Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mercy_Main

Buying Roosevelt using doubloons?

20 comments in this topic

[MIND]
[MIND]
Players
50 posts
3,366 battles

Hi,

Is there any way to obtain the Roosevelt cv using doubloons? Or am I really going to have to grind materials to be able to get it?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[_I_]
Players
1,086 posts
20,883 battles

I hope those are free dubloons and not bought with real money :D

get grinding for that steel though!

Players
111 posts
2 minutes ago, Mercy_Main said:

Is there any way to obtain the Roosevelt cv using doubloons?

No. And that's a good thing

3 minutes ago, Mercy_Main said:

Or am I really going to have to grind materials to be able to get it?

Yes you do. And that's also a good thing

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[DREAD]
Players
10,865 posts
7,471 battles
3 minutes ago, Mercy_Main said:

Hi,

Is there any way to obtain the Roosevelt cv using doubloons? Or am I really going to have to grind materials to be able to get it?

As far as I know there isn’t. You need steel which you get through ranked and clan battles 

Beta Tester
3,636 posts
16,605 battles
8 minutes ago, Mercy_Main said:

Hi,

This thread is amazing on so many levels... 

• Cool 10
  • Funny 2

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles
22 minutes ago, Mercy_Main said:

Find someone, who owns her, shower him with "real dubloons" until satisfied, buy account = profit.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[ENUF_]
Players
647 posts
23,858 battles

With nearly every dockyard you can buy steel for doubloons (combined with grinding the missions).

Players
2,169 posts
13,097 battles
4 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Find someone, who owns her, shower him with "real dubloons" until satisfied, buy account = profit.

Did the other "farm model" that existed on NA in the past die down? You know, certain unicum clans selling single temporary spots in their clan for real cash (a lot of it from what i've heard) to carry said "new member" through CBs until their steel farming was complete, then kicked out the "new member" and everyone was happy. This was when CBs had bigger teams and pre-free steel for everything though.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
7,774 posts
7 hours ago, Mercy_Main said:

No, you need to collect the steel, you can however grind Midway and Haku for free both of which are prob better time investement...

IMO unless you are either a hardcore collector or had someone serving aboard her so you want her because od that she aint worth it

Players
921 posts
6,026 battles
2 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Did the other "farm model" that existed on NA in the past die down? You know, certain unicum clans selling single temporary spots in their clan for real cash (a lot of it from what i've heard) to carry said "new member" through CBs until their steel farming was complete, then kicked out the "new member" and everyone was happy. This was when CBs had bigger teams and pre-free steel for everything though.

i almost replied with the 'funny' reaction.... but. ugh.

Players
2,169 posts
13,097 battles
42 minutes ago, SkollUlfr said:

i almost replied with the 'funny' reaction.... but. ugh.

Yeah it's sad. But there was also a market for the other way, mercenaries. Today this is a game feature, but back then there were unicum mercenaries on NA and EU (probably all servers) who sold their service to clans for real cash. They made a pretty penny and pushed clans into the high ranks where they didn't belong. A couple of them even streamed this and bragged about it on stream. A popular one of this species got banned because he was smart enough to stream with active aimbot on the screen - pretty sure quite a few here remember this guy and what clan he was from. Certain clans also had alt clans to farm steel and joined them with a group of the same players, jumping from one alt clan to the next, like locusts. This eventually led to player bans, several clan disband and the 3-day wait time between leaving a clan and joining another one. Back then there was no downtime or maybe an hour, i can't remember. You could leave a clan and just join the next one without waiting.

Players
7,312 posts
11,668 battles
2 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

This eventually led to player bans, several clan disband and the 3-day wait time between leaving a clan and joining another one. Back then there was no downtime or maybe an hour, i can't remember. You could leave a clan and just join the next one without waiting. 

Its funny, that know with mercs, this is all obsolete. Havent even thought about the possibility to make easy cash this way rofl. Im sure it does work, given the fact what this playerbase is paying for other things...

Yea no idea, if thats a thing still in NA, it isnt over here, else we would see it, when facing other hurricane clans right now, but nobody has a non-clan XxX_BISMARCK_SNIPERZ_XxX in their line up :D

[SHAD]
Players
3,805 posts
15,184 battles

Nominal T10 value is 35,000.

There is no way they’d sell a steel ship for that.

How much would you pay? 50,000? 100,000?

[TORAZ]
Players
491 posts
26,651 battles

you really dont wanna do that 

Players
454 posts
57 minutes ago, gopher31 said:

Nominal T10 value is 35,000.

There is no way they’d sell a steel ship for that.

How much would you pay? 50,000? 100,000?

Dollars of course according to wg math

• Funny 1

Players
927 posts
4,056 battles
15 hours ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

This thread is amazing on so many levels... 

First I had a little laugh too. Then I realized OP's statement is basically the essence of WG's promotion and incentivation of dying oneselve up the tiers, wanting to unlock everything in one go, losing passion for the game and respect for its community more and more and establishing ignorance, learning resistance and unsportsmanship to a level that no other community will ever degenerate to. In no other community than WG's there is close to zero learning curve going along with hundreds and even thousands of hours of in game time. And the worst part is: These players are the majority and their amount grows larger and larger everyday. Give 'em what they want: Tier IXs, tier Xs with legendary modules before the first random battle. Let 'em unlock everything in a wannabe fights against bots and then ruin commited player's games in randoms, let 'em rage and insult after they have suicided. Neglect what has made this game once promising. They will never learn.

• Cool 1

Players
1,916 posts
23,231 battles
16 hours ago, Mercy_Main said:

Hi,

Grind, you casual, grind! :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
261 posts
21,114 battles

Sometimes i'm so happy steel is harder to get for some.
This threat made my day :P
Imagine all the extra FDR cv's if you just could buy them with free-xp

(mabye i shoudn't have posted this, because of WG)

Players
1,916 posts
23,231 battles
16 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

As far as I know there isn’t. You need steel which you get through ranked and clan battles 

I wanna be constructive and helpful for a tiny moment... actually there is a way! 

Buy in Dockyard events the whole ship with dubloons and do the Dockyard missions. Usually you get some Steel for that. 

@OP Happy whaling! 

• Funny 1

[CAG]
Beta Tester
144 posts
13,198 battles
1 hour ago, GaCommanderGice said:

Sometimes i'm so happy steel is harder to get for some.
This threat made my day :P
Imagine all the extra FDR cv's if you just could buy them with free-xp

(mabye i shoudn't have posted this, because of WG)

Why do you think WG is testing skipping bombs right now? :fish_boom:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this