TheWarJaC

Update 0.10.2 - Big Hunt

39 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles

BIG HUNT

81d2e1bc-830b-11eb-85bd-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

Update 0.10.2 brings a new temporary battle type called "Big Hunt"—a revamped version of the Key Battle that went live in Update 0.9.10. Demonstrate your skills as you stand against foes in an engaging competition of the future by assuming command over a ship that represents one of three corporations!

The new battle type pits 16 players against each other and AI-controlled monsters on the gigantic Polygon map.

• Your main objective is to exit the Polygon via the Portal located at the center of the map. Be cautious—the Portal opens up only some time after the battle starts.
  • You start out alone, but you can gather a team directly in battle.
  • It’s now possible to enter battle as part of a Division, but each player still starts the battle on their own. To coordinate their efforts, Division mates will need to locate each other on the map and build up their team.
  • The Big Hunt ends when all surviving players exit through the Portal, or when the battle time expires.

245fd8d8-830f-11eb-9b0c-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

A temporary resource—Battle Points—will be issued to players for destroying monsters and other players.

• Specifically for the Big Hunt, we've added a new boss ship called Aurora. Defeating her won't be smooth sailing, but doing so will bring a huge amount of Battle Points to the team that sinks her.

2445a206-830f-11eb-9d35-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

• Having accrued a certain number of Battle Points, you can reinforce your ship directly in battle.
  • Any Battle Points you earn won’t be lost or spent in battle. You can exchange them for rewards in the Armory.
  • Successfully exiting the Polygon will double the amount of Battle Points you get.

Grab the helm of one of a total of six ships, and try your luck in the Big Hunt! Each ship has a wide variety of modules that can have a significant impact on gameplay.

The first three ships, which you are likely to already be familiar with from the Key Battle, are available immediately with all of their modules. The three new ships—X Hector, X Avenger, and X Whirlwind—and all of their modules will become available after completing chains of combat missions.

63521298-8316-11eb-94b9-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

Each ship is equipped with distinct types of weapons and consumables that can have a drastic impact on gameplay. X Hector, for example, can dive underwater, where she has greater speed and maneuverability, and can also ignore enemy shells and torpedoes for a short period of time. X Avenger can be equipped with large-caliber mortars that have a big impact zone. X Whirlwind offers a wide selection of torpedo armament and is capable of regenerating HP by damaging her enemies.

More details on the Big Hunt rules, as well as the available rewards in the Armory, will come in a dedicated article on our website

[TAYTO]
Players
879 posts
9,652 battles

Uhm, wtaf?
Does anyone know wtf is going on in this?

How does chat work? Why does it work sometimes but not other times?
Wtf am I supposed to be shooting? Blobs or ships?
Wtf is the "torpedo" cone aiming at cos it isn't wtf I want it to be aiming at.

Ain't wasting any more time and electricity on this

Players
1,119 posts
On 3/17/2021 at 9:34 PM, TheWarJaC said:

BIG HUNT

81d2e1bc-830b-11eb-85bd-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

Update 0.10.2 brings a new temporary battle type called "Big Hunt"—a revamped version of the Key Battle that went live in Update 0.9.10. Demonstrate your skills as you stand against foes in an engaging competition of the future by assuming command over a ship that represents one of three corporations!

The new battle type pits 16 players against each other and AI-controlled monsters on the gigantic Polygon map.

• Your main objective is to exit the Polygon via the Portal located at the center of the map. Be cautious—the Portal opens up only some time after the battle starts.
  • You start out alone, but you can gather a team directly in battle.
  • It’s now possible to enter battle as part of a Division, but each player still starts the battle on their own. To coordinate their efforts, Division mates will need to locate each other on the map and build up their team.
  • The Big Hunt ends when all surviving players exit through the Portal, or when the battle time expires.

245fd8d8-830f-11eb-9b0c-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

A temporary resource—Battle Points—will be issued to players for destroying monsters and other players.

• Specifically for the Big Hunt, we've added a new boss ship called Aurora. Defeating her won't be smooth sailing, but doing so will bring a huge amount of Battle Points to the team that sinks her.

2445a206-830f-11eb-9d35-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

• Having accrued a certain number of Battle Points, you can reinforce your ship directly in battle.
  • Any Battle Points you earn won’t be lost or spent in battle. You can exchange them for rewards in the Armory.
  • Successfully exiting the Polygon will double the amount of Battle Points you get.

