removed insults from one of the posts.

Please try to avoid insulting others, it doesn't matter if it's targeted at a single player or a group of players. An insult remains an insult.

• Cool 2

Players
248 posts
2,902 battles

Torpedoes looks more realistic under water, which is a good thing. Planes dropping when shot looks great too. 

Thumbs up for WG for another nice update

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,972 posts
5,228 battles
4 hours ago, Snowy_a said:

the new effects are ported from WOWS BLITZ

I haven't played the update yet but I seriously doubt we just got android/iphone graphics. Say what you want of this game but it looks great, you try running this on a phone your phone will explode.

• Boring 1

[BABBY]
Players
91 posts
4,774 battles
27 minutes ago, Gwynbleidd11 said:

Torpedoes looks more realistic under water, which is a good thing. Planes dropping when shot looks great too. 

Thumbs up for WG for another nice update

I like their updates I think they are doing fantastic job but this visual update is very bad

For me personally its so bad I lost desire to play its just not satisfying anymore landing hits

Players
847 posts
8,054 battles
56 minutes ago, floribe2000 said:

I removed insults from one of the posts.

Please try to avoid insulting others, it doesn't matter if it's targeted at a single player or a group of players. An insult remains an insult.

You missed one. Sorry you had to clean up the post, though :)

• Funny 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,951 posts
21,708 battles

Bombs are now meteors apparently.

6K3RYO0.png

(not my screenshot)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles
7 minutes ago, Bear__Necessities said:

"barley disable torps"...

Or. Pay attention to your surroundings?....

for some people, everything is barely visible I guess?

I just had an Alaska behind me in Benham. I run into a Benson, the Benson smokes up. So im waiting for the radar... nada. That Alaska is max 9 km away from the benson, rather less. Im in chat. "Alaska. Radar".....waiting...nothing. Torps are passing me. I go again "ALASKA THERE IS A DD INFRONT OF YOU RADAR IT!... nothing....oh wait, something is happening? I hear... topedo hits...1..2..3 BOOM, dev strike, dead Alaska. Like wtf? can you imagine? Getting away with such a play in Benson vs Benham/Alaska and you walk away with 50+k damage and a dev strike.

oh yea completly off topic but its one of "those days". and new visuals suck, I couldnt care less. improve the game and the playerbase, rest is non-sense.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BBMM]
Players
6,988 posts
10,131 battles
14 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

I go again "ALASKA THERE IS A DD INFRONT OF YOU RADAR IT!... nothing

One more of the chatbanned, maybe? :Smile_trollface:

On the other hand, seems like 'the new normal' nowadays. :Smile_sceptic:

[GWR]
Players
568 posts
9,790 battles
2 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

oh yea completly off topic but its one of "those days". and new visuals suck, I couldnt care less. improve the game and the playerbase, rest is non-sense.

yup sums it up

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,153 posts
22,966 battles

Just played some games, and to be honest the effects aren't an upgrade. I was looking forward to them, but they are a letdown. And I have a good gaming setup.

Both torpedo wakes and shell contrails look much worse, they are thin and barely visible. The water splashes somehow look worse. I started looking into mods to revert them to the old style.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1