Sign in to follow this  
TheWarJaC

Update 0.10.2 - General Feedback

48 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,492 posts
926 battles

Hi Captains, Welcome to Update 0.10.2! As always, in this thread, you can leave your opinions and impressions about the last installation of the game. 

But first some preliminary information about the update. 

The game client update to version 0.10.2 starts: Tue. 16 Mar. 07:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Tue. 16 Mar. 07:00

Update size: 4,5 GB. After installing the update, you can continue playing the current version of World of Warships.

Due to the installation of the update, the server will be unavailable

from: Thu. 18 Mar. 06:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Thu. 18 Mar. 06:00

until: Thu. 18 Mar. 09:00 CET (UTC+1) / your local time: Thu. 18 Mar. 09:00

As soon as the server is updated and server maintenance is complete, you'll be able to immediately play the new version of World

Followingly, instead, you will find the links to the other threads related to this update's main features:

Players
115 posts

would it be possible that the gamecenter switch to another downloadsever, node whatever,  if it runs into a timeout ?

is VERY annoying, that this isn't the default setup !

same for gamecenter itself !

[TAYTO]
Players
876 posts
9,645 battles

Epic centre is still shite.
We're still forced to rush to the epic centre to die as quickly as possible play this dogshit.
Yolo and out is the best way to do this.

Or you could learn the lesson WoT learned many years ago and give us the option to not see this shite mode again

WG Staff
2,492 posts
926 battles
17 hours ago, totosniperofhell said:

would it be possible that the gamecenter switch to another downloadsever, node whatever,  if it runs into a timeout ?

is VERY annoying, that this isn't the default setup !

same for gamecenter itself !

Hi Totosniperofhell,

In most cases, the issue you described is on the client of the users. The download can get blocked by an antivirus or by the firewall, ad example.

The WGC tries to use the best connection for the download. It has a peer-to-peer function, where files can get downloaded from different sources. Also, it has the option to allow uploading, so the patch is shared much faster. 😊

Players
3 posts
4,809 battles

Not a big bug but showing "big hunt" ships while you select ranked (silver) feels dumb to me. But you cant start a battle with them :)

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,329 posts
7,872 battles

Ok, WG is the tech tree broken ?

It is telling me that I need to pay 11 000 XP for Rhein, a ship that I currently own in my port !!

Same thing for Kotovsky, even though I sold it after it was introduced ...

WG Staff
2,492 posts
926 battles
22 minutes ago, johncl said:

In a word 10.2 ...Uneventful ..

What about the new game mode Big Hunt? Have you tried it? 😊

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,176 posts
9,978 battles
15 minutes ago, TheWarJaC said:

I did :P

on 80k Tokens now.

I always like Modes in which I dont have to Rely on Random Teammates. So.....

Frankly You should give us such a Battle Royal Mode with Standard Ships :P

• Cool 1

Players
2,043 posts
3,820 battles
3 ore fa, Sunleader ha scritto:

I always like Modes in which I dont have to Rely on Random Teammates. So.....

Yeah same; i only played it enought today to get the new ships; meanwhile i already completed the first directive :Smile_teethhappy:

I'm at 47k BP, which is enough to get everthing from the cheap bundles (120k for the mediums and 375k for the big ones) so i'll just wait a bit, because of the premium account day, and then i'll just yoing everything from the cheap ones; then try to get 120k for the medium bundles and so on; 

[KKDR]
Players
17 posts
11,720 battles

since the update i have noticed my crosshair, type 8 static is busted. My black aiming dot in the middle does not drop shells anywhere near ships. Anybody else notice this? cant be just me.

[KKDR]
Players
17 posts
11,720 battles
25 minutes ago, wodewose said:

since the update i have noticed my crosshair, type 8 static is busted. My black aiming dot in the middle does not drop shells anywhere near ships. Anybody else notice this? cant be just me.

my loading circle is below the aiming dot. if i use this as my aiming point it hits but is such a large circle when firing my hit rate is way down. any help fixing this please?

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,288 posts
26,206 battles

Haven't really noticed much of a difference on the new graphics...

Ok, changed some things and now I can see the changes, (like removing calm seas)

[THESO]
Players
8,159 posts
41,981 battles
1 hour ago, tsounts said:

Haven't really noticed much of a difference on the new graphics...

Ok, changed some things and now I can see the changes, (like removing calm seas)

Well the torp traces are almost invisible.... I think the deep water torps should look like that, the normal torps should be easier to see. If not the indicator I could not see any.

• Cool 1

[KKDR]
Players
17 posts
11,720 battles
2 hours ago, wodewose said:

my loading circle is below the aiming dot. if i use this as my aiming point it hits but is such a large circle when firing my hit rate is way down. any help fixing this please?

i got disconected after trying to play in about 10 battles and when i came back it was working again? top update wg. A small tip. please do not bring out updates just to keep your coders busy.