Grab the helm of one of a total of six ships, and try your luck in the Big Hunt! Each ship has a wide variety of modules that can have a significant impact on gameplay.

The first three ships, which you are likely to already be familiar with from the Key Battle, are available immediately with all of their modules. The three new ships—X Hector, X Avenger, and X Whirlwind—and all of their modules will become available after completing chains of combat missions.

63521298-8316-11eb-94b9-8cdcd4b147d4.jpg

Each ship is equipped with distinct types of weapons and consumables that can have a drastic impact on gameplay. X Hector, for example, can dive underwater, where she has greater speed and maneuverability, and can also ignore enemy shells and torpedoes for a short period of time. X Avenger can be equipped with large-caliber mortars that have a big impact zone. X Whirlwind offers a wide selection of torpedo armament and is capable of regenerating HP by damaging her enemies.

More details on the Big Hunt rules, as well as the available rewards in the Armory, will come in a dedicated article on our website

It's nice to see unique game modes, but where are the space battle modes that we actually want. But anyway it would be nice to split this game into two

The historical part (the current game)

The Sci-fi part (where such gamemode become permanent, and the ships you add in, become part of tech trees like the previous halloween event that wasn't key battle 

Players
25 posts
5,950 battles

So, playing big hunt when siddenly:

image.thumb.png.c3b65724397a53945ba9a7fe5cdc06ee.png

The persons i had grouped up with sufferd the same problem, camera simply stopped moving, timer froze and consumables went bonkers. One left to restart the game the other went to port a minute after i took this picture, i sat it out curious what would happen. Turns out everything was stil going forward, i just couldn't do anything. I couln't even use the minimap to get the autopilot to guide my ship to the portal. Got booted abck to port when my ship inevitably got sunk.

Besides that hickup, its been fun so far, but please, do fix this when you find whats causing it. This is quite literaly a game breaking bug

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles
9 hours ago, totally_potato said:

It's nice to see unique game modes, but where are the space battle modes that we actually want. But anyway it would be nice to split this game into two

The historical part (the current game)

The Sci-fi part (where such gamemode become permanent, and the ships you add in, become part of tech trees like the previous halloween event that wasn't key battle 

Ciao Captain, 

At the moment I have no info regarding Space Battles, but they could return in the future, yeah.  

(I will mention your feedback about a separate sci-fi part internally, i am science fiction nerd myself  😉)

1 hour ago, Comrade_Fluffs said:

So, playing big hunt when siddenly:

image.thumb.png.c3b65724397a53945ba9a7fe5cdc06ee.png

The persons i had grouped up with sufferd the same problem, camera simply stopped moving, timer froze and consumables went bonkers. One left to restart the game the other went to port a minute after i took this picture, i sat it out curious what would happen. Turns out everything was stil going forward, i just couldn't do anything. I couln't even use the minimap to get the autopilot to guide my ship to the portal. Got booted abck to port when my ship inevitably got sunk.

Besides that hickup, its been fun so far, but please, do fix this when you find whats causing it. This is quite literaly a game breaking bug

Hi Comrade Fluffs, 

I am sorry for your inconvenience. Could you please open a bug report about it with our Customer Service, including a replay and a Wgcheck

In the meanwhile,  try to repair the client, run the game in safe mode and remove all the mods. 😊

[SICA]
Players
225 posts
29,584 battles

Right now, players in Big Hunt do this crap: join you in a division, let you get close, eventually let you gather some points, THEN LEAVE THE DIVISION AND ATTACK YOUR SHIP, destroying it!!! This happened at least three times until now. God damn backstabbers...
Do you developers have that thing called common sense? Just a little? How comes NONE of you thought this is possible and is ruining the gameplay? Do you read the logs of the battles to see how players act in this type of battle? What kind of gameplay allowing such miserable behavior is this, anyway? 
How hard is to make the division joining active one time per battle? You decide to join a division, and you stick with it until your ship is destroyed or you pass through portal. Teach players to be honorable. 
And if you can't teach them this, force them. What are they doing equals the team kill in other game battle types (PVE, random), back in those times when you could shoot repeatedly a teammate until you sink his ship. Don't give them the choice of backstabbing other players, ffs...

Players
1,119 posts
3 hours ago, thunder3oo said:

Right now, players in Big Hunt do this crap: join you in a division, let you get close, eventually let you gather some points, THEN LEAVE THE DIVISION AND ATTACK YOUR SHIP, destroying it!!! This happened at least three times until now. God damn backstabbers...
Do you developers have that thing called common sense? Just a little? How comes NONE of you thought this is possible and is ruining the gameplay? Do you read the logs of the battles to see how players act in this type of battle? What kind of gameplay allowing such miserable behavior is this, anyway? 
How hard is to make the division joining active one time per battle? You decide to join a division, and you stick with it until your ship is destroyed or you pass through portal. Teach players to be honorable. 
And if you can't teach them this, force them. What are they doing equals the team kill in other game battle types (PVE, random), back in those times when you could shoot repeatedly a teammate until you sink his ship. Don't give them the choice of backstabbing other players, ffs...

The element of surprise is what makes this mode fun for others. And u should not have honor in a WG title. If they suddenly start attacking you, you attack them.

[SICA]
Players
225 posts
29,584 battles
14 hours ago, totally_potato said:

The element of surprise is what makes this mode fun for others. And u should not have honor in a WG title. If they suddenly start attacking you, you attack them.

Oh, look who gives me advice, a little troll with (what?) 142 battles. You must be one of those Generation Z or a Millennial. Just cut the crap, will ya? This is no "element of surprise", this is completely BS.  Example: If your "teammate" in on your left, and the turrets are in the opposite direction aiming at the enemy, and  the so-called division teammate is equipped with some heavy weaponry, there's no time to fight back. You're not all the time at 100% HP, even with unlimited damage/repair consumables. You just die. Period.
"And u should not have honor in a WG title" Oh, really? Why, because it's fun and easier to be a backstabber? Well, f that. If this is the wave you're surfing on, I don't go with it.  I despise this kind of thinking. 

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
12,287 posts
Vor 14 Stunden, totally_potato sagte:

The element of surprise is what makes this mode fun for others.

having fun in backstabbing and betraying...says a lot about those "others"...

• Cool 2

Players
1,119 posts
21 hours ago, thunder3oo said:

Oh, look who gives me advice, a little troll with (what?) 142 battles. You must be one of those Generation Z or a Millennial. Just cut the crap, will ya? This is no "element of surprise", this is completely BS.  Example: If your "teammate" in on your left, and the turrets are in the opposite direction aiming at the enemy, and  the so-called division teammate is equipped with some heavy weaponry, there's no time to fight back. You're not all the time at 100% HP, even with unlimited damage/repair consumables. You just die. Period.
"And u should not have honor in a WG title" Oh, really? Why, because it's fun and easier to be a backstabber? Well, f that. If this is the wave you're surfing on, I don't go with it.  I despise this kind of thinking. 

ok for one, this ain't my NA account where i have 12000 battles, I recently started this EU account, but I am not playing as much coz of the commander rework, dead eye, secondary nerf, etc. Second of all, ppl backstab you in random battles anyway, by making the dumbest plays possible and effecting my win rate. I let that anger go. And I never face such backstabber mostly becoz I divisioned with ppl who needed help, or I am a lone wolf. There was a toxic guy who tried to back stab me with his hector, and I torped the crap out of him, and got him killed. And i also backstab on ppl who are toxic in my div. what do you expect from me.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,145 posts
22,944 battles

Let me start with the positives. The game mode is simple, uncomplicated, and can be jumped in immediately. The rewards are easy to get and quite nice. That's it.

Here come the negatives:

The main issue for me, is that the mode rewards and encourages unsportsmanlike behavior. Nothing beats a triple Whirlwind division camping exit point and ganking solo players. Why perform yourself while you can grief others?

Second issue, is that the concept of naval warfare in a scifi setting is ridiculous. Especially since the ships we are actually playing are reskins of 20th century ships and it shows. This mode could have been done as a merchant raider scenario in WW1, with T2/3/4 cruisers. The assets are already in the game. But nope, we have Amagi, Öland, Akizuki, Smolensk, masquerading as pseudo-futuristic ships.

The ships are not balanced between each other. Why play any ship if one is better than others?

Above mentioned, div killing is too an issue.

I could go on.

• Cool 2

[O-V]
Players
114 posts
8,846 battles

I think its a shame they did not make something war ship related ..Could have been good ..But this mess ..No thanks

Players
464 posts
5,402 battles

pre made divisions was a mistake

being unable to force a division to abandon their weakest link makes lone hunters close to impossible

and thats not even counting the divisions planning to camp the gate 

all of this wouldnt have been possible if you could only make them in game, its a dumb decision removing what was fun about the mode 

Players
229 posts
4,009 battles

I wonder if this stuff gets even tested before release... Whirlwind with longrange torpedos is just ridiculous overpowered, totally easy to do a solo run and kill everyone else in the game with it. These torpedos are so fast that nooe has even a slight chance.