[O-V]
Players
105 posts
8,763 battles
8 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

It looks ridiculous ..Space ships and monsters ??? ...im not 12 sorry ,  I won't even play 1 battle 

I don't even like silly camouflage patterns .

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,575 posts
4,334 battles
8 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

can't progress in the tech tree or on captains, not interested ...

[SHAFT]
[SHAFT]
Players
1,288 posts
26,206 battles

Not even touching such sci fi modes.... It would have been much better if there were historic events or some sort of historic battles rather than space monsters and flying pumpkins dropping lasers on you...

Other remarks: No matter the updates the playerbase seems the same uneducated one....

• Cool 1

WG Staff
2,492 posts
926 battles
On 3/18/2021 at 11:28 AM, captain_fonky said:

Not a big bug but showing "big hunt" ships while you select ranked (silver) feels dumb to me. But you cant start a battle with them :)

Edit---  Apparently, even by ticking the "Hide unsuitable ships" option, the Big Hunt ships are not hidden when selecting different modes. We are investigating the problem.

13 hours ago, johncl said:

It looks ridiculous ..Space ships and monsters ??? ...im not 12 sorry ,  I won't even play 1 battle 

I don't even like silly camouflage patterns .

I understand how this game mode is not everybody’s cup of tea; our player base is heterogeneous, though. Some players prefer more historical content. Other players might dig some more diverse and imaginative kinds of settings, and some captains enjoy both (me, ad example.) Of course, you can decide you are not interested and don’t play the Big Hunt, but you shouldn’t deny that it is a new addition to the game and that some players might be interested in it.  😊

[ALYEN]
Players
2,575 posts
4,334 battles
1 minute ago, TheWarJaC said:

(But, by completing missions, you can unlock more modules and hulls for your ships!)

You mean for the Event Ships ? Those go away after the event. Basically ANY XP progress other than Elite/FreeXP is gone and those 2 are not really interesting for me, I have a few T9 DDs to grind and I am much better served with Ranked.

[FAILS]
Players
704 posts
21,763 battles

Why are the Big Hunt ships not hidden when you activate the port filter for "hide unsuitable ships" when you have any other game mode but Big Hunt selected? Seems to me like they should.

WG Staff
2,492 posts
926 battles
5 minutes ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

You mean for the Event Ships ? Those go away after the event. Basically ANY XP progress other than Elite/FreeXP is gone and those 2 are not really interesting for me, I have a few T9 DDs to grind and I am much better served with Ranked.

Yup, I mean the ships from the Big Hunt event. I still find it very fun to grind through missions to unlock crazy upgrades for those ships, even though it is just temporary. Also, as I mentioned, I like the game mode. But you have a different gaming-schedule, so I see your point. Fair enough 😉

15 minutes ago, BruceRKF said:

Why are the Big Hunt ships not hidden when you activate the port filter for "hide unsuitable ships" when you have any other game mode but Big Hunt selected? Seems to me like they should.

Hi BuceRKF, 

We replicated this issue and I agree with you. We opened a bug report to investigate the problem. Thank you for this. 😊

• Cool 1

[-RNR-]
Players
1,243 posts
22 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

I had a go on the first morning long enough to get the Avenger and get mugged anytime I went near the portal. I do enjoy some of these new game modes but not the last two (No Game Progress and Shoddy Prizes imo) and the ships the Cammo;s fit are long gone, so I took the Coal for Credits and ran but Hey each to their own Civ Vl till the next patch unless something I like pops up

[ALYEN]
Players
2,575 posts
4,334 battles

I have encountered an interesting bug and I am not sure it is not a network problem on my side.

I played ranked, 4 games:

image.png.8a2cedc154b62b4352468331bad764da.png

When the last battle ended, I was booted into port without a result screen. When I tried to click on the last battle I got this:

image.png.c15544fe40d5d383fc0f016514ab1325.png

I was not disconnected as you can see in the list of 4 games. Normally when you DC and relog, you can see the last battle and that's it, or the list is empty.

But the client behaves as if I was disconnected.

The session stats mod shows only 3 battles played:

image.png.6e93017a668f953627af1ac47b1b4300.png

But I do have the last star earned for the 4th game.

Not sure what happened ....

[ALYEN]
Players
2,575 posts
4,334 battles
11 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Yup, I mean the ships from the Big Hunt event. I still find it very fun to grind through missions to unlock crazy upgrades for those ships, even though it is just temporary. Also, as I mentioned, I like the game mode. But you have a different gaming-schedule, so I see your point. Fair enough 😉

😊

I don't find it worth my time to grind something, that will be taken away from me in a few weeks while I still have a lot I want to grind in the tech tree ...

Would you play the game if your overall progress would be reset each month and you'd be handed completely new ships ?