• Cool 2

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles
22 hours ago, johncl said:

I think its a shame they did not make something war ship related ..Could have been good ..But this mess ..No thanks

Hi Captain, 
The Big Hunt Mode offers a creative alternative to the usual meta of the game. To explore different scenarios that might be appealing for other kind players. We have plenty of modes involving more classical content; if Big Hunt doesn’t appeal to you, you are still able to play Random Battles, Ranked, etc., if you want.  😊

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
5,145 posts
22,944 battles
6 hours ago, _Ghostship_ said:

I wonder if this stuff gets even tested before release... Whirlwind with longrange torpedos is just ridiculous overpowered, totally easy to do a solo run and kill everyone else in the game with it. These torpedos are so fast that nooe has even a slight chance.

We all know the answer that and it starts with the letter N.

[O-V]
Players
114 posts
8,846 battles
3 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Hi Captain, 
The Big Hunt Mode offers a creative alternative to the usual meta of the game. To explore different scenarios that might be appealing for other kind players. We have plenty of modes involving more classical content; if Big Hunt doesn’t appeal to you, you are still able to play Random Battles, Ranked, etc., if you want.  😊

Random battles are bread and butter ,

Ranked is so toxic it's no fun ,

Operations are boring ...

Coop unfulfilling ,

I would like to see some investment in Operations

Coop could me so much more than a 3 min turkey shoot ,

I would like to see more bots in COOP battles may be 60% more ..At the moment its just yolo in to get the DMG and kills 

if there was more DMG and bot ships you would have to play a bit smart   

[KL]
Players
15 posts
19,445 battles
Il y a 9 heures, johncl a dit :

Random battles are bread and butter ,

Ranked is so toxic it's no fun ,

Operations are boring ...

Coop unfulfilling ,

Coop could me so much more than a 3 min turkey shoot ,

I would like to see more bots in COOP battles may be 60% more ..At the moment its just yolo in to get the DMG and kills 

if there was more DMG and bot ships you would have to play a bit smart   

Yea co-op is just used for grinding missions, or getting that last win for the daily mission because you had a 5 game loosing streak, there was once a game mode that put fewer high ti ships against more lower ones, so an offset game might make it more interesting. as for the big hunt i have yet to be ambushed by my own division, a couple of times at the gate but it's pretty fun, in these sorta games I aim for the perm camos seeing as I don't spend dubloons on them,

WG Staff
2,524 posts
931 battles
16 hours ago, johncl said:

Do you have suggestions on which kind of Operations you would like to see again?  😊

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
2,609 posts
4,358 battles
32 minutes ago, TheWarJaC said:

Do you have suggestions on which kind of Operations you would like to see again?  😊

There's a poll about that exact topic in the General section ...

EDIT: here

• Cool 1

[O-V]
Players
114 posts
8,846 battles
8 hours ago, TheWarJaC said:

Is this a WG flaw or lack of vision 

i don't want to see any again ...I would like some new ones lol

• Cool 1

[BMD]
Players
580 posts
18,816 battles
On 3/24/2021 at 3:43 PM, TheWarJaC said:

Well lets see @TheWarJaC there is Cherry blossom, Hermes, Dynamo and The ultimate frontier i would like to see getting back again the others are getting bored.

• Cool 2

[NFURS]
Players
13 posts
4,493 battles

I say Bravo! for the idea - I sure have curesed, laughed and nearly cried quite a few hours the last days playing The Big Hunt!

The real fun is the psychological, get into divisions with random people, hope they want what you want etc. etc.....

I had a couple of matches where I divisioned up with two random people from the start, and we ruled the map together - that was great fun....

not a mode you keep playing, but great fun for a while - perhaps you could give players more stuff in the "real" world of warships to play?!

Bravo! Now fix CV.

Modder
5,396 posts
24,445 battles

After a few battles in Wild Hunt I must reload a game, becouse i have random different errors: some windows in port are not opening after click, no icons of ships, in battle or camera just fly away from my ship without any possibility to return etc. In meantime, game is lagging very hard. Probably my 8 GB of system memory or 3.5 GB video card too are full. Probably something is lacking in memory management here.

There are no such problems in normal battles.